Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,099 members, 7,814,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. (1327 Views)

Atiku Meets North-east PDP, Says Buhari Dividing Nigeria Along Ethnic, Religion / My Case Against Punch Reporter — Buhari’s CSO, Bashir Abubakar / FFK: If Buhari Finds Oil In The North, He Will Call For Nigeria To Split (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by bolaino(m): 6:45pm On Dec 03, 2016
My Reasons are as follows. The system that is supposed to be the driver of the Nigerian Ship is not functioning. Nay. It is dead. Where in the country called Nigeria can one find Justice? Is it in the Churches? The Courts? Or The Traditional Rulers. Nowhere. Why Because we are still living as slaves even in this 21st century. In our own lands. We are starving to eat food is a problem. People are dying like flies. Some people are working to build the country. While others are working to suffer and to punish those working for the good of the country. Why. Because of Money. police has no shame again. They even tell you Thank you after you give them 50 naira. As if it is Religious offering. This is shameful. Whether you are rich or poor and you are a Nigerian. You should be very ashamed of yourself. Because your Identity is causing the world problem everywhere.

1 Like

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by Jjanedoe(f): 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
bolaino:
My Reasons are as follows. The system that is supposed to be the driver of the Nigerian Ship is not functioning. Nay. It is dead. Where in the country called Nigeria can one find Justice? Is it in the Churches? The Courts? Or The Traditional Rulers. Nowhere. Why Because we are still living as slaves even in this 21st century. In our own lands. We are starving to eat food is a problem. People are dying like flies. Some people are working to build the country. While others are working to suffer and to punish those working for the good of the country. Why. Because of Money. police has no shame again. They even tell you Thank you after you give them 50 naira. As if it is Religious offering. This is shameful. Whether you are rich or poor and you are a Nigerian. You should be very ashamed of yourself. Because your Identity is causing the world problem everywhere.

and what will splitting along ethnic lines do to solve the issue? Its not as if any one ethnic group is less corrupt...

1 Like

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by homosapien(m): 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
@Op, splitting along ethnic line wouldn't do much to ameliorate the suffering of their citizens, rather it will be a continuous system of the present contraception.

I think it time for us to realize that Nigeria problem is really not central government rather our respective state governor at the regional level. If the various state governors are serious, true federalism also known as fiscal federal shouldn't be a herculean task in these age and time. But because the state governor and our representatives in the National Assembly are either Clueless or terrible selfish, which makes them non challant towards the development of our respective State.

Therefore if we should split has you suggest, it is the same people ruling us now that will still be our respective political leaders due to the fact that they control the Substructure of the society which they got through brazen looting of our common wealth.

The least we can do has citizens is to stop supporting them or beating war drum whenever karma is about to catch up with any of them. Rather we should channel our energy towards good governance irrespective of whether you are Afonja , Igbo or Aboki.

My humble submission
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by DerideGull(m): 5:36pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jjanedoe:

and what will splitting along ethnic lines do to solve the issue? Its not as if any one ethnic group is less corrupt...

It is not whether one ethnic group is corrupt or not but to create enabling conditions for each ethnic group to handle corruptible practices in its manner without being accused of tribalism.

1 Like

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by annayawchee: 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
why is everybody talking about nigeria separation ?
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by Jjanedoe(f): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2016
DerideGull:

It is not whether one ethnic group is corrupt or not but to create enabling conditions for each ethnic group to handle corruptible practices in its manner without being accused of tribalism.

so that can not happen without the split?
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by DerideGull(m): 6:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jjanedoe:

Are you very childish? When an attempt was made in 1966 to clean up government of corruption, the action was quickly turned into tribal weapon.

2 Likes

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by Jjanedoe(f): 6:58pm On Dec 13, 2016
DerideGull:

Are you very childish? When an attempt was made in 1966 to clean up government of corruption, the action was quickly turned into tribal weapon.

Seems you are the childish one. You can't answer a question without ridiculing me?
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by KingSango(m): 6:59pm On Dec 13, 2016
It will be a planned separation, that returns all ethnic groups to their traditional order and governments, done gradually over time would work. It would be safer and peaceful this way. But to persist on without this change and fighting against it there would be an implosion. When an idea or concept has out lived its time it goes away in a sudden crash. Violent, messy, bloody, all Ogun. The choice is yours, as always. Love, Baba Ejiogbe.

Ase.

1 Like

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by Opakan2: 7:03pm On Dec 13, 2016
your case is dead on arrival.. why didn't you present it when GEJ was elected

your people spoilt everything and we will clean up that mess together before anyone leaves
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by walemoney007(m): 7:07pm On Dec 13, 2016
i support the motion too...by 2019 nothing would have change in this country.
Nigeria is worst than it is in 1999,there has been no improvement in this country since obj took over...let us all go our way

1 Like

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by KingSango(m): 7:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
walemoney007:
i support the motion too...by 2019 nothing would have change in this country.
Nigeria is worst than it is in 1999,there has been no improvement in this country since obj took over...let us all go our way

You should re-establish the trade that your ancestors had with each other so as to promote peace and prosperity. The South had farming and trade arts and the North had animals and warriors.
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by walemoney007(m): 7:17pm On Dec 13, 2016
Jjanedoe:

with how useless the government of buhari is,buhari will have 90% of vote from states in the north west and more than 50% in some state in the north east.
when we split things like that will stop

2 Likes

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by bolaino(m): 4:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jjanedoe:

split along ethnic lines with each ethnic group being a state of its own. under a recognized Government of course.
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by T9ksy(m): 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2016
DerideGull:

Abeg, don't go there, jo!! That was a "done & long-buried" issue.
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by bolaino(m): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2019
bolaino:

1 Like

Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by ivolt: 9:45am On Jul 11, 2019
@bolaino
What constitutes an ethnic line?
Re: My Case For Nigeria To Split Along Ethnic Lines. by bolaino(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2019
ivolt:
@bolaino
What constitutes an ethnic line?
Thank you for this intelligent question, what i believe constitutes Ethnic lines as regards to my post is a demarcation of boundaries with borders walls etc that will serve as a form of baricade but with manned and highly monitored and guarded point of entry and exit with the use of recognized forms of identification by any individual looking to gain entry into Ethnic territories.

(1) (Reply)

Kure Pressures Buhari To Create Southern Kaduna State / Pictures Of President Buhari Chilling With His Wife In London / Throwback Photo Of Buhari & Oyegun Protesting Against Jonathan In 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.