Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? (861 Views)

Advice With This Jamb Score I Don't Want To Lose This Year Admission / Jamb Releases 32 New Policies For This Year’s Admission | Jamb 2017jamb Releases / 4 Things To Do If This Year's Admission Did Not Favour You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by orikz(m): 12:37am On Dec 02, 2016
Taking a preview on the newly introduced cut-off POINT SYSTEM by jamb on june 2nd, 2016 for admission process(es) into all tertiary institutions.
It was stated that "cut-off mark into any tertiary institutions in nigeria for the year 2016/2017 session remains 180"

it was also stated that "institutions are to choose students/candidates who must have partakes in the just concluded jamb, scored 180+ and choose the institution as one of his/her choice of institution. Etc....

Do you really thinks those policies works out?

Lets take my own issue as an example..
I partake in this year jamb, scored 210 and i choose funaab & lasu as my choice of institution resptively... I did funaab online screening; i'm eligible but no admission given yet up till now. Unfortunately for me, when the 2nd list came out it was not pasted online, it was only pasted in the school admin building... I came to know three days after the screening that my name was among the list which is not advertise online at all.
Is that proper?!

Same thing happens to some other institutions like that and its about to happen to lasu too.,,

my question now is, can this policy work-out for 3years with the way things are?! Cuz before post utme was scrapped, things were going smoothly...
They only enforce the new policy in order to make admission process very transparent but reverse is the case instead as of today... Bcuz if to say is post utme, you will know your admission score and departmental cut-off mark will be stated and released.

What is your own personal opinion/comment/view on this issue?

Are you also affected by the policy? Lets talk

1 Like

Re: Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by orikz(m): 12:42am On Dec 02, 2016
jambites where una face?
Re: Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by Omotayo7(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
They are not transparent with the process at all it getting worse
Re: Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by orikz(m): 10:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Omotayo7:
They are not transparent with the process at all it getting worse

putme or point system? which do u prefer
Re: Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by Omotayo7(m): 1:36pm On Jan 06, 2017
orikz:

putme or point system? which do u prefer
Bro Putme Is Better As 4 Me
Re: Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 06, 2017
jambite's and Oliver twist is like one and two undecided

When P.Utme was active, they complained that their Jamb was wasting away and the system did not favour them.

Infact, on NL here, there were so many threads welcoming the new point system. But when the story changes; you start complaining AGAIN that P.Utme is better abiundecided

Nigerians sha.......
Re: Is This Year Admission Process Fair Enough? by orikz(m): 11:00pm On Jun 22, 2017
SirWere:
jambite's and Oliver twist is like one and two undecided

When P.Utme was active, they complained that their Jamb was wasting away and the system did not favour them.

Infact, on NL here, there were so many threads welcoming the new point system. But when the story changes; you start complaining AGAIN that P.Utme is better abiundecided

Nigerians sha.......
lol

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Story: From Bus Conductor (motor Boy) To A Phd Holder / South Africa's Universities Vs. Nigerian Universities(researchgate) / 2017 WAEC exam Answers Link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.