Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 AM

Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW (9331 Views)

FG Says Power Generation Is Up To 7000MW, Nigerians Reacts / Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / ‘FG Owes Egbin Power Station N86 Billion’ - CEO Egbin Power Plc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by basilo102: 3:10am On Nov 30, 2016
’Femi Asu

The nation’s electricity woes have worsened as generation from its biggest power station, Egbin, plunged to a record low of 172 megawatts on Tuesday, down from 1,085MW on March 15.

Eight of the nation’s 26 power plants were idle on Tuesday, according to industry data obtained by our correspondent.

Generation from Egbin, which is located in Lagos, with an installed capacity of 1,320MW, was said to have been limited to 172MW largely due to gas supply shortages.

Its units ST3, 4 and 5 were out due to gas constraints; ST1 was said to have tripped on generator CB trouble, and ST2 was not on spinning reserve due to a management decision.

The nation recorded a total system collapse on Thursday, November 24, the second time this month and the 20th time this year, the data showed.

The total national power generation fell to 3,224MW on Tuesday, down from 3,574.2MW on Monday.

Eight of the nation’s power generating plants, including Olorunsogo II in Ogun State and Ibom Power in Cross River, were completely idle on Tuesday.

Other plants, which did not generate any megawatts of electricity as of Tuesday, were Afam IV & V, Rivers IPP, Trans-Amadi, AES, ASCO and Gbarain.

Olorunsogo’s units GT1, 2, 3, 4 and ST2 were said to be out due to gas constraints, while ST1 was out on maintenance.

The GT1 unit of Ibom Power was out on guide vane problem, while GT2 and 3 were out due to maintenance of the gas station for 45 days since October 21.

Twelve units of Afam IV & V were said to have been de-commissioned and scrapped; units GT13, 14, 15 and 16 were out on blade failure; GT17 and 18 were out due to burnt generator transformer, while GT19 and 20 were awaiting major overhaul.

River IPP’s unit GT1 was reportedly out due to gas constraints, while Trans-Amadi’s GT1, 2 and 4 were out due to gas constraints and GT3 out on fault.

The AES was said to be out of production; ASCO’s GT1 was shut down due to leakage in the furnace, and Gbarain’s GT2 was out due to gas constraints.

http://punchng.com/power-generation-egbin-drops-84-172mw/

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by GudluckIBB(m): 3:28am On Nov 30, 2016
Gas shortage, repairs, shutdown,maintanance

How come they all happened at the same time.
Na the same time all of them dey get fault ?

Na wah o!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Atiku2019: 3:31am On Nov 30, 2016
No Positive News Under this Gestapo Government cry cry cry

#Atiku2019

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by OPCNAIRALAND: 3:47am On Nov 30, 2016
Na Fasola I go blame nau. I talk am say after that yarn about Sango cant deliver 1kw of power, the deity fit vex.
See now as power don drop 84%. Eehn, wetin we go do now? angry

10 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Grundig: 5:45am On Nov 30, 2016
BuhaRi is busy hobnobbung with the wrong set of individuals from the Niger delta while the militants are hard at work blowing up pipeline Installations.

The rains are no longer here. So power installations are working at low capacity.

With the exception of barth nnaji, fashola is just like every other power minister.... Clueless, powerless, ignorant, ....Just name it!

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by mustmust(m): 6:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Hmmm everything inflation but power generation suffering deflation

1 Like

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by serikiYCU(m): 6:32am On Nov 30, 2016
Oga fash, which level now
Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by blackfase(m): 6:43am On Nov 30, 2016
Foolish Fashola, shooting off with his stinky mouth that power issue is no rocket science. He thought running a federal project is like the stupid 12mw plant he built on Lagos Island. Him eye go done dey clear now. Bastards in govt. As for that Buhary, i now know Idiagbon was the poster man of his earlier administration.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2016
By the time buhari finish with us, our neck go long pass rope

onatisi come give us prophesy for the new month we wan enter

haaaahahaaaa

@that man below me, that same thunder way no fire you when BH they kill innocent people while you guys were busy blaming jonathan....

una never see anything, them never implement data laws egift , antiwailers them don loss...... RIP to ur moniker in advance

18 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by obailala(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2016
Thunder fire the maggots that would complain of the looming blackout or insult Fashola or Buhari but go about celebrating the blowing up of gas pipelines.

I already sight some one of them here.

9 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by obailala(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2016
GudluckIBB:
Gas shortage, repairs, shutdown,maintanance

How come they all happened at the same time.
Na the same time all of them dey get fault ?

Na wah o!
When there is insufficient gas supply and some turbines shutdown, the load demand becomes too much for the remaining functioning turbines and it eventually forces them all to shutdown.

6 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Izonpikin: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2016
obailala:
Thunder fire the maggots that would complain of the looming blackout or insult Fashola or Buhari but go about celebrating the blowing up of gas pipelines.

I already sight some one of them here.
grin grin

Thunder go still fire everybody wey carry this trouble maker president and talkative minister of darkness give us... grin

Nigeria is a mess..

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Meanwhile Fashola is waiting on Sango to provide lightning for MW

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by ojun50(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2016
In my area nw we only hv light jst for 2hours per day
Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by obailala(m): 7:26am On Nov 30, 2016
Izonpikin:
grin grin

Thunder go still fire everybody wey carry this trouble maker president and talkative minister of darkness give us... grin

Nigeria is a mess..
The president dey him own for abuja dey flex, una dey where una dey dey do jaguda upandan like market woman wen nor see customer reach night grin Now you don come here dey talk say president abi na fash dey find trouble, abi the trouble wey dem find na to win election?.... una use this very jaguda dey starve hundreds of millions of people (including una own relations) and una dey think say na buhari wey dey flex for abuja una dey punish? undecided
Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by izzou(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2016
Every move by Apc to cripple this country was a hit

13 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by walozanga(m): 8:52am On Nov 30, 2016
prepare for the worst come 2017 from all angles, food, power, security etc. Thats my advice cos dis government dont give a f*ck

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by abumeinben(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2016
When a lawyer heads the power ministry, a lawyer heads Communication Technology ministry...what shall we expect?

Tariff increment!

Just like we have too much data for Internet access, we have too much MW of power to light up our appliances.

This adminstration is a mirage!

__________________-----------------______________-----------------

From another angle, Root Cause Analysis:

What's their claim about the drop? Gas supply.

Why is that? Militants

Why are they blowing up pipelines and oil installations? 5%

What is the government doing? Operation Crocodile Smile and Operation Python Dance.

You dont want to negotiate with militants in the South, but you're negotiating with terrorists in the North. What a joke!

If Fashola is committed to the success of his efforts, he would have been bugging Buhari on ND issue.

8 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2016
Instead of Fashola to try and improve power he was busy giving useless lectures that add no nothing to power supply

5 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by wunmi590(m): 8:53am On Nov 30, 2016
Nigeria my country.

No wonder I called my people in Lagos, while I am still in akwa ibom at present, to ask them of the situation of light, they said for like 4days no light, despite the fact that our family house I close to the state house.

Hmmm oga gan Ni ooo

1 Like

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by hakeem4(m): 8:54am On Nov 30, 2016
No light, no data , no food

By the time buhari is done with Nigerians, this is how Nigeria will look like in 2019

9 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Nobody: 8:54am On Nov 30, 2016
angry angry angry angry
Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by PaulIdu: 8:55am On Nov 30, 2016
I am not suprised because Buhari and failure Na like 5 and 6

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Bobby4090: 8:56am On Nov 30, 2016
And what is the Minister of Darkness talking about this

3 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by emmygzy(m): 8:56am On Nov 30, 2016
Thunder fire APC and their zombie

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by galeiiTNA: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2016
Our minister of power is waiting for Sango

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Armstrong34(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2016
Power belongs to Godcheesy

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by TheEminentLaity: 9:03am On Nov 30, 2016
Body language no dey give una light again? cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Akinz0126(m): 9:04am On Nov 30, 2016
Dem never chee chomchin make una wait make we enter heat season na den una eye go clear.
Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by nubreednews: 9:04am On Nov 30, 2016
check out this hillarious chats between these two people:will make you laugh out your rib
smiley wink cheesy grin grin shocked
http://nubreednews..com.ng/2016/11/check-out-this-hillarious-chats-between.html
Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Izonpikin: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2016
obailala:
The president dey him own for abuja dey flex, una dey where una dey dey do jaguda upandan like market woman wen nor see customer reach night grin Now you don come here dey talk say president abi na fash dey find trouble, abi the trouble wey dem find na to win election?.... una use this very jaguda dey starve hundreds of millions of people (including una own relations) and una dey think say na buhari wey dey flex for abuja una dey punish? undecided
cheesy

Oboy na everybody dey suffer this thing ooo

1 Like

Re: Power Generation At Egbin Drops By 84% To 172MW by Bahddo(m): 9:11am On Nov 30, 2016
Is that why I've had just 5mins electricity in the past 48hrs? I just hate this government and everyone in it!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ohaneze Ndigbo Wades Into Feud Between Gov Umahi And Anyim / Bashir Magashi: Nigeria Needs Prayers From US, Not Terror Alert / When Will The Governorship Elections Petition Tribunals Deliver Judgement?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.