Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,254 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) (1112 Views)

Is That Dog Part Of Your Family? Fans Question Dj Cuppy / Tears Flow At Olusoji Jacobs & Blessing Douglas' Church Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) by emassflourish(m): 2:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
[img]http://2.bp..com/-bmWKfUcWcWI/WEFws1B8BeI/AAAAAAAAFVo/2x4TkH-B7q4mnJERYQwJUHZ0DFBvBqkwQCLcB/s320/Chapecoense.jpg[/img]

A plane carrying many Brazilian footballers crashed in Colombia, virtually wiping out the entire Brazilian football team, and causing a lot sorrows and tears to flow.

It has been revealed that the plane was running out of fuel, had no electrical power, and was preparing for an emergency landing, according to the pilot's final words.

The disaster on Monday night killed 71 people and sent shockwaves around the football world.

According to Reuters, in Medellin and Chapeco, fans held homage to the team.

Dressed in white and chanting "We will never forget, this cup goes to heaven" the Atletico Nacional stadium in Medellin erupted in cheers, while others cried and white doves flew overhead. The team had been due to play Chapecoense in the regional final.

Atletico wants the trophy to be given to Chapecoense in honour of the dead.

"As far as we are concerned," the team said, "Chapecoense will for ever be the champions of the Copa Sudamericana Cup 2016."

Tens of thousands of fans packed the Capeco's stadium for a second night.

When a video of Colombian supporters singing a club anthem was broadcast on a giant screen, the stadium exploded in song.

At what would have been kick-off time in the Cup final, the faces and names of those who died in the plane crash were shown on the screen.

See more photos from the memorial below:

See all photos here http://news.villaboot.com.ng/2016/12/pure-sadness-tears-flow-as-family-fans.html
Re: Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) by yatch360: 3:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
So heartbreaking
Re: Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) by mii4u(f): 3:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
yatch360:
So heartbreaking

really heartbreaking
Re: Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) by Damibiz(m): 3:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Jesus protect my family,mine friends are waiting for me in heaven,they need a goalkeeper there......any time i remember those words,tears will come frm nowhere nd fill my eyes......MAY THERE SOULS REST IN PEACE.,..
Re: Tears Flow As Family, Fans Pay Tribute To Dead Brazilian Footballers (photos) by emassflourish(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
Damibiz:
Jesus protect my family,mine friends are waiting for me in heaven,they need a goalkeeper there......any time i remember those words,tears will come frm nowhere nd fill my eyes......MAY THERE SOULS REST IN PEACE.,..

(1) (Reply)

How To Vote For Your Favourite Nominees At The Upcoming Headies. / New Peer To Peer Donation Platform Sterlingcash.com.ng / Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo's Daughter Clocks 16

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.