Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat (822 Views)

Senegal To Host Gambia’s President-elect Until Swearing-in / The Gambia President-Elect; Adam Barrow Is Alive - Gambian Journalist, Camara / Adama Barrow Set To Rule Gambia, Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by meglith(m): 2:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
President Yahya Jammeh, who has ruled The Gambia for 22 years, has conceded defeat to opposition leader Adama Barrow, the chairman of the independent electoral commission said Friday.

“It’s really unique that someone who has been ruling this country for so long has accepted defeat,” Alieu Momar Njie told reporters ahead of the release of the results of Thursday’s presidential election.

Gambian state television told AFP that the 51-year-old head of state, who seized power in a coup in 1994, would make a statement later in the day to congratulate Barrow.

Jammeh was running for a fifth term with his Alliance for Patriotic Reorientation and Construction (APRC), while Barrow ran for eight political groups who united for the first time to field a single candidate.

Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
Ha, Yayha Jammeh is defeated, I hope Gambians can now dance during Ramadan
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Sunnymatey(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
That's the right thing to do. He want to be famous like Jonathan.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by chrisxxx(m): 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
God bless Jonathan for setting the pace at the presidential level of conceding defeat. African leaders should know it is no weakness in conceding defeat. In democracy the majority says who leads them. They may be right in their decisions. They may also be wrong as examples abound even in our doorstep.
Those who win should not view it as winners take it all. Lest nobody would concede defeat for obvious reasons of persecutions after leaving office.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by modath(f): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
Barrow ran for eight political groups who united for the first time to field a single candidate.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by FastShipping: 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow!!

Yaya Jameh to concede defeat?

Africa is going places.

I hope hopeless, know nothing, inept, cunny, hypocritical, tribalistic, archaic, bigot Buhari concedes defeat in 2019 when he is finally defeated and disgraced out of office. It is true that PDP brought pain and hopelessness on Nigerians but Buharis has made it worse.

I wont listen to anyone who says 16 years of PDP destruction can't be corrected in two years. It is obvious Buhari lacks ideas and democratic zeal to work with every sections of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by FastShipping: 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
chrisxxx:
God bless Jonathan for setting the pace at the presidential level of conceding defeat. African leaders should know it is no weakness in conceding defeat. In democracy the majority says who leads them. They may be right in their decisions. They may also be wrong as examples abound even in our doorstep.
Those who win should not view it as winners take it all. Lest nobody would concede defeat for obvious reasons of persecutions after leaving office.

Stop it......

Many African leaders conceded before Jonathan. Don't make it look like ineffectual buffon was the first to do so. Ineffectual buffon knew he could be killed like Ghadaffi if he tried any sh1t. There were 400 Marine waiting in Kumasi for him if he tried rubbish he planned after the election.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by chrisxxx(m): 3:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

Stop it......

Many African leaders conceded before Jonathan. Don't make it look like ineffectual buffon was the first to do so. Ineffectual buffon knew he could be killed like Ghadaffi if he tried any sh1t. There were 400 Marine waiting in Kumasi for him if he tried rubbish he planned after the election.
If being ineffectual could take me to Jonathan's height, I don't mind.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by yatch360: 3:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nice one Gambia, na wa for this change slogan, seems to be passing thru Africa, change of presidents, change of traditional rulers... Mugabe, shebi u dey see wetin dey go on so....
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

Stop it......

My brother, must you allow bitterness to becloud common sense? The whole world including America who owns your so called 400 marines praised Jonathan for conceding victory. If Jonathan had not conceded victory, surely the country will burn but I am sure PMB will not be the president neither. The question is will PMB be ready to concede victory in 2019?
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by FastShipping: 3:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
chrisxxx:

If being ineffectual could take me to Jonathan's height, I don't mind.

Being ineffectual won't take you anywhere. That is a fact.

Ineffectual buffon didn't get there for being ineffectual. He got there because Nigerians of all ages, tribes and religions thought he could be trusted due to the fact that he once had no shoe to wear and used to carry his books to school with his hands. His mother couldn't afford to buy him school bag.

1 Like

Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by geogino(m): 3:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
This sounds good on the part of the president.
Come to think of it, WHAT IS HE LOOKING FOR ON THE SEAT AFTER 22YEARS??
Power really intoxicates.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by FastShipping: 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
egbonnla:
My brother, must you allow bitterness to becloud common sense? The whole world including America who owns your so called 400 marines praised Jonathan for conceding victory. If Jonathan had not conceded victory, surely the country will burn but I am sure PMB will not be the president neither. The question is will PMB be ready to concede victory in 2019?

Where is the bitterness? I beg park well jare...

He would have been gbagbo or Ghadaffied if he didn't concede.

Don't forget the plan was not to concede. The plan was for Orubebe to cause mayhem in Abuja during the announcement of results and by next day militants to start fighting from Port Harcourt but for the strong warnings from Obama and President of Ghana and then Salami Abubacar, the ineffectual buffon had no choice but to concede.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by chrisxxx(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

Being ineffectual won't take you anywhere. That is a fact.

Ineffectual buffon didn't get there for being ineffectual. He got there because Nigerians of all ages, tribes and religions thought he could be trusted due to the fact that he once had no shoe to wear and used to carry his books to school with his hands. His mother couldn't afford to buy him school bag.
Have you ever been in leadership position? If you had you will have less criticisms of leaders. Thanks.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by FastShipping: 4:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
chrisxxx:

Have you ever been in leadership position? If you had you will have less criticisms of leaders. Thanks.

I beg go and sit down jare. You were not okay with my criticism of Jonathan but fine with my criticism of Buhari.

Was it only ineffectual buffon criticism you saw in my post?

I repeat, he was named ineffectual buffon for a reason.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by Rilwayne001: 4:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
This should bring an end to GEJ's claim of sainthood.

smiley

2 Likes

Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by chrisxxx(m): 5:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
FastShipping:

I beg go and sit down jare. You were not okay with my criticism of Jonathan but fine with my criticism of Buhari.

Was it only ineffectual criticism you saw in my post?

I repeat, he was named ineffectual buffon for a reason.
Please don't expose the inadequacies of your home training here. I respect people irrespective of where I meet them.
Re: Gambia’s President Yahya Jammeh Concedes Defeat by FastShipping: 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
chrisxxx:

Please don't expose the inadequacies of your home training here. I respect people irrespective of where I meet them.

Just go and sit down. Continue crying because I called your hero ineffectual buffon that he is.

(1) (Reply)

U.S Green Card Holders from 7 ban counties denied entry to the U.S From Holiday / Iran Bans US Wrestlers From Iran.US Judge Halts Trump's Travel Ban Nationwide. / Xenophobia: 'leave Or We Kill You All' - SA Hate Group Threaten Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.