Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

Religious Activities Without Active Relationship With Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religious Activities Without Active Relationship With Jesus (362 Views)

Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu / My Personal Encounter With Jesus On 8th June, 2019 / COZA Celebrates Easter With "Jesus Paid It All" Event!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Religious Activities Without Active Relationship With Jesus by FreshGreen: 4:50am On Dec 01, 2016
RELIGIOUS ACTIVITIES WITHOUT ACTIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS
Matthew 23:23, “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.”

Activity in the name of God without active relationship with Jesus is a mere religion. The Pharisees were more concerned about paying tithes than living a life of justice and mercy. Paying tithes-sermon is a common sermon in many churches today; paying tithes is good and biblical, but more than that is presenting your life as a living sacrifice, holy and accepted to God, which is your reasonable service. The truth is that, tithes payment is not meant for everybody in the church except those who have totally surrendered their lives to Jesus Christ- you may not hear that from your modern preachers. God wants us to first present our lives holy unto Him before we begin to pay tithes. Those G.Os, Bishops and pastors who say everybody, including unbelievers, should pay tithes are modern and mere Pharisees.

If you are not genuinely saved and serving God in holiness, you need not to be concerned about paying tithes and offerings, your concern should be to first surrender your life to Jesus and be sanctified. Preachers who preach tithes more than more transformation of life in godliness are modern Pharisees. You are not qualified to pay tithes or help God’s work until you totally surrender your life to Jesus and start new life of holiness in Him. Your tithes and offerings are useless and baseless without the salvation of your soul and sanctification of your life.

Isaiah 1:13-16
Bring no more futile sacrifices;
Incense is an abomination to Me.
The New Moons, the Sabbaths, and the calling of assemblies—
I cannot endure iniquity and the sacred meeting.
14 Your New Moons and your appointed feasts
My soul hates;
They are a trouble to Me,
I am weary of bearing them.
15 When you spread out your hands,
I will hide My eyes from you;
Even though you make many prayers,
I will not hear.
Your hands are full of blood.
16 “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean;
Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes.
Cease to do evil.

This message is from Revelation of Truth Evangelical Ministries
Subscribe for daily Christian articles at
www.rtemoutreach.org

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ministers Speaking In Tongues Into D Microphone / Yahweh Praise Festival / So-called Arm Of St Anthony Was An Antelope's Penis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.