Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

To Every Young Man 23 To 29 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / To Every Young Man 23 To 29 (606 Views)

3 Career Rituals Every Young Person Shouldn’t Ignore Now / Have You Seen This Young Man? / Young Man Poses Inside A Casket (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Every Young Man 23 To 29 by babatundeizbad(m): 7:37am On Dec 02, 2016
I am in my twenties, and I must say I have never felt as much pressure in my life as I feel right now.

My age range, 23 – 29 is probably the toughest times for us young men. You are in between depending on your parents for everything and wanting to be independent.

The pressure to become something. The desire to be someone and the urge to earn and deserve the respect of being a “MAN” is so immense.

When you look around you, all you see is people like you who are doing something out of your dreams. Everybody else seems to be doing better than you.

Why wouldn’t they, when all you have is one dead android phone, no car of your own, no apartment of your own and no job that you can be proud of plus you have been single since the stone-age?

It is crazy, trust me I know. Many times, nobody is verbally putting pressure on you, but just looking at the way people react to you, you know what it is.

Worse still some of us let this pressure get to us so bad, we start looking for shortcuts out of our problems.

Sadly, this is the age many guys lose it. This is the age many guys lose their identity, acquire different vices like alcohol and drug abuse.

This is the age when “legal or illegal, money must be made” becomes your anthem.

Who can blame you? Shortcuts come a dime a dozen in this society of ours.

Yahoo boys are the coolest guys around, and on the other side of the coin are the pseudo-entrepreneurs jumping from one get-rich-quick scheme to another. You are torn, I know, you are considering it seriously.

“At least I will get something from there to maybe go legit later,” you say to yourself, but deep down you know you do not want to go down that path.

You know money is not the only goal at the end of the day.

Deep down you want your folks to be proud of you.

Deep down you want to be a good example in society.

You want to be able to look your kids in the eyes and say to them “money is not everything, integrity and dignity matters.”

You want to walk the straight path.

You have been doing it all your life, from primary school to first degree.

Now is not the time to stop.

Now is the time to hang in there.

Now is the time to have an open mind and not compromise on your values.

There are a thousand and one legitimate ways to make money. The primary thing required is a ready and open mind and the will to put in the work necessary even if it means sleepless nights.

The price of success is steep. You have to be willing to pay the price.

To become successful, you have to put in time, energy, money and every other thing you have got.

It is not easy; trust me I know, I am struggling myself.

Have patience, my friends, one day it will all make sense.

Source: http://theidealmale.com/2016/11/30/to-every-young-man-23-to-29/

1 Like

Re: To Every Young Man 23 To 29 by Nobody: 8:38am On Dec 02, 2016
sad

Depending on your parent at this stage makes one a liability

1 Like

Re: To Every Young Man 23 To 29 by babatundeizbad(m): 9:56am On Dec 02, 2016
EmmzyWhite:
sad
Depending on your parent at this stage makes one a liability

Exactly. And even if they are not telling you, you can feel it. Especially if you have younger siblings.
Re: To Every Young Man 23 To 29 by Peromnia: 7:41am On Feb 23, 2018
cool

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Accent Ranked 6th Sexiest Globally / Uninterrupted Power Supply: Help Something Is Wrong. / Israel Threats To 'take Down' UK Minister....see What Happens Next

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.