Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had (3707 Views)

Top 6 Most Features I Like About The Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 / See All The Amazing New Features I Got On My L9 Plus Today [pictures] / Top 10 Features Smartphones Will Have In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 03, 2016
ability to delete old post too

1 Like

Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 12:13pm On Dec 03, 2016
Theoritical:
Ability to change monicker @will.

yeaahhhhhh!! i should add that wink
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
photoshoot:
New emojis! cry

My pals call me lord of smiley for a reason
if Nairaland had support for unicode emoji, you will be able to use all the emoji's on your keyboard
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 12:19pm On Dec 03, 2016
MrHighSea:
Make him an offer he cannot refuse.
like $2 billion.

1 Like

Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 12:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
Olasco93:
I Agree and Disagree with some of the OP's points because a business man won't make good profit with some of your suggestions. The owner is not an illitrate not to reason. He is a Wise Afonja just like some of my fellow Emekas and Okafors...
Wisdom is profitable to direct.

and what exact point do you disagree with?
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by MrHighSea: 12:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

like $2 billion.
with a gun to his head
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
MrHighSea:
with a gun to his head
am nor dea o grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:
the are are some features that if i was seun i would had added to nairaland. they include

1. Ability to know who liked you post
i mean its fuuny how you can see who shared your post but cant see who liked it. and there are sometimes you see someones post to you. and you dont have a reply but just like the post as a sign to the person that youve seen it.

2. Full support for full Unicode emoji.
and dump those 15 green smiley wink grin . the option is just tooooooooo small.

3. Polls!!!
sometimes i wish i can add an actual poll in my post and not "like for this, share for that"

4. Merge shared under following.
just like every normal timeline. i mean both ard from the people you are following. and if i should share a post, im indirectly saying the thing said in the post to my followers, which is what following is for.

5. Delete deactivated accounts.
you know what i mean. plus new users can choose monikers not in use by anyone or rather by former users. and also the ability for users to change monikers at will.

6. Support hastags
#thingsIWishNairalandHad

7. Renovate treanding
treading should have topics with most comments and yet to or did not hit frontpage at a range of the whole week. PLUS treading should also host posts with most likes.

8. Renovate search
search on nairaland is just No No. what we do is just search, brings out results and scroll down and click "click here to try goo........" you know the rest

9. Dump stats, date/time, from above the interface, and sections and links, members online, from below.
seriously not needed features.

10. DISCLAIMER: if this feature is added to nairaland then seun owes me some cash.
10. Move all market/sales tread and section to ONE section or rather a sub-site and call it Nairaland marketplace.
it would look like olx or jiji. but diffrent cos its still nairaland and would still have nairaland theme. and it would have sections to look for items easier.

but then im not seun. so i can only wish. or dream. or wait till i buy nairaland.

You forgot to add the dislike button 'cos some posts are just so annoying.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by fratermathy(m): 1:00pm On Dec 03, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:

Not just old posts. Ability to delete any post you've made.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by BrainnewsNg(f): 4:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

neither is it our fault that you are hungry.

we are the consumers of this product(NL) so we have all the rights to talk about it

Good

Tell them
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by AdeniyiA(m): 4:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
InstaƱt messaging service
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by freezyprinzy(m): 5:09pm On Dec 03, 2016
Dislike button and I wish I can convert my likes to cash embarassed.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 5:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
freezyprinzy:
Dislike button and I wish I can convert my likes to cash embarassed.
Fit2Rule:

You forgot to add the dislike button 'cos some posts are just so annoying.
kodded:
cool
Deyrinsolar:
Especially dislike button
Iphone5:
There should be a DISLIKE button too
NCP:
11. Dislike Button
Iphone5:
There should be a DISLIKE button too

i did not forget to add dislike button. i just felt like, if you dont like a post, simply dont like it. and if you find it offensive, report it.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by freezyprinzy(m): 5:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

i did not forget to add dislike button. i just felt like, if you dont like a post, simply dont like it. and if you find it offensive, report it.
seun comman see o
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by DjAndroid: 6:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
I think it has "POLL" but only supermods have access to it.

No. 9 is for commercial purposes. It's an information for potential advertisers.

While No. 10 is in existence. Visit nairalist.com also owned by Seun.

To add to your list: Let there be "MARKET PLACE" for all buying and selling. Then in the market place, let there be the whole states of the nation so If want to sell or buy any item, I will simply go to the state where I reside and advertise. Not just doing a random search allover the forum.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by DjAndroid: 6:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
Flygeriansteve:
Rather than likes, up votes and down votes like YouTube or Credit

The site also could use a facelift. No update since how many years

Plus responsible mods to regulate tribalism and nonsensical comments

What you are seeing now is a facelift. Nairaland was not like this when it started.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by kodded(m): 6:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
[s]
PhonePlanet:

[/s]

undecided

(Dislike)
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by DjAndroid: 6:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
YOUNGSTUNNA:
you can delete a post but it should be the ability to delete a thread that has less than 5 comments.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by DjAndroid: 6:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:

yeaahhhhhh!! i should add that wink

Changing monikers will make it impossible to trace members. For instance you want to to refer to my old post using my moniker, how will you find it when my moniker has changed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by DjAndroid: 6:36pm On Dec 03, 2016
fratermathy:

Not just old posts. Ability to delete any post you've made.

is it to delete a post or a thread you opened?
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by pinkyruledworld(m): 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
[quote author=PhonePlanet

10. DISCLAIMER: if this feature is added to nairaland then seun owes me some cash.
10. Move all market/sales tread and section to ONE section or rather a sub-site and call it Nairaland marketplace.
it would look like olx or jiji. but diffrent cos its still nairaland and would still have nairaland theme. and it would have sections to look for items easier.

but then im not seun. so i can only wish. or dream. or wait till i buy nairaland.[/quote]

seun once had that number 10, I dont know why he stopped it, the site was nairalist.com

I so much gbadun the site back then

1 Like

Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by augster(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
And employ more sensible mods.
Not those that bans anyhow and deletes helpful threads.
Also he should allow us post some external links, you can't write HOVA. TEK without getting banned
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by fratermathy(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
DjAndroid:
is it to delete a post or a thread you opened?

Both posts and threads.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 6:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
DjAndroid:

Changing monikers will make it impossible to trace members. For instance you want to to refer to my old post using my moniker, how will you find it when my moniker has changed.
lol

then he should make it change once per year
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by cromz(m): 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2016
it would make a lot of sense if we can have Pchat or DM on nairaland
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by dancuz(m): 9:34pm On Dec 03, 2016
PhonePlanet:
the are are some features that if i was seun i would had added to nairaland. they include

1. Ability to know who liked you post
i mean its fuuny how you can see who shared your post but cant see who liked it. and there are sometimes you see someones post to you. and you dont have a reply but just like the post as a sign to the person that youve seen it.

Jump to page too should be included

2. Full support for full Unicode emoji.
and dump those 15 green smiley wink grin . the option is just tooooooooo small.

3. Polls!!!
sometimes i wish i can add an actual poll in my post and not "like for this, share for that"

4. Merge shared under following.
just like every normal timeline. i mean both ard from the people you are following. and if i should share a post, im indirectly saying the thing said in the post to my followers, which is what following is for.

5. Delete deactivated accounts.
you know what i mean. plus new users can choose monikers not in use by anyone or rather by former users. and also the ability for users to change monikers at will.

6. Support hastags
#thingsIWishNairalandHad

7. Renovate treanding
treading should have topics with most comments and yet to or did not hit frontpage at a range of the whole week. PLUS treading should also host posts with most likes.

8. Renovate search
search on nairaland is just No No. what we do is just search, brings out results and scroll down and click "click here to try goo........" you know the rest

9. Dump stats, date/time, from above the interface, and sections and links, members online, from below.
seriously not needed features.

but then im not seun. so i can only wish. or dream. or wait till i buy nairaland.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by Abeos(m): 12:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
Good suggestions
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by oluwadaemilola: 10:56am On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

if you mean i dont have enough money yet, i agree smiley
By my estimation Nairaland is worth about 120m if not more
If you can give him like 200 he will surely sell
But he'll probably use the money to start another forum and compete with you
Osewa na smart guy
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by PhonePlanet(m): 11:32am On Dec 05, 2016
oluwadaemilola:

By my estimation Nairaland is worth about 120m if not more
If you can give him like 200 he will surely sell
But he'll probably use the money to start another forum and compete with you
Osewa na smart guy
Na too small. Even me I won't sell nl.

2 billion dollars!!!

Seun would sell NL and retire from IT
Trust me.
Re: 10 Features I Wish Nairaland Had by oluwadaemilola: 2:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
PhonePlanet:

Na too small. Even me I won't sell nl.

2 billion dollars!!!

Seun would sell NL and retire from IT
Trust me.
Nah IT is in the blood
It's not something you can retire from
SeunOsewa you fit sell Nl
i don't think he can for any price

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The phone this Nairalanders sold me was a fraud not 4G / Glo's New Prepaid 3g Data Service / Connect To Zain Internet For 1year Without Paying A Kobo For Just 200naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.