Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,999 members, 7,835,363 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data (21363 Views)

Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Airtel Complete List Of Data Plan, Bundles, Subscription Codes And Prices / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by chuose2: 5:45am On Nov 30, 2016
Make una all enjoy una change.

Una comot GEJ wey make life sweet, go put this cattle man and expect things to be the same.

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by wristbangle: 5:47am On Nov 30, 2016
Oluwa oo! Hear my prayer this morning.

Those who wants to frustrate Nigerians at this particular period will not go unpunished.

Gbogbo awon ti won fe ni wa lara, Oluwa o! E doju ti won. cry

Baba, this morning, use style send concentrated thunder make e strike all evil doers of the country whey e wan make Nigerians suffer for this xmas.

Heaven stamp this prayer.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by ORI1(m): 5:48am On Nov 30, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Don't thank them yet till you see am happen

Your signature is nice ammy,did you write it yourself?
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by CosmicJames(m): 5:56am On Nov 30, 2016
Oildichotomy:
When we said Buhari and his administration is a curse.

Zombies never believed
Zombies are the reason why Buhari misbehaving. They continue to hail him and say he is working even when is deliberately punishing Nigerians. This in turn encourage/empower PMB to do more and more evil because he realise that he is being hailed for doing those evil and wickedness. Zombies will not still believe/accept that Buhari is a curse even if he kills them. They are in a very terrible state of mind. Watch how they ll later blame it on past govt if Buhari succeed with this evil agenda.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Fourwinds: 6:05am On Nov 30, 2016
it seems like d CBN governor and Buhari government are going mad.!!!

d same mouth I used in praising u it is d same mouth I will use in abusing u
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Newbiee: 6:22am On Nov 30, 2016
At least it will go a long way in reducing the rate at which people watch phonography in this country
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by edozman2: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2016
Guys bad news for mtn night browsing the thing has stop working.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by ivandragon: 6:29am On Nov 30, 2016
Frankiss44:
The youth running back to the senators they hate with passion for help... Warri people say when army slap you na that time you go no say police na your friend.. Lol

thank you for this.

same Senators that they called all sorts of names & even 'occupied'.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by lukency(m): 6:30am On Nov 30, 2016
Nigerianx hv lost hope in the Yeye senate! Stupid executive!
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 30, 2016
this is a ploy to restrain most Nigerians from accessing MMM and the rest
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by ammyluv2002(f): 6:35am On Nov 30, 2016
ORI1:

Your signature is nice ammy,did you write it yourself?
Thanks dear! It was stolen cheesy
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Nobody: 6:46am On Nov 30, 2016
Anyone that is in support of this increment is an ineffectual buffoon 2
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Billygee2u: 6:51am On Nov 30, 2016
sammyj:
This is the 1st thing the Senate will be doing in the best interest of the people. I am beginning tk hate this PMB government which is anti people government! !! angry
no no no ,you and all the zombies should not hate him .have you said Sai Baba today ?
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by adisaigbo1(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2016
project50:
Don't worry soon buhari will die
And you'll live forever Mr Metusellah?

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by yemisat: 7:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Samtexjohn1:
As anger trails NCC directive to telcos to hike tariff

Nigerians have reacted angrily to the recent directive by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) to telecom operators to increase the tariff for data services, with several of them calling on the National Assembly to intervene in the matter.

In reaction to the NCC directive, MTN has started sending out bulk messages to its subscribers alerting them of the planned increase. The text message read: “Dear customer, please be informed that from 1st Dec, some MTN data tariffs will be increased to reflect the new rates set by the NCC to operators. Thank you.”

Sources indicate that the new rate could see subscribers of MTN, GLO, AIRTEL & Etisalat paying as much as N1000 for 500 megabytes instead of the 1 gigabyte, 1.5 gigabytes or 2 gigabytes they currently get, depending on the network.

There could be charges for other telecom services in the country in order to meet the reported proposition by Godwin Emefiele, the Central Bank Governor, for a tax from mobile phone users in the country as part of efforts to address the economic recession.

Many subscribers who reacted to the issue via their twitter handles wondered why NCC would seek to bring more hardship on Nigerians who are battling to survive the economic recession. They called on Senate President, Bukola Saraki, to stop the draconian directive by NCC.

The Senate President in a short message on his Twitter handle has promised that the Senate would intervene.

Senator Shehu Sani was among those who condemned the planned increase. “At a time telecom companies are still making billions in profits despite the recession, increasing tariff on data services is simply about extorting more from the people for data after paying more for electricity,” Senator Sani wrote.

Henry Ezeanya wrote: “can you people kindly look into the NCC's hike in data charges. Market force bringing prices down, but NCC wants it up..”

Seyi Benz: “they want to gag us by increasing tariff so we can't come online n harangue them on bad governance. It's a ploy.”

Judith Hanrankis : “sir, am a student that still manage to subscribe with 1500 for my assignments, pls I can’t afford this NCC new rate,do something”.

David Olar tweeted: “Pls #SaveOurSoul @bukolasaraki Call Tariffs should be cheaper @NgComCommission can not be acting a script of incompetent.”

Olumide: “still wondering how people in NIGauthority think, other countries: almost free wifi, Nigerian govt. data4d rich”.

Umar. S: “Pls sir, don’t let them hike it. Nigerians are already feeling the heat.”

Nwachukwu Ugochukwu: We trust you to act fast on this as usual. Thanks Mr President.

Kazzem Mossa Tijani: “Enough of these extortions. Salary is not increased. Salary is not regular and everything is just going up. What a country. It seems NCC is not experiencing recession. God save us from these heartless people.”

Olushola Olufolabi: “cheap cost of reliable communication enables good business, good business translates to good economy growth”

In a short reply to the numerous tweets, Saraki confirmed that the Senate will look into the data tariff increase. “Will do”, the Senate President said.

http://www.aksmedias.com.ng/2016/11/senate-pledges-to-intervene-in-plans-to.html

E be like say APC scam dey use jazz o o o. They added VAT #5:00 for doing any inter bank transactions, nobody complained! Now, data tariff increment!! Anyways, I am not surprised, APC Scam is looking for money to prosecute 2019 elections so that when they are asked the source, they would simply say from well wishing NIGERIANS!!! Chai! If they could afford #5000 per vote in Ondo state, I wonder how much they would spend in 2019. I strongly believe they would spend more than DASUKI
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Bahddo(m): 7:14am On Nov 30, 2016
project50:
Looking back at GEJ's rise to power, I don't know if I want that rat-faced vice president Osinbajo to become president. He looks and acts like a houseboy.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by AlanSugar(m): 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:
"Food Increase" Nigerian youths might just Grumble.... But Data increment will lead to a lovely Youths Revolution.

Its Atiku 2019

Shameless cretin. Lolz. Re your attached meme, Jonathan was synonymous with rotten English, "my people, hope you have seen the change you seek"! How can you reoort present tense and past tense in one sentence? The 'seek' there should've been replaced with 'sought'
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Bahddo(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2016
Laple0541:
Nigerian youth are damn too docile, half of what we encounter here has not happened elsewhere when everything were scattered! It's high time we took a revolutionary action.
who would start it? The moment soldiers storm the place... Who would remain? Are you willing to die for data?

Nigerians love life too much to risk it.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by AlanSugar(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2016
izzou:
I just can't wait for the Defenders of Buhari to come and do the usual

Nobody will defend him here, trust me. I'm pro APC.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by izzou(m): 7:22am On Nov 30, 2016
AlanSugar:

Nobody will defend him here, trust me. I'm pro APC.

Lol
What do you guys actually see in this man? I don't like PDP but I am sure they would have done better and looted more.
But as for buhari, he doesn't even have any vision for this country
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by sammyj: 7:38am On Nov 30, 2016
grin common garrout of here! !! grin shocked grin
Billygee2u:

no no no ,you and all the zombies should not hate him .have you said Sai Baba today ?
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by HARDDON: 8:09am On Nov 30, 2016
What does ncc stand to gain from these hikes?
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by cametopass: 8:31am On Nov 30, 2016
We have been scammed by this govt. Tomorrow the same people that are scamming us will be advising us not to patronize MMM as if they have better program than MMM. This is one of those reasons why Nigerians dont TRUST and LISTEN to govt and their agents.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by WesBreezy: 8:33am On Nov 30, 2016
Why all this restlessness ? If all Nigerians don't subscribe they would feel the heat also cheesy but e no possible Na .. Even if Na 1k 10mb people must still buy am
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by imoh070: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=Samtexjohn1 post=51489703]As anger trails NCC directive to telcos to hike tariff

NCC and their ploy to reduce media takeout and also a Pontiac scheme to extort money,Internet is not a privilege but it's a right to every citizen..Bukola saraki has to do something
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by simtosul: 9:12am On Nov 30, 2016
Meanwhile I av subscribe ahead their data increase using mtn pulse of #500 for 1 gig after loading #5,500. Before February next year I wil av money for another subscription

Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Toylove: 9:58am On Nov 30, 2016
MidasTouche01:
UP Nepa!!!
Una still dey get light...
Mhen... Dey don fvck Nigeria front and back
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Horbar1: 10:01am On Nov 30, 2016
project50:
Though am not in support of Buhari's policies + actions, but it's inhumane to wish anyone death. My God forgive u.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by MidasTouche01(m): 10:27am On Nov 30, 2016
Toylove:

Una still dey get light...
Mhen... Dey don fvck Nigeria front and back

grin
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by Bimpe29: 11:14am On Nov 30, 2016
We are paying more for virtually everything. The sufferings are just too much for the poor masses.
Re: Senate Pledges To Intervene In Plans To Increase Cost Of Data by ORI1(m): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Thanks dear! It was stolen cheesy
Lol,me sef will steal yours

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! How Do I Delete Measure,cast Studio And Engriks On Android? / Infinix Zero 5G: Infinix Releases Its First 5G Phone Into Nigerian Market / Auto Correct: Smartphone Users Worst Enemy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.