Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? (1557 Views)

Chicken,fish&chips: House,do you think is viable in Nig. pls / The Most Economically Viable States In Nigeria To Invest Into / Is Haulage Business Viable In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:32am On Nov 10, 2009
pls i need urgent advise from nairalanders,

I'm planning to get a loan of about 500k from a bank but I still can't conclude on the type of business to go into, I'm considering the followings:

1.  A bus for transport

2. Opening an office where I would be repairing and selling laptops and all IT accessories since I'm a system(computer) engineer.

Pls I equally need other business ideas and how to write my business proposal that the bank might demand.

thanks in advance.
Re: Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by walakolobo: 7:47am On Nov 10, 2009
Who will drive the bus? Yourself? if not yourself, then you will be wasting time and money buying a bus for 500k and giving it to someone else to drive.

I think No2 will be your best bet.
Re: Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:01am On Nov 12, 2009
@ walakolobo,

thanks for the piece of advise , I plan to drive the bus myself

i equally realised that 500k would not be enough to rent an office and get the furnitures necessary and stock the shop with the items I planned to be selling.

more advise plsss

pls note: if anyone is interested in the bus and can finance it, he/she should get in touch or leave his/her contact behind.

thanks
Re: Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by asscend: 6:01pm On Nov 12, 2009
You can share office with some one for now. 500k is enough money to start something and grow your business. The computer repairs is good as people will always need your service.
Re: Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by exotica(m): 6:17pm On Nov 12, 2009
Do you Consider the bus option?

Chairman, I bereg you in the name of God or whatever you hold sacred, Pleaaseee take your option 2.
Bus or transport business is no longer profitable as you may think in this country. Not with the "agberos' and area boys that the government as empowered to feast on the vulnerability of this commercial drivers. I pity them a lot. I have been a driver for 3 years (2001-2004) before I got admission to study in a university.

Please stick to the rave of the moment ICT. Yes, I agree you may have a problem getting customers and making sales and you may go hungry for a few weeks. Let this br your source if joy. On the contrary, if you take to transport you will make faster dough but, you will soon realise that it is only for the short while as you bus will soon fade away and start giving you problems. You will always be in the mechanic shop, you won't be able to pay for the police roger, agbero, area boys, FRSC, all all the wahalas.

Think about this properly my friend, you don't know me and i don't know you. option A has law of diminishing return and option B has law of increasing return and diversity.

GBAM!!!
Re: Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ exotica and asscend,

thanks very much for the advise, I originally preferred the ICT option. why i seemed to be hammering on the transport option is because of the fast money in it so i can quickly repay the loan but all that have changed with what exotica said, i would now settle for the ICT option. thanks very much.
Re: Which Of These Businesses Is More Viable In Nigeria? by exotica(m): 4:27pm On Nov 13, 2009
@ Netsurf

Thanks for heeding to my advice. I was very passionate about this topic because, I regret my experience.
Once again thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Laptop/pc Repair & Computer Training / 10 Downsides Of Getting Rich No One Ever Tells You / Facts And Figures Of MMM Nigeria: The Endpoint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.