Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal (21639 Views)

Sex Scandal: Dr. Aduwo, Ekiti State University Lecturer Caught With Student / Covenant University Sex Scandal: Photos, Audio Of Adooh Emmanuel / Olumuyiwa Oludayo: Sex Scandal Covenant University Lecturer Chat Leak By Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Imoala: 4:56am On Dec 03, 2016
Our correspondent, who was informed by some frustrated current and ex-students of the situation, had written the report detailing how female students of Auchi poly were mandated to sleep with their male lecturers before they could pass their courses.

But for the male students, because they are sexually unattractive to the lecturers, the only way to bail out was to hire prostitutes or beg their girlfriends to sleep with the concerned lecturers on their behalf in order to pass their courses.

The report also narrated how some of the lecturers preferred to accept cash — ranging from N10,000 to N20,000 per course — rather than sex, to award grades.

Our correspondent learnt that the Executive Secretary, NBTE, Dr. Masa’udu Adamu-Kazaure, swung into action soon after the report and constituted a fact-finding committee to investigate the claims.

By June 14, 2016, our correspondent learnt that the NBTE committee had concluded its investigations and found out that the sex-for-marks tradition had become entrenched in the institution, prompting the Federal Government to relieve the identified lecturers of their duties and demoted some others.

These disciplinary actions were announced on Thursday, December 1, 2016 by Adamu-Kazaure in Kaduna, the NBTE headquarters.

According to Adamu-Kazaure, five senior lecturers and seven other workers at the Auchi Polytechnic were sacked for offences bordering on sexual harassment and extortion of female students in the school.

Fifteen other lecturers and one instructor were also demoted in relation to the same offences.

Adamu-Kazaure said the decision was endorsed by the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu.

Commending Saturday PUNCH “for a job well done,” Adamu-Kazaure said, “When we saw the report, we promptly informed the Minister of Education, the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission and the Department of State Services and constituted a fact-finding committee with a view to getting to the root of the matter and proffering a lasting solution to the problem.

“Members of the committee included members of staff from the Federal Ministry of Education, the NBTE, the EFCC and the DSS.”

He said the report of the committee was submitted on June 14, 2016 at the 160th Regular Meeting of the NBTE where it was deliberated upon before being sent to the Minister of Education for approval.

The outcome of the committee’s report, he explained, was the dismissal and the termination of the appointments as well as other disciplinary actions taken against the culpable lecturers and workers of the institution.

He said, “The approval involved the dismissal from service of the polytechnic of two chief lecturers, two principal lecturers and one lecturer I.

“Also, four chief lecturers, one principal lecturer, one lecturer I, one lecturer II and one higher technician had their appointments terminated.

“The honourable minister also approved the demotion of one chief lecturer, four principal lecturers, three senior lecturers, three lecturer I, four lecturer II and one senior instructor.

“One chief lecturer, one principal lecturer I and one lecturer III were warned; while a chief lecturer and one senior technologist were advised on good conduct.

“Two senior lecturers were cautioned, an assistant lecturer is to be mentored; one National Diploma student is to be advised, while another student, Gideon Adaengel, is denied admission into the polytechnic.”

Meanwhile, Adamu-Kazaure thanked Saturday PUNCH for putting the board, committee and the management of the institution on their toes to perform their statutory function better.

“I will write a letter commending The PUNCH editor,” he added.

http://punchng.com/sacking-tsunami-swept-auchi-poly-saturday-punchs-report-lecturers-sex-scandal/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Imoala: 5:03am On Dec 03, 2016
It is well with our students and educational system

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by seunlayi(m): 6:34am On Dec 03, 2016
This is a mess, extend this to other schools make I do make I graduate syndrome that is making our students to succumb to exploitation from lecturers should be stopped. Student should stop keeping silence

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Adeoba10(m): 6:45am On Dec 03, 2016
95% of higher institutions male lecturers indulge in such act. It remains micro second, one of them ought to have fell inside my trap, when i asked the lady to record his conversation when he was disturbing her, unfortunately she brought out her phone to check some notification, voila!!! Dat was how the alarm blow....

26 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by nuesmann(m): 6:46am On Dec 03, 2016
it should go round

1 Like

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by cuntguy: 6:46am On Dec 03, 2016
More of the same please

1 Like

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Moreoffaith(m): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2016
Chaii....Some lectures need to be exposed and deal with.

2 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by herzern1(m): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2016

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by aylagos(m): 6:47am On Dec 03, 2016
They should not stop there, let them visit other uni and poly too

4 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Nobody: 6:47am On Dec 03, 2016
grin
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by seuncyber(m): 6:48am On Dec 03, 2016
Na wah sha

Every sector in this naija bad

Education zero

Everyman for himself

2 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by ezra1990: 6:48am On Dec 03, 2016
kkk well said
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by nely(m): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2016
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by victorazy(m): 6:49am On Dec 03, 2016
Mmmm I will give my girlfriend grin
Afterall she maybe has been yashing another guy at my back.

What is the diff btw olosho and nawadays gf that I won't sacrifice for grade? undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by ednut1(m): 6:50am On Dec 03, 2016
gals don suffer sha. its a norm in most schools.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by WizydXkoba(m): 6:50am On Dec 03, 2016
R
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by jackpot(f): 6:52am On Dec 03, 2016
seen this yesterday. Is this a remix, mods?
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Nobody: 6:53am On Dec 03, 2016
Its a pity that I don't even know what to say or what to call this lecturers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by tete7000(m): 6:55am On Dec 03, 2016
Good for them. Sexual predators.
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by gracein: 6:56am On Dec 03, 2016
animals
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by LorDBolton(m): 6:57am On Dec 03, 2016
And u wonder why today's youths are filled with hate, heartlessness, bigotry, tribalism, idiocy, all man for himself attitude etc.

Our universities turn young teens to old animals, even posts I see on nairaland is proof our educational system has failed.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Cunninlinguist: 7:02am On Dec 03, 2016
angry Imagine! A citadel of learning turned into a place of immorality. This country sef cry

1 Like

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Nobody: 7:06am On Dec 03, 2016
Good riddance to steewpid nonsense!
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Icecomrade: 7:09am On Dec 03, 2016

Good job NBTE

But these Auchi poly girls I know sha.

Hmm

75per prefer to stay away from school doing runs in Abuja, porthacourt or Lagos.

Return late into the semester to Bleep the guy helping her with assignments, give him a little cash.

Freely offer to Bleep the lecturers for marks.

Majority of them are very lazy with their studies.

They believe their pu ssy can get them what they want

16 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Kayendy(m): 7:10am On Dec 03, 2016
Thıs committee should be set up ın other schools asap.... these our lecturers have slept wıth most gals for free joor

2 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by hisgrace090: 7:11am On Dec 03, 2016
All Nigerians higher institution need this now not latter.

1 Like

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by spinna: 7:12am On Dec 03, 2016
Good , good
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by policy12: 7:18am On Dec 03, 2016
Same girl...Tomorrow mother and some one wife.
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by TeamSimple(m): 7:19am On Dec 03, 2016
That's why when you ask a first class lady graduate how she made it,the only reason is;

I DONT HAVE A BOYFRIEND.

Most of them can't even defend their class.
We have got the genius ones tho..

4 Likes

Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by buoye1(m): 7:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Good
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by Nobody: 7:29am On Dec 03, 2016
Nigerian education
Re: How Sacking Tsunami Swept Auchi Poly After Newspapper Report On Sex Scandal by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:29am On Dec 03, 2016
Two things might be involved here,
1. The lecturers are stupid
2. The students are dull

The lecturer is stupid if he choose to treat all his students including the ones that can read,write and pass the same way as the dull ones

The students are super dull if they cant read and pass or hussle money or pussy for the grades

All in all every institution in nigeria practice these things, just that sense is applied, anyway sha na polythecnique sense them get

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Students Of GSS Sabo Kaduna Writing Examination While Sitting On The Floor / Shortlisted Candidates For 2014 Addax/nnpc Scholarship Exam Is Out / Disadvantages Of Not Going To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.