Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare (700 Views)

Is Ecobank Plc And Ecobank Xpress Acct The Same Thing? Urgent Pls!! / Apply For Ecobank 2018 Fintech Challenge For African Start-ups / Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 8:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
I have been using this bank for years from the days if Oceanic Bank till the present Ecobank. Seriously i have never smiled transacting with them. At Rumuokoro, portharcourt, we will stand on queue inside the bank from 11am to 5pm just to withdraw from the counter (..don't ask about my ATM card...things happened ), there u will see different characters, the crying customers, the wailers, even the ones threatening to beat up a staff if they end up not been paid after spending the whole day trying to get their money.
Back at Choba ( Uniport branch) i have to submit my booklet at the counter as early as 9am, go to lecture, come back around 12 or 1pm just to be number 5 to get paid (..maybe those people been paid since morning submitted theirs the previous day...LOL). Things got a little better when i got my ATM card and Mobile app.
Aa a participant of MMM, whenever am matched to pay someone, i have to do that as early as 6am so the recipient will receive the money/alert before 6am the next morning, contact the bank they will tell you they are waiting for authorization,(... i wonder what that means so frustrating).
I don't bother trying ATM transfers, because the last 3 times i tried, i had to go to the nearest branch to fill that annoying form (...i was debited, but my recipient didn't receive any fund).
Currently my Ecobank mobile app is a joke, even if i transfer N2000, i cant do any again for that day, telling me that I've exceeded my daily transfer limit (...like seriously?? N2000 only). i had to call customer care line just for them to tell me i can do transfer ONLY ONCE in a whole day( what a bank...that's pathetic) as at the time am typing this, Ecobank is owning me N22500 ( N12500 they debited on Tuesday promise to reverse it after 3 working days and N10000 they debited today.( i pray they pay me back before next year)
People are suggesting i open account with Akwa Savings or any Mcrofinance Bank, they are more reliable than Ecobank.
So am wondering if am the only one going/has gone through this Ecobank shit. (...Pan African bank indeed)

1 Like

Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by yomi007k(m): 8:14pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin

Lol@ Awka savings.

Eco is a glorified microfinance bank.
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by eleko1: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
Don't know about ur PH branch,Ecobank is one of the best bank in Nigeria.
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
eleko1:
Don't know about ur PH branch,Ecobank is one of the best bank in Nigeria.
am currenly in akwa ibom. Eket branch couldn't activate my mobile app after 6 weeks. Uyo branch, Barracks road is the one that promised to reverse back my money after 3 working days. so which other branch is Splendid??
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by eleko1: 8:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
smiley sad grin grin sad
Swagahyk:

am currenly in akwa ibom. Eket branch couldn't activate my mobile app after 6 weeks. Uyo branch, Barracks road is the one that promised to reverse back my money after 3 working days. so which other branch is Splendid??
grin
Swagahyk:

Lagos.Dog don't eat dog Sha. They reverse in less than 24hrs here

(1) (Reply)

Popular Supermarket In Benin Hallmark Razed By Fire / After All MMM Helped The Banks, Nonesense! / What Can I Do With A 200000 U.S Emails

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.