Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,752 members, 7,820,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) (11973 Views)

FG Targets Five Million Jobs From €995m Agric Programme / Obiano Inspects Rice Irrigation At Ogbaru As Anambra Targets 600,000 MT Of Rice / Anambra Signs MOU With Chelsea Farms: Poised To Boost Food Production (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Ponponkon: 1:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
ABIA SIGNS MoU ON PALM ESTATE
.........targets 5000 jobs

The efforts and resolve of the Abia State Government, led by Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu, to expand and increase the wealth of the State has recorded another laudable development with the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MOU) between the state and a private investor in palm, S-ATM Nigeria Limited, on the Abia State palm estate in Ohambele in Ukwa East Local Government Area of the state.

The Palm estate is expected to support the governor's drive to restore the state as the number one palm producer and create jobs for youths.

Speaking, Hon Azubuike assured the investors that the state government will keep their part of the agreement as Governor Okezie Ikpeazu is in a hurry to return the state to the years of palm plantations dotting the landscape of the state.

Expounding on the MoU, Hon. Azubuike said: "Part of what we have signed now is that S-ATM Nigeria Limited must build an oil mill inside the palm estate there in Ohambele. Also the estate is going to employ over 5000 Abians, with greater percentage of the employment from the Ohambele community."

Speaking during the MOU signing ceremony, the Managing director of the S-ATM Nigeria Limited, Engr.Ogunleye , assured that his company will fulfill the terms of the agreement including investing the needed funds to realise the goals of the state palm plantation and employ Abians.

According to him, "more than 40% of the company's employees will be Abia indigenes and we will also utilise the services of the members of the host community, thereby reducing the rate of unemployment in the state".

The investor and his bankers, UBA Plc, expressed appreciation to the State government for providing the enabling environment for new investors to do business in the state without excessive bureaucratic bottlenecks.

On his part, the Secretary to the State Government, Dr Eme Okoro, who represented Governor Okezie Ikpeazu at the occasion, commended the Commissioner of Agriculture, Hon. Uzo Azubuike "for leaving no stone unturned in bringing to materialization one of the pillars of Governor Ikpeazu's administration in the area of revitalisation of agriculture to create wealth for the State".

Source: Abiaonline

3 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by mattyboy007(m): 1:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nyc one...
Agriculture d way forward...

6 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Ponponkon: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bro lalasticlala in Dr Okezie Ikpeazu lives Sam Mbakwe and Michael Okpara. We have a super governor, thing dey bafup now

2 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
Lalasticlala good afternoon sir.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nice meanwhile in some States especially West, face-me-i-face-you apartments have taken over lands for agriculture.
Government is still charging them Land use charge heavily with no contribution to agriculture.
No single contribution to agriculture, i think FG should include special grants for States that venture into agriculture.
When all these States produce, they (West) only consume and feed fat grin
The cost is even inflated e.g oranges 2pcs for N60, they buy and stock up as if the products would go into extinction.
Nonsense grin

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by afanide: 1:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
Man of the people......
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 1:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
Nice one,....Agriculture is the way forward
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by ChilledPill: 1:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Keneking:
Nice meanwhile in some States especially West, face-me-i-face-you apartments have taken over lands for agriculture.
Government is still charging them Land use charge heavily with no contribution to agriculture.
No single contribution to agriculture, i think FG should include resource control for States that venture into agriculture.
When all these States produce, they only consume and feed fat grin
Oboy you no dey mak sense these days, abi buari don chop ur brain finish

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
this is great

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by obailala(m): 2:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Excellent!... If only the okpolo eyed one had done this 8 years ago, Abia would have been on the agricultural map by now.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ebonyi rice is becoming cheap due to local rice
Anambra rice and vegetables scheming
Osogbo massive cultivation of cannabis.
North and middle belt food still cultivated massively

In conclusion, Old East brings food to the table
North brings food to the table
West still reminiscing on past cocoa.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Ponponkon: 2:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mynd44 are you interested in farming?
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Godprotectigbos(f): 2:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Keneking:
No single contribution to agriculture, i think FG should include resource control for States that venture into agriculture.
When all these States produce, they only consume and feed fat grin

grin grin grin grin grin u sef ...i know understand u sef

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Blue3k(m): 2:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Why does everyone think agriculture is way forward. Manufacturing and industrialization way forward. I don't think Nigeria imports that much food except a few staples like rice, grapes and other little thing. What we really import is machinery, manufactured parts etc. Food isn't actually that high on list.

https://www.nairaland.com/3496315/agriculture-not-way-foward-industrialization

GreatSE:
Nice one,....Agriculture is the way forward

2 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by facelessangel: 4:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
What's the Afonja MD doing in Abia?
I thought it's wrong to go to another state to do business

2 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by robay(m): 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
facelessangel:
u be Mumu

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Leopardd(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
nice one!
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Ponponkon: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2016
facelessangel:
In busines,an investor does not look at tribe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Ponponkon: 9:07am On Dec 02, 2016
lalasticlala why do you always suppress good news from Abia?
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Godprotectigbos(f): 9:26am On Dec 02, 2016
facelessangel:

u are so not ok

what is ur problem

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by EmeeNaka: 9:36am On Dec 02, 2016
Keneking:
No single contribution to agriculture, i think FG should include special grants for States that venture into agriculture.
The cost is even inflated e.g oranges 2pcs for N60, they buy and stock up as if the products would go into extinction.
Nonsense grin
I have to laugh.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by owolabifunke14(f): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2016
facelessangel:
Get lost. Are you in anyway better than an average Yoruba person?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by DaniDani(m): 11:59am On Dec 02, 2016
Good one from Hon. Uzor Azubuike. When he lost out from House of Rep and was appointed to head abia ministry of agriculture, I never believed in him. But today, he and the commissioner of Education seems to be the most outstanding commissioners. The multiplier effects will be enormous. The benefits of palm produce is too much, ranging from refined and fractionated vegetable oil, soap making, bakers fat, Pkc animal feeds, shell boiler fuel, etc. Abia State should build Massive Vegetable oil refinery in that place that can compete with power oil, kings oil etc. This is commendable.
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ikpeazu is working. Nothing for Uche Ogar

2 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Godprotectigbo2(f): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blue3k:
Wjust does everyone think agriculture is way forward. Manufacturing and industrialization way forward. I don't think Nigeria imports that much food except a few staples like rice, grapes and other little thing. What we really import is machinery, manufactured parts etc. Food isn't actually that high on list.

Then how will you get the raw materials for the industries....na wa for una ooo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
owolabifunke14:
Get lost. Are you in anyway better than an average Yoruba person?

Blacky.... how you dey wink wink
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by owolabifunke14(f): 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
GreatSE:

Blacky.... how you dey wink wink
Whity I pin hard
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by winterfell007(m): 12:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
Keneking:
Nonsense grin

i'm igbo too. but u are increasingly becoming stupid.any small talk of progress in the east. u turn it to an opportunity to insult the west. i condemn ur statement entirely . and to the yoruba people please don't take that piece of shit seriously he's writing under the influence of fanta

7 Likes

Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by Ponponkon: 1:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) by MaziOmenuko: 1:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
Oh, I love Uzo Azubuike; the only ngwa politician I admire to the core: vibrant, pragmatic and visionary.

Was thinking Ikpeazu would make him his chief of staff.

(1) (2) (Reply)

8 Reasons You Should Grow A Tree Today / My 2,000 Broiler Production Cycle / IJEOMA'S SEAFOOD-Oron Crayfish can still be bought

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.