Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,003 members, 7,856,048 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

15 Extremely Successful Individuals That Overcame A Rough Past (NEVER GIVE UP) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 15 Extremely Successful Individuals That Overcame A Rough Past (NEVER GIVE UP) (521 Views)

I went through a Rough Patch, but now back stronger than Ever - DJ Cuppy / 2018 Forbes Africa Under 30 Individuals List(photos) / Tiwa Savage: How I Overcame My Marriage Crisis In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

15 Extremely Successful Individuals That Overcame A Rough Past (NEVER GIVE UP) by naijaspice: 11:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
The path to success is not always smooth... Some people give up halfway because of some challenges which are mainly temporary. These group of people listed below are one of the greatest in their field but they really had a rough past ....
15 Extremely successful Individuals that overcame a rough PAST

1. Walt Disney

At 24, he had Oswaldo the Rabbit, his first successful cartoon character, stolen from him by Universal Studios. At 25, MGM told him no one would ever like Mickey Mouse. At one point in his twenties, Disney was so poor that he resorted to eating dog food....

2. Sylvester Stallone

While shopping Rocky around Hollywood, Stallone was so poor he tearfully sold his dog Butkus for $25. Once Rocky was purchased, he bought the bullmastiff back for $3,000 and even gave the buyer a small part in the film.

3. Steve Jobs

Although Jobs was a millionaire by 23, he became so disliked at Apple by the end of his twenties that his own company fired him. Jobs credited this devastating setback with helping him enter “one of the most creative periods” of his life.

4. J.K. Rowling

By the end of her twenties, Rowling was a divorced, unemployed single parent on welfare. After being rejected by eight publishers, Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone was published right before her 32nd birthday and quickly became a best-seller.

5. Oprah Winfrey

Oprah bounced around various Baltimore news stations, including one that fired her for getting too emotionally invested in stories. Her demotion to daytime TV proved a blessing in disguise, and by 30 she had the highest-rated talk show in Chicago.

CONTINUE READING >>>> http://thehubngr.com/2016/12/02/15-extremely-successful-individuals-that-overcame-rough-past/
Re: 15 Extremely Successful Individuals That Overcame A Rough Past (NEVER GIVE UP) by gbemi514: 12:23am On Dec 03, 2016
Even Dwayne Johnson

(1) (Reply)

I Wish All My Children Came From One Woman – 9ice / Davido Splashing Cash On Fans On The Streets Of Lagos / Kanye West Music Star Debuts Blonde Hair After Mental Breakdown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.