Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,356 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) (374 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 01/12/17 / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 12/10/2017) Obedient Children / Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 05/10/2017) Occupy Till He Comes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) by 4reala(m): 6:12am On Dec 01, 2016
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: THURSDAY 1ST DECEMBER
THEME: HIS EARS ARE NOT DULL
Memorise:
Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands. Job 14:15
Read: Isaiah 59:1-3
1:1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
2:2 But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
3:3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
Alienation or banishment is a form of punishment in which a guilty person is expelled from a region and forbidden to return. Alienation is commonly used by God in the Bible to cut off sinners from His presence. A good example is the banishment of Adam and Eve from the Garden of Eden as a result of their disobedience to God. I pray that you will never do anything that will cause God to cut you off from His Presence in Jesus’ name. Isaiah 59:1-2 says:
“Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; Neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear: But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, And your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.”
Christians today are daily challenging God by constantly indulging in acts that are clearly recorded as reasons for alienation in the Bible. For example, some people intentionally dress scantily on the street. Can you imagine somebody purchasing a nice pair of trousers, and deliberately using a blade to rip it to shreds before certifying it ‘fit’ to wear? If you cannot clearly spell out what passes as decent Christian dressing for yourself and your household, then you are the one to be held responsible for the loose behaviour and excesses of your family members. This is tantamount to an open invitation to alienation or banishment from the Presence of God, which explains why some Christians suffer unexplained attacks from the devil. The Presence of God departs from such Christians, making them an easy target in the hands of the devil and his agents. May the Lord deliver every child of God in this category today in the Name of Jesus.
Indeed, the Lord’s Hands are not shortened, neither are His ears heavy that He cannot hear our cry for help. Sin is always responsible for alienation from God. In what ways has your weakness, carelessness, and nonchalant attitude contributed to sin and immorality in your family or the Church of God? Repent and make amends today before it is too late.
Prayer Point:
Father, please help me to commit myself to a life of holiness and righteousness in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Exodus 10:21-12:42
Psalm 113
HYMN 7: HOLY HOLY HOLY, LORD GOD ALMIGHTY
1. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning our song shall rise to thee;
Holy, holy, holy! merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity!
2. Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore thee,
Casting down their golden crowns around the glassy sea;
Cherubim and seraphim falling down before thee,
Who wert and art and evermore shalt be.
3. Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide thee,
Though the eye made blind by sin thy glory may not see,
Only thou art holy; there is none beside thee,
Perfect in power, in love, and purity.
4. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All thy works shall praise thy name, in earth and sky and sea;
Holy, holy, holy! merciful and mighty,
God in three persons, blessed Trinity!
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) by sholatech(m): 6:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Thanks 4reala for sharing this

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2016
Thanks my brother, you are doing us a great deal by making us commune with God daily and pulling us closer to God on daily basis.

Sir, can I ask that by God's strength you make it earlier like 5am, even for Sunday too?

Thank you and God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) by 4reala(m): 8:38am On Dec 01, 2016
sholatech:
Thanks 4reala for sharing this
u are welcomed sir
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional(thur. 01/12/2016) by 4reala(m): 8:44am On Dec 01, 2016
btbello:
Thanks my brother, you are doing us a great deal by making us commune with God daily and pulling us closer to God on daily basis.

Sir, can I ask that by God's strength you make it earlier like 5am, even for Sunday too?

Thank you and God bless you sir
u are welcomed. Noted sir

(1) (Reply)

MMM Is From The Pit Of Hell - Apostle Suleiman Johnson / Mor Than 90 People Confirmed Dead After A Popular Church Collapsedin Akwa Ibom / What Is Your Greatest Achievement This Year? share And Shame Devil.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.