Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat (23579 Views)

Jammeh's Luxury Cars Being Loaded Into A Plane In Gambia (Photos) / "Capture Yahya Jammeh Alive Or Dead": ECOWAS Issues Last Command / Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Opharhe: 4:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
22 years? Chai!
Good thing he's conceded defeat.
GEJ has set a very good record and for Africa worthy of emulation.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Astuteleader(m): 4:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

why was he angry when the accepting defeat phone call was leaked?
he never conceded in good fate, he had no option after all he tried his best by using Dasuki to postpone the election, sharing almost all our common wealth to buy our votes and even paying for prayers and miracles and going to the extent of using Orubebe to frustrate the result announcement
if we go by una logic then Fayemi of Ekiti state is the Hero
is that all?? Typical Zombie doing his thing.

2 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
Buhari is next! The self-serving nomad MUST concede defeat come 2019!
#never again will i vote a heartless/clueless oppressor.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by baby124: 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
eurogee:
Gej, the pacesetter. God bless you wherever u might be
GEJ did not set any pace. He had no choice. If he tried gra gra, it would have been worse for him. After all he used all our resources to ensure re-election but still failed

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Ijaya123: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
worlexy:
GEJ setting legacies for other African countries since 13BC

Legacy of corruption you mean?

GEJ government and corruption are like, you know that popular picture... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Ijaya123: 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Opharhe:
22 years? Chai!

Good thing he's conceded defeat.

GEJ has set a very good record and for Africa worthy of emulation.

What record please?

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Realdeals(m): 4:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Fantastic!
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by martineverest(m): 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
after banning internet,phones etc for electoral reasons,he still lost.....museveni and mugabe are next
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
African leaders and their acquisitive habit of clinging to power
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by drskyfly007(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

he never conceded in good fate, he had no option after all he tried his best by using Dasuki to postpone the election, sharing almost all our common wealth to buy our votes and even paying for prayers and miracles and going to the extent of using Orubebe to frustrate the result announcement

because the call was meant for buhari and not for greatiyk4u or any other...It was a private call...give honour to whom honour is due cool

3 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by jrusky(m): 4:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Please go and seek God face for sense because your statement is very very close ally to Kemi Oluloyo statement. That is all I will say to you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by breakeven: 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Now I respect jammeh.my perception about him has changed. I thought he would rig the elction. In fact I alreadybgave it to him.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
I was in that country for four years. Peaceful country living on Tourism. Jammeh is good in some areas and bad in some.
He used to tell the citizens they are lazy and should stop envying or victimising foreigners especially nigerians. He stood against compulsory use of hijab by all female students despite the fact that he is a Moslem and the country is like 90% Muslim. It caused a serious quarrel between him and the Imam of the state house back then 2002/2003.

His bad side is when all ECOWAS scraped payment for residential permit , he insisted that Gambia is not as rich as other countries in ECOWAS so Gambia would still ask ECOWAS citizens to pay every year for permit.
The immigration are always after Nigerians chasing them about within the townships.

He was a dictator too, he jailed many journalists and some were said killed by him.

The ppl will miss him for he enlightened the Gambians and brought them many development, more than his predecessor Dauda Jawara.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by seunmsg(m): 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
2016 is truly the year of the underdog. From Brexit to Trump and now Gambia, underdogs winning everywhere. Congratulations to the new president elect of Gambia. I hope it won't take another 22 years to remove him from office as well.

2 Likes

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
breakeven:
Now I respect jammeh.my perception about him has changed. I thought he would rig the elction. In fact I alreadybgave it to him.

I thought as much too
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by luvinhubby(m): 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Fayemi & APC went to court.

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Pylony(m): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
This is a great news, even after his goverment went ahead to disconnect internet and international calls with the disguise that it is to checkmate violence, lastly the peoples votes decide.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by hysteriabox(m): 5:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
Serves him right. In one of his campaign speeches, he opened his arrogant mouth to say no one is as perfect as him and Gambia deserves only him as president. Na nemesis show face. Let the probe begin
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by ngolokante(m): 5:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for being an example to Africa and the world at large

Mindsets like this is why despite the abolishment of slave trade centuries ago, Africans continue to live in bondage. There is absolutely nothing spectacular in a sitting president who was beaten handsdown conceding defeat. How can Goodluck Ebele Jonathan be an example to Africa and the world fa for conceding defeat in an election that even him, knew he was most likely going to lose except for a miracle or how would one explain all the yansh licking with traditional and spiritual leaders prior to the election? Even by looking at demographics from the surface alone, it was obvious that Jonah was going to lose...He was despised in the North, untrusted in the West, even in the East and South South which were his strongholds, people were not 100% satisfied with him, not to talk of the mind blowing stealing, corruption,incompetence and ineptitude that characterized his 6 years rule...Jonah would have been a hero and an example to the world if somehow, the rigging schemes such as the show put forward by Orubebe, Fayose et al had played out and he won, but he then declines to rule accepting that the process that brought him was not fair and as such he won't accept the mandate, then he can be said to have set an example; not when he had his arse handed to him and he collected it. What option did he have sef? But I can understand your position. It is only in Africa that we hail people who are responsible for our problem and celebrate thieves with as mundane an excuse as the fact that they speak our language or attend the same Mosque, Church or even shrine with us...

1 Like

Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Grundig: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Was it Jamneh who made Islam the official religion of the country? I think he was. he went further to introduce and impose some weird things that shouldn't be done during the Muslim fasting period
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Earth2Metahuman: 5:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
henrydadon:
grin
see as he resemble king of zamunda

those kids are adorable.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by arsenal33: 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan for being an example to Africa and the world at large

this man that stole billions of dollars.. i hope the new guy arrests him immediately, JUST LIKE BUHARI SHOULD GO GO AFTER......
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Opharhe: 5:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ijaya123:

What record please?
Jamb Question.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by FEGNO: 5:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
THE JONATHAN EXAMPLE IS GRADUALLY BEING EMULATED. NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY HE WILL BE JUDGED KINDLY BY HISTORY.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by juman(m): 5:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hope their change would not be jala jala (nonsense) like change in nigeria.

Those opposition in gambia should go and study who obafemi awolowo was.
He was a politician who stood for the interest of the masses.
Those opposition would learn many things how to handle their things and how to be committed leaders from his leadership style.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by Ijaya123: 5:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
Opharhe:
Jamb Question.

Dumb answer.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by rhames(m): 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
ewu Gambia as the igbos will say grin
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by bokohalal(m): 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
eurogee:
Gej, the pacesetter. God bless you wherever u might be
OZAOEKPE:
Kenneth Kaunda and Matthew Kerekou before the man that put us in this mess.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by blackprowler: 6:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
greatiyk4u:

You're a pathetic lowlife. I wish you were born in Zimbabwe
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by blackprowler: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
poksmahn:
this man that stole billions of dollars.. i hope the new guy arrests him immediately

It's cos of your mind that they never hand over power, preferring to destroy their countries instead. Mumu!
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by tunderay(m): 7:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
He once boasted to rule for 1million years, just like the PDP boasted to rule for 60 years, look at where it all ends now.
Re: Yahya Jammeh Loses Presidential Election In Gambia, Concedes Defeat by nevilbot: 7:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Will u guys just shut up with this ur Jonathan laying examples!! Incumbent presidents in Senegal av bin losing and handing over without incidents even before gej became Nigerian president and heaven didn't fall. As at last count, 2 such incidence av bin recorded dia.

He is not d ist in africa neither is he d ist in d world to lose an election and leave so I don't get who he set examples for. Maybe shortsighted people like u who refuse to see beyond dia noses.

If u lose election u hand over and its no biggie. Gej did not set any example or do any special thing. Maybe u need to go read up on wat a democracy means

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

US Warships Moves Into Red Sea Closer To Syria / Fattah: Iran Unveils Its First Hypersonic Missile / Russia Proposes Law To Expel Foreigners Who Push ‘LGBTQ+ Propaganda’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.