Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare (1272 Views)

Is Ecobank Plc And Ecobank Xpress Acct The Same Thing? Urgent Pls!! / Apply For Ecobank 2018 Fintech Challenge For African Start-ups / Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
I have been using this bank for years from the days if Oceanic Bank till the present Ecobank. Seriously i have never smiled transacting with them. At Rumuokoro, portharcourt, we will stand on queue inside the bank from 11am to 5pm just to withdraw from the counter (..don't ask about my ATM card...things happened ), there u will see different characters, the crying customers, the wailers, even the ones threatening to beat up a staff if they end up not been paid after spending the whole day trying to get their money.
Back at Choba ( Uniport branch) i have to submit my booklet at the counter as early as 9am, go to lecture, come back around 12 or 1pm just to be number 5 to get paid (..maybe those people been paid since morning submitted theirs the previous day...LOL). Things got a little better when i got my ATM card and Mobile app.
Aa a participant of MMM, whenever am matched to pay someone, i have to do that as early as 6am so the recipient will receive the money/alert before 6am the next morning, contact the bank they will tell you they are waiting for authorization,(... i wonder what that means so frustrating).
I don't bother trying ATM transfers, because the last 3 times i tried, i had to go to the nearest branch to fill that annoying form (...i was debited, but my recipient didn't receive any fund).
Currently my Ecobank mobile app is a joke, even if i transfer N2000, i cant do any again for that day, telling me that I've exceeded my daily transfer limit (...like seriously?? N2000 only). i had to call customer care line just for them to tell me i can do transfer ONLY ONCE in a whole day( what a bank...that's pathetic) as at the time am typing this, Ecobank is owning me N22500 ( N12500 they debited on Tuesday promise to reverse it after 3 working days and N10000 they debited today.( i pray they pay me back before next year)
People are suggesting i open account with Akwa Savings or any Mcrofinance Bank, they are more reliable than Ecobank.
So am wondering if am the only one going/has gone through this Ecobank shit. (...Pan African bank indeed)
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by udemejack(m): 9:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
you are not alone on this.
thats why uptil today i canot remember were i kept their ATM,widrawal booklet or even the Acct number,i dump their ass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
udemejack:
thats why uptil today i canot remember were i kept their ATM,widrawal booklet or even the Acct number,i dump their ass
good to know am not alone in this mess. though am having a new account with Diamond bank soon
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Too bad, don't you have GTB there?
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by udemejack(m): 5:40am On Dec 03, 2016
Swagahyk:

good to know am not alone in this mess. though am having a new account with Diamond bank soon
Better
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2016
Tajbol4splend:
Too bad, don't you have GTB there?
GTB is here, i don't need a bank I will spend thousands to get to the nearest branch. GTB ain't common here in Akwa Ibom
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Rhayour: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2016
Swagahyk:
I have been using this bank for years from the days if Oceanic Bank till the present Ecobank. Seriously i have never smiled transacting with them. At Rumuokoro, portharcourt, we will stand on queue inside the bank from 11am to 5pm just to withdraw from the counter (..don't ask about my ATM card...things happened ), there u will see different characters, the crying customers, the wailers, even the ones threatening to beat up a staff if they end up not been paid after spending the whole day trying to get their money.
Back at Choba ( Uniport branch) i have to submit my booklet at the counter as early as 9am, go to lecture, come back around 12 or 1pm just to be number 5 to get paid (..maybe those people been paid since morning submitted theirs the previous day...LOL). Things got a little better when i got my ATM card and Mobile app.
Aa a participant of MMM, whenever am matched to pay someone, i have to do that as early as 6am so the recipient will receive the money/alert before 6am the next morning, contact the bank they will tell you they are waiting for authorization,(... i wonder what that means so frustrating).
I don't bother trying ATM transfers, because the last 3 times i tried, i had to go to the nearest branch to fill that annoying form (...i was debited, but my recipient didn't receive any fund).
Currently my Ecobank mobile app is a joke, even if i transfer N2000, i cant do any again for that day, telling me that I've exceeded my daily transfer limit (...like seriously?? N2000 only). i had to call customer care line just for them to tell me i can do transfer ONLY ONCE in a whole day( what a bank...that's pathetic) as at the time am typing this, Ecobank is owning me N22500 ( N12500 they debited on Tuesday promise to reverse it after 3 working days and N10000 they debited today.( i pray they pay me back before next year)
People are suggesting i open account with Akwa Savings or any Mcrofinance Bank, they are more reliable than Ecobank.
So am wondering if am the only one going/has gone through this Ecobank shit. (...Pan African bank indeed)

Wow...I cant imagine you alone going through all of these. Why not send a mail to them with your account number and telephone number via ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com or chat with them on their WhatsApp 0808 760 3717. The WhatsApp is only available on weekdays though.
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:01am On Dec 03, 2016
Swagahyk:

GTB is here, i don't need a bank I will spend thousands to get to the nearest branch. GTB ain't common here in Akwa Ibom

I see
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 2:43pm On Dec 03, 2016
Rhayour:

Wow...I cant imagine you alone going through all of these. Why not send a mail to them with your account number and telephone number via ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com or chat with them on their WhatsApp 0808 760 3717. The WhatsApp is only available on weekdays though.
I have tried chatting with them via mobile app live chat, they will always refer me to thier nearest branch.
anyway I will try the WhatsApp chat though... Thanx
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Rhayour: 7:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
Swagahyk:

I have tried chatting with them via mobile app live chat, they will always refer me to thier nearest branch.
anyway I will try the WhatsApp chat though... Thanx

But sending them a mail has worked for me severally. I am sure if u do u surely will get a feedback.
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Sirpluv: 8:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Swagahyk:

Where in akwa ibom? the 1 in oron is worst. . . .
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 7:36am On Dec 04, 2016
Sirpluv:
Where in akwa ibom? the 1 in oron is worst. . . .
Uyo, Abak road
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Sirpluv: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
Swagahyk:
Uyo, Abak road
Ok. . . that shit of a bank is worst. . . in oron here . . . smh.
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 7:55pm On Dec 06, 2016
finally Ecobank has attended to me like a VIP. first of its kind. all my money remitted to me, mobile app is now working fine. atleast Nairaland has helped me.
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by thecrush: 10:35pm On Dec 06, 2016
Swagahyk:

ECObank is the same horror in all branches nationwide...hugrhh!.. I had Oceanic bank and then NYSC now forced me to use ECO...2 freaking accounts..I have had issues with two of their Uyo branches, Ibadan, Lagos...haba!
udemejack:
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by thecrush: 10:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Sirpluv:

Ok. . . that shit of a bank is worst. . . in oron here . . . smh.

Ecobank--- I had an experience with them in 2012 when the customer service lady was just pressing her phone while i was talking to her...

The one in Ikot ekpene rd was soo rude to customers ....

I hope sey dem done change dem sha
Re: Ecobank Plc...my Nightmare by Swagahyk(m): 7:34am On Dec 07, 2016
thecrush:

Ecobank--- I had an experience with them in 2012 when the customer service lady was just pressing her phone while i was talking to her...

The one in Ikot ekpene rd was soo rude to customers ....

I hope sey dem done change dem sha

These customer attendants can be rude. one of the ladies in Uniport branch...one will wonder if there was any interview on her before she got employed.

(1) (Reply)

How Mmm Daunted My Hope, Will I Lose All My Money? / Dermacol Make-up Cover In Nigeria And Africa / 7 Ways To Politely Say No When Someone Asks You For Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.