Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,224 members, 7,829,371 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun (37459 Views)

2019: New Mega Party Targets 16 Governors (see states on their radar) / Ultimate Warriors of Niger Delta Emerges, Demands 60% Oil Bloc / Niger-Delta Avengers Threaten Atiku, Danjuma, Lukman, Other Oil Bloc Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by aresssa: 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
[s]
steppin:

Lwkmd! Looks like this Congo lives outside Nigeria.
We're not used to anything, we're just playing the hand we're dealt with.
Buhari has kept so many people in jail even when the courts ruled against it. What are we gonna do? Fight the government?
[/s]

We are talking about GEJ and not Buhari and I don't even remember saying anything about Buhari. Learn how to read and comprehend

I don't even how your silly Buhari nonsense contradicts my assertions about GEJ..
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by steppin: 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
deji15:

You just need to console yourself on the loss of your ineffectual buffoon hero. I understand your plight. EFCC has seized Peshe's money, what can you and Jonothing do about it apart from online ranting?
They seized her money, they should arrest her too Na.
Just like it'll be hard to arrest Obj or Atiku, it's also gonna be hard to arrest GEJ or Patience Jonathan. You guys can only dream, we're all this together. grin
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by steppin: 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
aresssa:
[s][/s]

We are talking about GEJ and not Buhari and I don't even remember saying anything about Buhari. Learn how to read and comprehend

I don't even how your silly Buhari nonsense contradicts my assertions about GEJ..
It doesn't need to contradict anything. GEJ is the lesser of the two evils, that's my point. Buhari is worse than GEJ.
You can write your epistles all night long, it doesn't change anything.

1 Like

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by Seunjungle(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
I pray it keeps going like this till 2019! Tinubu alliance with Atiku..this will be too heavy for anybody in Nigeria to tackle if come in 2019. This write up is to destroy Buhari for it makes him feel important. But come to think of it who is among those this writeup is referring to picking fight against Jagaban can withstand it come 2019. If not for Tinubu that God used for buhari to win the APC primary election...do you think Buhari can win ni...No! Politically Tinubu promoted all these guys(Fashola, Fayemi and others) to the political environment....when it comes to electioneering can they stand it? Anyways, its quiet interesting one
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:22am On Dec 04, 2016
... The demystification of Tinubu and TINUBUISM continues.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by Ugosample(m): 1:36am On Dec 04, 2016
deji15:

None of the past or present Yoruba political leaders is good enough, are you advocating that the Yorubas should be without one? More like Igbo style? How has that helped the Igbos?
Who has SW interest among the current crop of leaders / followers? You? Do you have SW interest at heart? What have you proposed?
Can a place function without a leader?
Is there anything wrong in regional cooperation and having a leader to provide some direction?
That is not the Yorubas. Unlike the Igbos, we have leaders even before the white man shows up at our shore.

How did the Igbos enter the communication now
And who told you we don't, or at least did not have leaders

Nnamdi Azikwe was what?
And besides the "Yoruba system" according to you has not helped Yoruba people either.
These guys don't give a shit about anybody
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by awoluyi(m): 1:54am On Dec 04, 2016
When will Nigeria masses realise that these visionless politicians are just deceiving them but in everytime protecting their selfish and ungodly interests. At the fullest of time, humilation shall be their portion for stagnating our dear country. What on earth should make these serial failures think Nigerians will vote them into power again in 2019. Redundant, over-cycled and unstable dunderheads who always struggle for power without knowing what to with it. Poor managers of victory. Mo sorry fun gbogbo yin! Shi ooo.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by aresa: 2:15am On Dec 04, 2016
[s]
steppin:

It doesn't need to contradict anything. GEJ is the lesser of the two evils, that's my point. Buhari is worse than GEJ.
You can write your epistles all night long, it doesn't change anything.
[/s]

Nigerians went to the polls, saw GEJ the stealing your is not corruption evil and booted him out back to his village and it was the best decisions Nigerians ever made.

You can cry and moan for that useless, worthless and corrupt clown till eternity, but his never coming back and his dubious history as the most incompetent and corrupt president is not going anywhere.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by Atiku2019: 3:03am On Dec 04, 2016
I Stand With Tinubu smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

#Atiku2019

1 Like

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by aresssa: 3:09am On Dec 04, 2016
Funny enough, PMB's failure and success is tied to Tinubu so it's either he's too dumb and clueless to realize this fact or he's putting too much hope in the light weights grumbling in his hears..

1 Like

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by kentAire(m): 4:33am On Dec 04, 2016
LordAdam:

You talk unintelligently.

For common $15m. Nai u dey raise shoulder.

All PEJ has to do is hire good lawyers to make sure the money remains frozen until whenever a favorable government comes along that'll release it back to her. All of Kalu's sins has been forgiven under Buhari despite all the battles he had with OBJ. All the loots have been returned to him.

Keep salivating over nonsense.

Even your god Buhari knows GEJ and PEJ are untouchables. They move freely in Nigeria and go to wherever they want to with the full protection provided by the commonwealth of Nigeria and YOUR taxes (get that too). GEJ met Abdusalami to remind him of the peace accord, before them shut off Forcados line again.

Yet Tinubu is holed up in London. The rascal has been demoted from National Leader of APC in 2015 to common Lagos State APC leader in 2016. Just one year. He can't even stay in Lagos, his supposed stronghold. Melaye threatened to impregnate his wife and he couldn't say a word. All his talk about Oyegun resignation did not even turn heads.

Tinubu has lost his relevance, while GEJ has gained more relevance. 2015 was a Pyrrhic victory for Tinubu, every homo sapien with a functioning brain knows that. He lost more than he gained.

-Lord

*Pyrrhic victory *
Dat's the *WORD*

correct guy!!!

1 Like

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by SIRmanjar(m): 5:10am On Dec 04, 2016
ImperialYoruba:
In the history of Yorubaland, nobody who went out to get political backing against ordained authority has ever succeessfully completed the displacement.

They either get consumed in their plot or they end up a worse looser in the outcome.

If any one can remember an exception Id like to hear it. Tinubu is ordained!
Tinubu is my man but he fittz into dat example u gave.Tinubu went againzt our great obaz ad disrespected dem I tink in 2014 or 2015,ad our obaz stands as our authority.i tink tinubu shuld beg dem 4 dere forgivnez
Tinubuz silence iz very annoying when he spoke last was whn he congratulatd akere ad haild buhari ad oyegun,the same oyegun he condemnd.which made him look like a coward.Tinubu shuld fight now or neva.He shuld speak up againzt hiz enemiz.I prefer aregbe because he dint giv any pretentious speech.
Hadid bin he spoke againzt aketi I don't tink he was gonna win d election.Tinubu shuld man up now or hiz silence will cost him many tinz both hiz followerz.
Jagaban will surely treat bubu ad hiz enemiz Bleep up at d right time.Buhari ad hiz fellow almajiri nothingerz will surely bow ad beg him,mayb wit presidency.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by tolu24(m): 6:59am On Dec 04, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

You didn't even read the article. Just made a mess of yourself with this comment if yours because the article clearly pointed what you're claiming out.. undecided

Congrats Mr reader but to understand is your problem because it was clearly stated that amosun, Fayemi,fashola and Shittu will take over from tinubus boys and as an OYO state indigene the write up is not only funny but ridiculous because shittu can not win his local government which is saki west so tell your master buhari to stir clear of OYO state because #oyo2019 bimbo kolade the current commissioner for local government is the annoited candidate.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by yetunsbay(m): 10:25am On Dec 04, 2016
AdeniyiA:
#all I want to say is that
they don't really care about us...#

But their own interest,... undecided
my brother did you really think we citizens care for ourselves self. Pls carry out a survey & realise my ascertion.

The country is bleeped already
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by yetunsbay(m): 10:29am On Dec 04, 2016
Splinz:
Who is Tinubu

I say he can go and die!!!
be careful for what u wish to others. Believe me this pple ve got d financial power to request d service of prayer warriors on their behalf.......to bounce back on bad wishers
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by Bolster(m): 11:11am On Dec 04, 2016
Nice article but overly optimistic about the so-called Buhari Boys and deceptively confident about the so-called demystification of Tinubu.

Let's be clear I hate godfatherism but you've got to give it to Asiwaju, nobody has been this successful in nurturing successful politicians in Nigeria.

Can Tinubu be demystify? Probably. Is Tinubu overrated? Of course not. You're not overrated if you can fight President Obasanjo for 8 years, won and lived to tell the story. You're not overrated if you can oust a sitting President with all his power and money. You're not overrated if you can successfully brand and package a candidate who've tried unsuccessfully on 3 occasions. You're not overrated if you can conceived and birth an opposition almost from nothing.

All the stories of Buhari boys is NOT a threat to Tinubu in South-West. Is it Fayemi that couldn't win a single LGA that's a threat to the legacies of Jagaban? Is it Bayo Shittu who most people from Oyo know next to nothing about? Is it Fashola who without Tinubu he will never be in politics that will now threaten the influence and reach of Asiwaju? Or is it Oyegun who couldn't win his ward in Edo that will now be threat to Tinubu?

President Buhari understands the power, influence and reach of Tinubu that's why he begged him not to work against APC in the Ondo election. And APC won. We seems to have also forgotten that Olusegun Abraham was Tinubu candidate in APC not Olushola Oke of AD.

Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu can't be this successful without acknowledging that you win some and you lose some. Jagaban can't be this successful without factoring the possibilities of his 'boys' betraying him.

Asiwaju Tinubu is a strategist not blabber. Jagaban is a victor not a nonstarter. BAT is an organiser not a disruptor.

1 Like

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by Nobody: 1:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
ODVanguard:

Either you are a poor student of history or your blind hatred for Tinubu has got you all messed up. By 2003 OBJ/PDP had Tinubu encircled as the lone AD governor in the region, yet he was able to deploy uncommon sagacity and strategy in recovering each of those SW states (including Ondo after he went out of his way to assist Mimiko in recovering his mandate).

This same enigma again showed the stuff he is made of when he singlehandedly influenced Buhari's emergence as the APC flagbearer at the presidential primaries. I can understand that such dexterity and game-changing leadership acumen and pedigree has never been experienced in the part of the country you come from, therefore your fatalistic and fantastic projections concerning his political future can be understood and excused.

It's not the first time he's been written off. Your likes said the same and even worse about him after Fayemi (his preferred candidate) lost to Fayose, only for him to shock you all with his biggest victory yet -- the dethronement of a sitting incumbent for the first time in the history of Nigeria's Democratic experiment.

So you see, your likes will come and go, while the institution that is Ashiwaju will remain. That his name is still generating and commanding this much attention even without holding any public office is a clear enough testament to this truism and fact. undecided

The problem with Tinubu and his supporters was telling themselves a big lie. They claim he singlehandedly defeated our former president. The role played by the southwest was simply a spoiler role, this was to essentially reduce the vote from the south while the north in its usual fashion would massively support Buhari like they did in 2011. We all seem to forget that Buhari got over 12 million votes in 2011 without any help from Tinubu.
What he is getting from the northerners is a gentle reminder that he was simply a spoiler and nothing else and any section like the south south and south east can play same role anytime.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by emi14: 2:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
drmichael17:
At the end of it all,Tinubu will be the last man standing....all through the pages of history it has always been the usurper ending up their rebellion in ignominy.Tinubu is the only governor of the '99 set that has become the most relevant in Nigerian politics today,he didn't get to this position by being cowered by green horns in the game.Now that Buhari is fast losing it I want Tinubu to continue to remain silent about the crisis in APC.....SILENCE IS ONE OF THE MOST POTENT WEAPONS YOU CAN USE TO CONFUSE YOUR DETRACTORS..Lay low for now Tinubu,you will have the last laugh in the end cos Buhari will go back to Daura in 2019

Hahahahahahahaha..good advice bro
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by borntosuccess(m): 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
anything that would send back buhari to daura is a welcome development
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by SycophanticGoat: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
tolu24:

Congrats Mr reader but to understand is your problem because it was clearly stated that amosun, Fayemi,fashola and Shittu will take over from tinubus boys and as an OYO state indigene the write up is not only funny but ridiculous because shittu can not win his local government which is saki west so tell your master buhari to stir clear of OYO state because #oyo2019 bimbo kolade the current commissioner for local government is the annoited candidate.

Hehehehe.. Le deceive le self! No be una been dey here dey make useless noise say Akeredolu no fit win Ondo since he's not Tinubu's anointed candidate?

But then Fayemi that couldn't even win his own local government in Ekiti, played Godfather to him and helped him massacre that Tinubu's boy in AD. All the way from Ekiti oh! That should be a course of concern for you rather than you making all these noises here. Buhari after kicking Tinubu to the curb at federal level has successfully ensured that he torments him further by using Tinubu's boys against him.

Buhari has proved that for one to eliminate a powerful Kong fu master, one must bank on his previous apprentices who must have learnt everything about their master including strengths and weaknesses.

Rather than bragging cheepishly, better think of ways that you people can keep Lagos state out of Buhari's grip because with the kind of politics Buhari plays, I won't be surprised if Tinubu and his loyalists loses SW as a whole, including Lagos state. I even fear for my SE states since he has a willing tool in Okorocha. I have no fear of Ngige, even if he wins Anambra, since he has always been a man that stood up against godfatherism (in short, I believe in him like mad).
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by tolu24(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Hehehehe.. Le deceive le self! No be una been dey here dey make useless noise say Akeredolu no fit win Ondo since he's not Tinubu's anointed candidate?

But then Fayemi that couldn't even win his own local government in Ekiti, played Godfather to him and helped him massacre that Tinubu's boy in AD. All the way from Ekiti oh! That should be a course of concern for you rather than you making all these noises here. Buhari after kicking Tinubu to the curb at federal level has successfully ensured that he torments him further by using Tinubu's boys against him.

Buhari has proved that for one to eliminate a powerful Kong fu master, one must bank on his previous apprentices who must have learnt everything about their master including strengths and weaknesses.

Rather than bragging cheepishly, better think of ways that you people can keep Lagos state out of Buhari's grip because with the kind of politics Buhari plays, I won't be surprised if Tinubu and his loyalists loses SW as a whole, including Lagos state. I even fear for my SE states since he has a willing tool in Okorocha. I have no fear of Ngige, even if he wins Anambra, since he has always been a man that stood up against godfatherism (in short, I believe in him like mad).

Your southeast may be captured but not South west because pdp winning ekiti before 2015election did not guranty goodluck Jonathan success in the general election so your buhari and his boys should be ready to spend more money than they do in ondo governorship election because my ashiwaju is not yet back physically and you are all frightening he would be back soon to show you how the game is played #bimbokolade Govoyo2019.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by bolinxman: 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
tolu24:

Your southeast may be captured but not South west because pdp winning ekiti before 2015election did not guranty goodluck Jonathan success in the general election so your buhari and his boys should be ready to spend more money than they do in ondo governorship election because my ashiwaju is not yet back physically and you are all frightening he would be back soon to show you how the game is played #bimbokolade Govoyo2019.
Seconded.Tinubu is a political strategist.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by HERSLEY(f): 8:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

Sync, formatting,

Reprogram will not do meme

I strongly advise to do factory reset mode
u need more of d factory reset little one.
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by SycophanticGoat: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
tolu24:

Continue deceiving yourself, you hear. E Don already start for your domot, next thing, we go hear say Buhari boys done deliver all your state on a platter.. cheesy grin
Re: 2019: New Power Bloc Takes Shape In Southwest - Daily Sun by 7lives: 11:16am On Dec 05, 2016
deji15:

You cannot say that Tinubu did not build schools, healthcare and estates in Lagos during his tenure as Governor and neither can you say that about his successors.
Now you singled out Tinubu. In your intitial post you mentioned Awolowo. Did Awolowo not build school too?
If Tinubu is not the leader, who then is?
There is nothing like none apolitical Yoruba leader. A leader must be able to influence and if that influence includes help in choosing political leader, that is what must happen.
What you are proposing is Igbo style of leadership and as Yorubas that is not who we are. We have been known to have leaders even before the white man shows up. The white man also have leadership too in their tradition and that is how they built empires.
A city cannot be without a leader. Nature abhors a vacuum.

Ignore that guy abeg, suppose there is no KABIYESI in his home town grin grin grin he is definitely not an Odua.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Wants Obasanjo To Refund The N10m Donation He Made Towards His Library / Show That You Love Nigeria, Call Tinubu Now, Adewole Adebayo Tells Atiku, Obi / N-Power Knowledge Multi-track Youth Empowerment Programme Approved By FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.