Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

[ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" (931 Views)

SSS Detains Abba Kaka Mohammed For 48 Days Without Trial For Closeness To Magu / How Osinbajo Failed Robert Greene's1st Law Of Power "Never Outshine Your Master" / NL48 Days Of Power Day 2-"Never Put Too Much Trust In Friends,Learn How To Use.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

[ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" by IAmOged(f): 10:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
Welcome to Day 1 of Nigerians/Nairalanders "48 Days of Power" a forty-eight day series to discuss each power of Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power."

Law #1
"Never Outshine The Master"
Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please and impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite - inspire fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear more brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights of power.
Lets hear your opinions,observations,thoughts,real life examples,faults/criticism and "Bullshits".
Again,this is no substitute to studying the actual book and is meant as a thread of discuss.

subsequent links
Understanding Laws Of Power.
www.nairaland.com/3498985/understanding-48-laws-power
Introduction.
www.nairaland.com/3496900/nls-48-days-power-day
Day2.
www.nairaland.com/3498955/nl48-days-power-day-2#51589358

1 Like

Re: [ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" by IAmOged(f): 11:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
This law is relatively easy to follow because if you are doing things correctly in your life,
chances are your superior knows a lot more than you do anyway so unless you are arrogant thinking you know everything, it will be unlikely that you break this law.
Though there could be one or two things you would know more than your superior.
And then people can tell the difference between respecting someones opinion/expertise and trying to stay close learning from somebody in other to get ahead of the mentor.
Also its important to never take credit for your work at the start if you are doing your work alongside your mentor.

Cc.:Dturewa

1 Like

Re: [ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" by Nobody: 11:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
nice one semmyk
Cl:HSP

Observance
I once worked for a prestigious awards organization in the entertainment industry. I was a behind-the-scenes technical manager and assistant project manager, so my job was to handle most of the technology-related aspects of our day-to-day operations - and, on occasion, to design and develop presentations that our president and other executives would give to prospective new corporate members.
High-level executives of these prospective companies would always come by for business meetings, and they frequently complimented my boss on the quality of his presentations. I would always chime in with them, telling them how hard our president worked and how thorough he was (all the while knowing it was my work they were commenting on). My boss would frequently shoot me subtle, appreciative grins.
After only my first year of working for the company, I was promoted to project lead, given a 15% pay raise, and entrusted with the company's expense account for the purposes of "expanding our technological outreach" - which included buying a brand new 50" flat-screen television for my office.
All this, and all I had to do was let him take credit for some of my work.
Forget your personal pride and your out-dated notions of fair credit. Make your bosses look good, and the rewards will flow like honey. Increase your boss' power, because the more he can do, then the more he can do
for you.

Likewise, when you're a boss, be sure to reward your subordinates for making you look good. It's hard to let someone else take credit for your work, so let them know you appreciate it by being generous. If they feel acknowledged and valued, they'll work even better for you.
Cld:HSP
cc:sarrki(a case study of Fayemi,Amosun and co, outshining their master Tinubu),tonyebarcanista

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: [ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" by IAmOged(f): 6:51am On Dec 03, 2016
WiLdFLame:
nice one semmyk
Cl:HSP

Observance
I once worked for a prestigious awards organization in the entertainment industry. I was a behind-the-scenes technical manager and assistant project manager, so my job was to handle most of the technology-related aspects of our day-to-day operations - and, on occasion, to design and develop presentations that our president and other executives would give to prospective new corporate members.
High-level executives of these prospective companies would always come by for business meetings, and they frequently complimented my boss on the quality of his presentations. I would always chime in with them, telling them how hard our president worked and how thorough he was (all the while knowing it was my work they were commenting on). My boss would frequently shoot me subtle, appreciative grins.
After only my first year of working for the company, I was promoted to project lead, given a 15% pay raise, and entrusted with the company's expense account for the purposes of "expanding our technological outreach" - which included buying a brand new 50" flat-screen television for my office.
All this, and all I had to do was let him take credit for some of my work.
Forget your personal pride and your out-dated notions of fair credit. Make your bosses look good, and the rewards will flow like honey. Increase your boss' power, because the more he can do, then the more he can do
for you.

Likewise, when you're a boss, be sure to reward your subordinates for making you look good. It's hard to let someone else take credit for your work, so let them know you appreciate it by being generous. If they feel acknowledged and valued, they'll work even better for you.
Cld:HSP
cc:sarrki(a case study of Fayemi,Amosun and co, outshining their master Tinubu),tonyebarcanista

Cl:onenif
Increase your boss' power, because the more he can do, then the more he can do for you.
I think this is the most succinct way of putting this.
Re: [ NLs "48 Days Of Power"] Day 1-"Never Outshine The Master" by hooged: 7:25am On Dec 03, 2016
IAmOged:
Welcome to Day 1 of Nigerians/Nairalanders "48 Days of Power" a forty-eight day series to discuss each power of Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power."

Law #1
"Never Outshine The Master"
Always make those above you feel comfortably superior. In your desire to please and impress them, do not go too far in displaying your talents or you might accomplish the opposite - inspire fear and insecurity. Make your masters appear more brilliant than they are and you will attain the heights of power.
Lets hear your opinions,observations,thoughts,real life examples,faults/criticism and "Bullshits".
Again,this is no substitute to studying the actual book and is meant as a thread of discuss.

subsequent links
Understanding Laws Of Power.
www.nairaland.com/3498985/understanding-48-laws-power
Introduction.
www.nairaland.com/3496900/nls-48-days-power-day
Day2.
www.nairaland.com/3498955/nl48-days-power-day-2#51589358
@op your name

(1) (Reply)

See How Godswill Akpabio & His Wife Celebrated Christmas In Akwa Ibom Today(pics / Pressure! 6 Crucial Reasons Why Biafra Will Be Achieved / 2019: South South Stands For Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.