Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,470 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? (1325 Views)

Wise Or Nah?? See How Nigerian Lady Announced Her Divorce (photos) / Why Are First Born Always Unwise? / Zimbabwean Wife Grabs Husband's Joystick For Denying Her Sex During Fasting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by alfredo4u(m): 6:45am On Dec 03, 2016
This stuff just happened yesterday between me and my wise. I asked her for sex yesterday morning she denied me because she is observing a fasting which she did not keep me in copy.

Pls pals, is her actions wise or unwise?
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by BellaLuce: 6:54am On Dec 03, 2016
She should ask you before taking such a decision
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by ajigiteri(m): 7:05am On Dec 03, 2016
I need to know whether your family is a Christian family or not, fasting is not restricted to Christians alone. If you are a Christian, you can't have sex during fasting. Concerning your wife telling you or not it shows how close you guys are, but this accident is not what having grudges or quarreling just let her know how you feel, if she's wise she will apologies, you should be happy you have spraying wife. Have a blessed month.
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by Edwinmason(m): 7:24am On Dec 03, 2016
she is wrong for not telling you,but it is good to stay away from sex if you are observe a fast most especially over a long period
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by menxer: 7:26am On Dec 03, 2016
Is the fasting 40 days?
If it's a day or two what's the big deal?

I know your annoyance is she didn't copy you the fasting, that can be forgiven, or do you want to start a war?

2 Likes

Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by jashar(f): 7:34am On Dec 03, 2016
As a Christian, the Bible says in 1 Cor 7: 5.... (read it)

So, it's by mutual agreement. The 2 both of you will agree the time and period. One person cannot just wake up and take such action.

Fasting is good, but people should stop doing it ignorantly. Follow God's Word properly not just because you're feeling zealous.
Not wise.

1 Like

Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by sisisioge: 8:20am On Dec 03, 2016
jashar:
As a Christian, the Bible says in 1 Cor 7: 5.... (read it)

So, it's by mutual agreement. The 2 both of you will agree the time and period. One person cannot just wake up and take such action.

Fasting is good, but people should stop doing it ignorantly. Follow God's Word properly not just because you're feeling zealous.
Not wise.

Well done sweetie...Na so the Bible talk am o.
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by alfredo4u(m): 9:03am On Dec 03, 2016
menxer:
Is the fasting 40 days?
If it's a day or two what's the big deal?

I know your annoyance is she didn't copy you the fasting, that can be forgiven, or do you want to start a war?

I have let go of it...just that she tried making something out of it.

1 Like

Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by jashar(f): 9:24am On Dec 03, 2016
sisisioge:

Well done sweetie...Na so the Bible talk am o.

Thank thank. grin
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by Richy4(m): 9:33am On Dec 03, 2016
Oga please give her a break...she is seeking the face of God for a turn around in a particular situation that she doesn't like that was affecting her, All u need do is ask her what it was and give her encouragement...You can always ask lovingly that her tell u next time she was doing something like that to avoid "conflict of interest"
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by WomanOfRace(f): 11:33am On Dec 03, 2016
unwise she didn't discus it with you before embarking on it,wise she didn't have sex with you while fasting.

Read Esther when she was married to the king and was fasting.
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by WomanOfRace(f): 11:35am On Dec 03, 2016
unwise she didn't discus it with you before embarking on it,wise she didn't have sex with you while fasting.

Read Esther when she was married to the king and was fasting.

Fasting needs our total self,body,spirit,mind and soul submission to it.

Though no one else ought to know we are fasting when we do. Btw God and Individual.
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by sunvick(m): 9:31pm On Dec 03, 2016
Seriously!!!
Legally married couples should not have sex because they are fasting
Like what is the relationship between couple fufiling their marriage vows and worshiping God

Thats Bullshit!!!
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by cococandy(f): 6:43am On Dec 04, 2016
Is sex between married couples a sin? Why does it have to avoided during fasting?

weird things

2 Likes

Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by dyabman(m): 6:47am On Dec 04, 2016
cococandy:
Is sex between married couples a sin? Why does it have to avoided during fasting?

weird things

You minding Africans ?

1 Like

Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by Nobody: 9:33am On Dec 04, 2016
I thought sex is acceptable in marriage, why is it now a sin during fasting?
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by Florblu(f): 12:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
Having sex during fasting is unwise not because it is a sin but because it allows you to fully dedicate yourself to God and also for concentration
Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by nnamdibig(m): 1:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Having sex during fasting in marriage is now unwise but not sin.........I don hear another one.
What is unwise about it?
Let's look at this, if a couple is asking for fruit of the womb & they are fasting & praying about it, so it's now unwise to have sex while they fast?
Ajambene

2 Likes

Re: Sex During Fasting As Couple.....wise Or Unwise? by chriskosherbal(m): 3:08pm On Dec 04, 2016
alfredo4u:
This stuff just happened yesterday between me and my wise. I asked her for sex yesterday morning she denied me because she is observing a fasting which she did not keep me in copy.

Pls pals, is her actions wise or unwise?

Good day sir, first of all, Fasting is abstinence from food. It does not also imply staying away from sex.

At certain levels of fasting however, you may want to abstain from sex to help you concentrate.

Having sex does not make you unclean or unholy. The marriage bed is undefiled.

Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled..... Hebrews 13:4

If you decide to abstain from sex during fasting, you must BOTH decide to do so for a definite period. Also decide (together) when you will resume your normal “activities”. This is the meaning of “except it be with consent. Thanks sir

Goodluck
https://www.nairaland.com/3476612/having-manhood-challenges-come-see#51220774

(1) (Reply)

Best Fibroid Treatments:herbs Or Sugery? / Woman Catches Baby Daddy Resting In Bed With Mom After Sex / 50mm Aluminium Venetian window blind At 6500 Per Sq Metre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.