Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,392 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:08 AM

LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System (783 Views)

Osun Vigilante Member Kills Man For 'Having Illicit Affair With His Wife' / NDLEA Uncovers Illicit Drug Laboratory In Imo State, The 15th In 7 Years / Ijora-Badia: A Slum Of Cheap Sex, Illicit Drugs And A Filthy Environment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 29, 2016
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) are serious offences in Nigeria legal system that attract 10 to 14 years imprisonment. During the regime of ex-president Jonathan Goodluck Jonathan, he passed into law in January 2014 a bill called "jail the gays bill” against the homosexuals in Nigeria. Ever since then, a lot of persecution, jungle justice and punishment have been imposed on anybody found guilty of this crime. In a recent time, many cases are reported and recorded by media. For example, a case of a make-up artist Chidima Okeke (Miss Anambra) who was alleged of exposing lesbian sex tape and removed as the Miss Anambra beauty pageant.

Furthermore, Miss Okeke was dethroned after the allegedly sex tape video of herself and friend hit the internet. Many people identified her as the lady in the tape. However, Miss Okeke took to the Instagram to deny her participation in the lesbian filled activities, even stirring more angst from her fans resulting to hateful comments. The ex-beauty queen since then has consistently raised alarms following the threat to her life. In her post, wrote, "Good morning all. This is Chidinma Okeke, Miss Anambra 2015, considering the need to make the world know the truth about the trending scandal and what we have been going through before, then and now I decided to address a world press conference at the NUJ press centre Awka today. But from the moment I made public this intention I have been under siege of threats by my blackmailers and traducers.
They have been a serious threat to shoot and bring me down at the press conference and if I ever open my mouth to say the real truth about the ugly episode. My life is under a grave danger. If they succeed in killing me today the world already known my traducers the truth is unearthed. "Most believe she will say whatever she needs to say to generate sympathy and be the victim, and others are swarming to her support. The other lady in the video is identified as Ada, using a cucumber as a intimacy gadget on Chidinma Okeke. However, Chidinma Okeke went on Instagram to claim she was black mailed and the situation has spread into a police case. The blackmailer has not been identified, but is believed to be someone from her circle of friends. The videos clearly showed faces of the girls and it's about 1 minute clip. This is an act of online bullying and the blackmailer is believed to have done this for money. Homosexuality is a big taboo in some rural parts of Nigeria. Girls have been beaten, raped and in some cases killed for lesbian acts. Let's hope Miss Chidinma's irresponsibility to record her sexual activities doesn't cost her her life.
Another case of such is Mr Jamiu Musa who was alleged of being a bisexual who is also reported on social media and that the police are seriously in search for this young guy for prosecution. Mr Jamiu Musa was an assistant catering and Event Manager of a popular event and catering company in Lagos Island called Larry Spice Venture. Information was released that he was exposed to the public as a homosexual by one of co-staff as an act jealousy. The co staff, Mr. Muyideen was successfully disseminated both the information and picture evidences of Jamiu Musa unclothedness with his sex partner to the public. The information went viral on the social media and got to police agent and as well as his father who happens to be a clergyman, precisely chief Imam of Mogaji Central mosque in Lagos Island.

On this account, Mr Jamiu was attacked and injured on the 22nd of April 2016 by some Islamic group of his father. The police agent is also on high alert to arrest the youngman for committing an offence that is contrary to the law of Nigeria. The man is in disarray and fled for persecution and highly declared wanted by Nigerian Police force.
Re: LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by Dodox: 8:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
As a matter of fact,LGBT is undivine and abormination to our great country of Nigeria.Sincerely speaking,Nigeria government did well by enacted laws to sentence anybody caught with the practices 14 years imprisonment.I gave them kudos.To hell with GLBT practice
Re: LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by bimpe83: 8:51pm On Dec 07, 2016
Eventhough,God almighty against such practices in the holy bible and quran.according to religious laws,it attracts stonning to death.people involving in this stupid homosexualism should have a rethink and shun it.Kingdom of God is getting closer,repent now or find yourselves in hell fire
Re: LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by born2begreat(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2016
Homosexuality in Nigeria is illegal i don`t know why people go against the law of the nation. I don`t support jungle justice but i`m fully behind FG for prosecuting and punish anyone found guilty of homosexual. They shoould charge the former Miss Anambra and look for Mr Jamiu too for them to face the law and they should be punished if they are both found guilty of the offence.
Re: LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by jonat2006(m): 9:32pm On Dec 08, 2016
All these you guys are posting here is just waste of time. The only way you can arrest a lgbt person is if you catch him red handed. Besides, that law has never seen the light of the day. So, leave these people alone and go and face your work.
Re: LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by yommyuk: 12:04am On Dec 09, 2016
MAY IT REMAIN SO FOR EVER AND EVER IN JESUS NAME - AMMMMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Re: LGBT Is Illicit In Nigeria System by Jayscandle: 9:30pm On Dec 09, 2016
A person or group of persons who administers, witnesses, abets or aids the solemnisation of a same sex marriage or civil union or supports the registration, operation and sustenance of gay clubs, societies, organisations, processions or meetings in nigeria commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a term of 10 years imprisonment. To me personally, Death penalty should be final judgement to 10 or 14 years imprisonment.

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Turkish College In Ogun State Where Teachers, Pupils Were Abducted / Pics Of Father Who Cutoff His Son Head And The Left Leg For Money / Ghanaian Man Arrested In Canada For Selling Rice As Iphones (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.