Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

What Our Kids Talk About - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Our Kids Talk About (587 Views)

Married Men Sleeping With Their Wife's Sister Or Maid: Let's Talk About It. / My Husband Doesn’t Satisfy Me Sexually, Our Kids Not His – Wife / ‘she Holds Vigil Any Night I Demand For Sex; Says Our Kids Are Not Mine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Our Kids Talk About by Benbobola(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hello Nairalanders. Something has been bothering my mind and I thought to share. Recently, I got a part-time teaching gig in a school where I teach Grade 3 pupils. My pupils are great and they range between 7 to 8years of age. They are sharp and very observant of their surroundings. What battles me most is the gist they share amongst themselves in their free time in class. They share horrific tales of how their father beat their mothers silly in the previous night and how their mother wept profusely overnight. These same parents are seen smiling together when the come drop their wards off the next day. The fights imprint on the children's brain and alters their thinking of a peaceful home. As I was sitting marking their classwork two days ago, they were discussing... One said " hey, My daddy slapped my mummy last night and she was crying". Another said " my daddy used his koboko to beat my mummy out of the house last weekend. My mummy took us to our grandma's house after he beat her very well". They all share these storie with themselves without even bothering if their teacher hears or not.
Its really gruesome at times but I have learnt that a lot of these couples that appear to be happy in public are not as happy at home. Still the part that bothers me is that these things are done in the presence of these young minds. The boys in the class are already feeling they are the superior to the girls and can easily bully or attempt to strike them. Pls parents, we must stop this. Its will definitely have negative effects on our wards as they develop.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: What Our Kids Talk About by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
The family....

A minor but major constituent of the world at large, A child's first school.. The genesis of a man's way of life.

I think the problem with families starts as individually before generating into something more. For example a Man who doesn't love married to a conventious woman. Their marriage will know no peace. The family will know no love.

I think people should stop marrying for wrong reasons. When love is the foundation of a marriage, the family stands through strives and domestic violence will never come as an idea to solve issues

Parents should learn to keep their disagreements away from their children! The mind of a child is like a rich virgin soil whatever is planted their imprints forever and goes a long way of what becomes of that child.

May God help us all smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Our Kids Talk About by Acidosis(m): 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
Some of them enjoy the koboko. You can't persuade a person to stop what he/she enjoys.

One thing I fear about marriage is seeing a very lovely and caring woman (madly in love) with a cra.zy man. These category of women don't enjoy marriage. They spend the nights crying, and the day trying to avert recurring night tears.

So my ideal about marriage is this; marry a man/woman you love, and ensure your partner loves you too. Don't do the loving alone, it kills.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Our Kids Talk About by Cuddlebugie(f): 5:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
post=51542468:

So my ideal about marriage is this; marry a man/woman you love, and ensure your partner loves you too. Don't do the loving alone, it kills.

Why do people idealize love and see it as the very solution to all marital woes?
Yes, love is important but it is not enough. It's just a part to a whole

(1) (Reply)

The Psychology Behind Cheating In Relationships / Transgender Boy Wins High School Girls' Wrestling Tournament / How To Make Your Woman Beg For More Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.