Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,982 members, 7,835,292 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years (1014 Views)

Man Tied & Sent Back To Family After Abandoning Them For 6 Years / Lady Accused Of Abandoning Her House Help At A Restaurant Speaks / Why Nigerian Men Hardly Forgive A Cheating Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by iluvkpetus: 6:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
Hi everyone,This is my life story and i really need your advice because I'm really confused and don't know what to do right now, I grew up in a family of 5 me being the first born, about 13 years ago dad was working as a transporter and mum a trader, I was in primary school then life was rosy tho we ain't rich but our family was the envy of others as we lived fine, in short we had a happy home...Then suddenly the meek, caring man stopped coming home unlike before though he sometimes go a week not coming home due to the nature of his work... I could remember vividly mum had call for days asking when he'd come home but he'd keep posting is and giving excuses... Not long after that needs reached us that he has married a second wife... what?... His attitude changed and so everything life was difficult, being the first born I had little idea of everything that was happening, was 6 then...Mum left her trading business as it's proceed wasn't enough for her to feed 3mouths, we dropped out of the private school we was to a government school, I cried, I never wanted to attend a government school.. oh not now, I latest finished my primary school and soon gained admission into a sec school... Then I started loving with my uncle, It wasnt easy but I had no choice.... finished secondary school and seeking for admission.... all these years dad didn't care not even put a call through...He resides at Lagos and would only come home once a year whenever a particular festival like that is in town then he'd come to a shop where I help to sell to say "Hi"..Then leave till the next year of the festival.... Life was tough... Mum re-married 2 years ago... God knows I was mad as I knew nothing about the whole plan she only came home to check on me when I saw her with the pregnancy... did I tell you she relocated withy my other siblings ?.. Obviously, I understand, she had to...I always get emotional and jealous whenever I see my friends with their dad, the way they do, the way they talk a bout whatever new stuff he buy for them... Then I proceeded to getting his number from someone.... I'll call him ask about his work and all, you won't believe that dude ego boosted be sue of that and he'd call my mum and lash out vulgar word at her on phone... finally mum realized I do call and she barred me from doing so changed my SIM and all....I know the family is broken forever as both parties are married to different partners now.... Recently, I was informed by a bro that my dad claimed he's now a changed man and wants to settle the long term dispute bla bla bla which I ain't ready for right now... while he was away life has been fair on us and very soon I'm planning to travel out only waiting for my TRV to be approved by the embassy... we were happy without him really... I'm confused cox I've made up my mind not to forgive him until I become really successful to make him realize he made a huge mistake leaving us....

Mod please help move this to the permanent site cox I really need peoples advice... Forgive the typos I'm just a O'level holder
Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by Mockinbird: 6:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
My dad was a stupid ass weasel, some said he married my mother with juju?!
I was bittered and wanted to change my name until I got enlightened.

I discovered;
1. Blaming is a lazy man's game, sh1t happens and blaming is the cheapest.
2. If i don't let go, I'd be worse than my dad
3. I am not my dad, I am ME, I'm unique- ima child of the Universe!
3. I'm the master of my destiny- I can choose the condition I want and I've got a fuckin lot to accomplsh than keepin a bs with a poor old man.

My friend, anger is like you holding a hot coal and expecting your dad to get burnt..
It's like drinking a poison and you expect the other person to die.

A wise man will changes his mind, it is only a fool that never changes his mind.
Just forgive and move on..
Anger is a negative energy and it creates a negative pathway in your brain which will inturn hinder your outer man' success.
Life is too short to be angry, let go.
#BeFree

4 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by mployer(m): 7:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
I dont like ur moniker sad

Safe journey bro smiley
Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
OK the story line is devoid of alotta details .I don't even understand it ..but I think u want us to tell u something like u need to forgive yo father .OK you are an adult u know what to do .shikenan
Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by kinggogo: 7:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
As 4 me, e cn cum bak buh we won't b close

Only greetings and small small talks finish

Buh it's ur choice

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by daniska3yaro(m): 8:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mockinbird:
Its like you holding a hot coal and expecting you dad to get burnt..
A wisde man changes his mind, a fool ever changes his.
Life is too short to be angry.
Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by daniska3yaro(m): 8:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mockinbird:
Its like you holding a hot coal and expecting you dad to get burnt..
A wisde man changes his mind, a fool ever changes his.
Life is too short to be angry.
pls listen to him,anger is for the weak n wicked people.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by Nobody: 10:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
To err is human, to forgive is divine.

1 Like

Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by Richy4(m): 11:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
You are about to travel, the best you can do is to clear all the old baggage......and start afresh ....The way you gonna sort out the cloth you will be traveling with, and the ones you gonna get rid of....Do it like that so that when you arrive to your destination, It will be as if you started all over....

Life is just too short to carry a heavy weight of grudges.....But when you lighten the weight, you will feel refreshed and cool....You might be thinking you and him got enough time on this planet...and you can't wait to rub your success on his face, It might not be so ....To avoid had I known.... Please forgive....If you do, you will be surprised how you will feel...It might be difficult...but you can do it

Just my opinion though.....At the end of the day, the decision is yours...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by soonest(f): 5:51am On Dec 02, 2016
Forgive him but don't be close to him. He failed woefully in his primary responsibly, he's not to be trusted.
Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by Terryindeed: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2016
Truth is, it's very hard but I will tell you this, forgive him, talk to him, but never involve him into your life for a while until you get settle. He might want to give you reasons for what he did and you might fall for it. So it's best you become a man before listening to what he has to say. Meet with him, tell him not to explain that you've forgiven him then move on, believe me fatherhood has a strong attachment to lost son, the closer for the both of you, the more you listen to his reasons for leaving his wife/your mum for someone else. Be wise bro
Re: Should I Forgive Dad Even After Abandoning Us For Years by Iyke366: 8:42am On Dec 02, 2016
iluvkpetus
Bearing grudges is what weak people do but then, do not forgive because we are saying so but because you want to

(1) (Reply)

Last Picture Of Late Music Legend William Onyeabor / "They Call You Beautiful But Act Differently When They See Your Scars" -survivor / 7 Things Every Guy Should Do Before You Turn 30

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.