Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,415 members, 7,812,224 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers (45971 Views)

1,000 Chinese Scammers Arrested Inside A House In Malaysia (Photos) / ‘I Called Them Before I Have Sex With My Wife’; Man Hypnotised By Scammers. PIC / 11-Year-Old Girl's Buttocks Burnt In Bayelsa For Buying Biscuit With Aunty's 100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
southpole:

what they do is after withdrawing the maximum amount usually is after bank operations have closed then they will go back few minutes after 12 midnight that time their victims may be sleeping and the ATM machine will be Reding a new date. Sometimes they can withdraw over 400, 000k using the same method but over the weekend from Friday evening to few minutes after Sunday midnight.

okay... thanks now I understand
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by victorazy(m): 7:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Kingbuhari:
only greedy people that like short cut fall for this kind of scam... I have met this ppl many uncountable time , rather they turn around to be my victim, the last one I met said I should go and bring 1m so they can bought the chemical needed to print the dollars, I collected the TP they give me go play baba ijebu, luckily I won that day , they waited for me tired because I told them my uncle kept 10m under my care... always be conscious of urself u will never fall for such

Nwa Aba
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Spacko007(m): 7:42pm On Dec 04, 2016
madridguy:
Which quranic invocations you did as I will like to know? Can you share with me?

It was ayatul kursiyu and some other azkar I know
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by justicejay(m): 7:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
This same thing nearly happened to my kid brother in that same lagos I was even thinking of writing a post on it before, and my mum and dad thought it was a kidnapping plot.
Let me mention him maybe he has a testimony to give.
MayhorE over to you.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Jamesrock(m): 7:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:

Jesu
that's huge
where did this happen??

This happened in Ondo state... den involve juju... BT him eye clear after den don carry d money go

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Temitoppe(m): 7:55pm On Dec 04, 2016
kristian98:

lol. they are much in akure also. i dont even give them a chance whenever they come to me. am like"bros abeg i no get ur time undecided"
I b jjc that time
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by blacbard(m): 8:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
Kingbuhari:
only greedy people that like short cut fall for this kind of scam... I have met this ppl many uncountable time , rather they turn around to be my victim, the last one I met said I should go and bring 1m so they can bought the chemical needed to print the dollars, I collected the TP they give me go play baba ijebu, luckily I won that day , they waited for me tired because I told them my uncle kept 10m under my care... always be conscious of urself u will never fall for such

Looooool, u would have been a scammer in your former life
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by madridguy(m): 8:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
Wow, you're superb. Ayatul Kurisiyu work like Magic.

Spacko007:

It was ayatul kursiyu and some other azkar I know

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Viccur(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
This same ish happened to my younger bro a couple of months ago. God saved my mum that there was no much at home and she was with her atm card. Funny enough, he was given around 20k to pay for my sister's skl fees, fortunately he already paid before meeting those guys. What i dnt get is do those guys actually use charms or they just brainwash with scary and death talks?
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Xync(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2016
Well, do something meaningful today. Check my signature
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Tinyemeka(m): 8:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:

P.s Is there anyway we can track the criminals,maybe going to the bank on Monday to get the CCTV footage cause the boy said he can recognise one of them very well?

Go and lodge a complaint with the police. Present the bank with the police report, asking them to provide footage of the last ATM transactions. Let the police do their investigations.

P.S. Please learn to write in a concise and logical manner. I'm yet to deduce from your write-up, what you said happened between the boy, the one standing by the ATM and the other person who said he was looking for Goko herbal cleanser. NoI offence meant.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by afeezzezo: 8:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:
It was around 6pm yesterday, while I was washing some cloths, my cousin ran to our house and started saying "Emma I don enter trouble oo.. chai, which kind life be this??"

In my mind I was thinking he got into problem with someone or probably lost his phone,I never knew it was more than that. He was sweating profusely, I then told him to calm down and tell me what the problem is

Thus he started.

"This afternoon mumsy told me to go and send some money to Bishop,as I was about entering the bank,one guy approached me and asked me if I know Where they sell *Goko cleanser* around Alaba/Suru that he's just coming down from Delta,he came to get the drug for his sick mum.I told him I don't know the place and entered the bank premises so one guy standing close to the ATM started asking me what the guy is saying and I told him. meanwhile he has already met with the guy outside but on approaching him(the second guy) he started shouting ..."I don't have money..leave me" and the guy left him and was loitering outside the bank.

Note: The guy said he has 1.3m to buy the medicine

"So the guy at the ATM now said we should go and show him the place and that the medicine is not sold up to that amount so we can get the money and share the remaining later.so I followed them.We got to one old man's house around Agudu and the guy said we should greet the Baba with respect that he is very powerful which we did.

"They now said I should bring out my phone and every other thing I have and hand it to them I did I was told...handed over to them
1.My phone
2.The 6k I'm holding
Note: The Charm they used on him is in full action

"They now asked if I know where mumsy and Sis keeps their money or ATM,I said yes..they said i should go and bring it within 30mins and I shouldn't talk to anybody on the way or at home that if I do my belle will swell up and I will have accident and die
I ran home and took mumsy's
1.Phone
2.ATM
3.#600 from her handbag

"I went back to them and gave them everything, they asked me of the ATM Pin and I told them so they now said I should go to CMS bustop and bring sand,they even gave me T.fare and off I went on coming back to that place,alas I didn't see them,I asked people around and they said they don't know..That was when it dawned on me that I've been scammed and I started running home"

Meanwhile, before he came back from the back,mumsy has already started looking for him cause she put her Glo sim in a smaller phone and immediately Debit alert started flooding her inbox..20k...20k..20k. before you know it,they've collected close to or even more than 200k
she started running like mad woman looking for her son to know what's wrong she even went to the bank that they were making the withdrawals and met the security men there, complained to them of what's happening but they told her to go back that its late. Tomorrow she should go to one branch at Ikeja and complain

To cut whole thing short,

Meanwhile I was trying every means possible to block the Pin all to no avail,I checked my Quickteller app,the change pin there isn't bringing any other option when clicked.

I remembered UBA once sent me number of one of there staff as my personal manager,I immediately searched for the message,got the number and called the guy to know if at least he knows anyone in First bank that I can reach since he works with UBA and the bank in question is First bank. Sadly he said no but I should make use of Google to search for First bank's customer care contact of which I did.
I called the number I saw

What I heard was "Welcome to first bank blah blah blah...if you want to be serviced in English press one....e.t.c(My airtime was reading oo) I then pressed 0 waiting to be connected to a care agent...now second world war began.For over 5 mins nobody picked up and my airtime finished.

I Copied the Fb page address I saw,sent them message,I was hoping they will reply asap cause they made a post just a minute before I messaged them all to no avail

I resorted to mailing them,I think that's what they got and eventually blocked the card cause I called back the customer care after recharging since they didn't reply my mail and she said it seems the card has already been blocked cause she can't see it from her own end.
just like that my Aunty lost about 200+k yesterday in this Buhari regime

P.s Is there anyway we can track the criminals,maybe going to the bank on Monday to get the CCTV footage cause the boy said he can recognise one of them very well?

They once approached me but i did not fall for it.. Sorry bou that

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Lanceslot(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lol... I believe this scammers don't use any juju or whatsoever. I've had an encounter with them, even dip my hand in their magic water to pull what the bastards said is Obasanjo, IBB. etc head (Money). I frustrated the hell out of their lives and left without dropping 1 naira for them.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by streetzdreamz(m): 9:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
a potent charm ma foot, once you ain't greedy, and you don't interfere in others business, no one can scam you!! I play dumb to em when they start asking their f**lish questions, the glare ama give you after your first question would sink down your brain this ain't no clean game for you, with the increase in media awareness, I still find it funny people still fall for this tricks, I hope the guy learnt his lessons, and I wish the culprits are caught otherwise, its a rip to the funds!!
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by afanide: 10:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:

Hahahahahhahahahaha.....Oga ooo
your own worst,how much did you give them that day??

That was 2006 o...... The Idiots said they needed money to buy chemical to wash money and i saw the mint cash. They showed my one full drum of money that i was mine.

Meeting people came to host my father. He just collected the money and put in his drawer. I collected the who 45k and heeded back to Owerri.
:>(

I returned and ws telling my family how wealthy we would be the bext week cheesy
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 11:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
afanide:

That was 2006 o...... The Idiots said they needed money to buy chemical to wash money and i saw the mint cash. They showed my one full drum of money that i was mine.

Meeting people came to host my father. He just collected the money and put in his drawer. I collected the who 45k and heeded back to Owerri.
:>(

I returned and ws telling my family how wealthy we would be the bext week cheesy
Hahahaha......very funny experience
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Thomsyne(m): 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bishops10:
It was around 6pm yesterday, while I was washing some cloths, my cousin ran to our house and started saying "Emma I don enter trouble oo.. chai, which kind life be this??"

In my mind I was thinking he got into problem with someone or probably lost his phone,I never knew it was more than that. He was sweating profusely, I then told him to calm down and tell me what the problem is

Thus he started.

"This afternoon mumsy told me to go and send some money to Bishop, Advantages of Leaving a Polytechnic for a University as I was about entering the bank,one guy approached me and asked me if I know Where they sell *Goko cleanser* around Alaba/Suru that he's just coming down from Delta,he came to get the drug for his sick mum.I told him I don't know the place and entered the bank premises so one guy standing close to the ATM started asking me what the guy is saying and I told him. meanwhile he has already met with the guy outside but on approaching him(the second guy) he started shouting ..."I don't have money..leave me" and the guy left him and was loitering outside the bank. Types of Lecturers We Have In Nigerian Higher Institutions

Note: The guy said he has 1.3m to buy the medicine

"So the guy at the ATM now said we should go and show him the place and that the medicine is not sold up to that amount so we can get the money and share the remaining later.so I followed them.We got to one old man's house around Agudu and the guy said we should greet the Baba with respect that he is very powerful which we did. Various Ways Students Make Money in Higher Institutions

"They now said I should bring out my phone and every other thing I have and hand it to them I did I was told...handed over to them
1.My phone
2.The 6k I'm holding
Note: The Charm they used on him is in full action

"They now asked if I know where mumsy and Sis keeps their money or ATM,I said yes..they said i should go and bring it within 30mins and I shouldn't talk to anybody on the way or at home that if I do my belle will swell up and I will have accident and die
I ran home and took mumsy's
1.Phone
2.ATM
3.#600 from her handbag

"I went back to them and gave them everything, they asked me of the ATM Pin and I told them so they now said I should go to CMS bustop and bring sand,they even gave me T.fare and off I went on coming back to that place,alas I didn't see them,I asked people around and they said they don't know..That was when it dawned on me that I've been scammed and I started running home". Major Ways People hustle to get Money in School

Meanwhile, before he came back from the back,mumsy has already started looking for him cause she put her Glo sim in a smaller phone and immediately Debit alert started flooding her inbox..20k...20k..20k. before you know it,they've collected close to or even more than 200k
she started running like mad woman looking for her son to know what's wrong she even went to the bank that they were making the withdrawals and met the security men there, complained to them of what's happening but they told her to go back that its late. Tomorrow she should go to one branch at Ikeja and complain

To cut whole thing short,

Meanwhile I was trying every means possible to block the Pin all to no avail,I checked my Quickteller app,the change pin there isn't bringing any other option when clicked.

I remembered UBA once sent me number of one of there staff as my personal manager,I immediately searched for the message,got the number and called the guy to know if at least he knows anyone in First bank that I can reach since he works with UBA and the bank in question is First bank. Sadly he said no but I should make use of Google to search for First bank's customer care contact of which I did.
I called the number I saw

What I heard was "Welcome to first bank blah blah blah...if you want to be serviced in English press one....e.t.c(My airtime was reading oo) I then pressed 0 waiting to be connected to a care agent...now second world war began.For over 5 mins nobody picked up and my airtime finished.

I Copied the Fb page address I saw,sent them message,I was hoping they will reply asap cause they made a post just a minute before I messaged them all to no avail

I resorted to mailing them,I think that's what they got and eventually blocked the card cause I called back the customer care after recharging since they didn't reply my mail and she said it seems the card has already been blocked cause she can't see it from her own end.
just like that my Aunty lost about 200+k yesterday in this Buhari regime

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 12:03am On Dec 05, 2016
Tinyemeka:

Go and lodge a complaint with the police. Present the bank with the police report, asking them to provide footage of the last ATM transactions. Let the police do their investigations.

P.S. Please learn to write in a concise and logical manner. I'm yet to deduce from your write-up, what you said happened between the boy, the one standing by the ATM and the other person who said he was looking for Goko herbal cleanser. NoI offence meant.
Sorry bro but about 150 persons understood what I wrote.
Thanks for the advice,we've already lodged a complaint
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 12:25am On Dec 05, 2016
Jamesrock:

This happened in Ondo state... den involve juju... BT him eye clear after den don carry d money go
Chai
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 1:45am On Dec 05, 2016
@Bishops10...Hmmm...you were calling First Bank Customer Care for over 5mins and no one picked! See why I always say First Bank is overated and a useless bank. OP...Had it been the account was a GTB account, with a simple shortcode which you can type on any phone, you would have simply blocked the ATM asap within a minute without even logging into the internet banking interface! No GTB...No Bank!!
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by macsilver(m): 8:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Lol òdè. You sef wan share 1.3m.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 8:43am On Dec 05, 2016
prince3009:
@Bishops10...Hmmm...you were calling First Bank Customer Care for over 5mins and no one picked! See why I always say First Bank is overated and a useless bank. OP...Had it been the account was a GTB account, with a simple shortcode which you can type on any phone, you would have simply blocked the ATM asap within a minute without even logging into the internet banking interface! No GTB...No Bank!!
My brother.....I can't even operate with that bank
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by ShootToKill: 9:48am On Dec 05, 2016
You dey answer comrade but you were scammed like a little sales girl just fresh from the village. Pity.
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by MayhorE(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2016
justicejay:
This same thing nearly happened to my kid brother in that same lagos I was even thinking of writing a post on it before, and my mum and dad thought it was a kidnapping plot.
Let me mention him maybe he has a testimony to give.
MayhorE over to you.
I just think that is more o less kidnapping coz considering the this me that it happens to myself I was just wondering until I sat down and rethink about what has happened, imagine helping others with their own aim of killing you? well I thank God sha

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Nobody: 3:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
madridguy:
Wow, you're superb. Ayatul Kurisiyu work like Magic.

how can I learn it?
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Jamesrock(m): 6:31am On Dec 06, 2016
Bishops10:
Chai
That's the truth

1 Like

Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by yetty247(f): 6:37am On Dec 06, 2016
Mine was a chinko fone, 20naira and d corn I bought wen I was going back to the hospital... I was scammed because my brother was on sick bed and I felt dey will help heal him.

My second experience
I was traveling to osogbo from Ibadan, inside d taxi we were 4 plus d taxi man(me, two women and d taxi man) our dialogue:
Taxi man: please do u know any native doctor in IKIRE?
Me: why do you ask?
Woman: I am coming from kano, my boss kicked the bucket and we servants packed his property (some packed his golds, some house and land document but she went into his room to carry his money but d issue is Dr is jazz on the money if we don't remove d jazz we won't b able to spend it
Taxi man: he knows one herbalist in Ibadan, we should all go so that we can share the money equally
Me: am not interested
2nd woman: why? Am also a passenger going to osogbo
Me: I am not interested ( in hard voice)
Taxi man: stopped d car and asked me to drop, immediately he turned ( I guess to go look for who to scam)

My daddy said anything that taste sweet without stress is not worth believing and that's d more reason I don't date guys cos they are rich(jobless) so that I won't b used for ritual
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by Bishops10(m): 9:25am On Feb 04, 2017
yetty247:
Mine was a chinko fone, 20naira and d corn I bought wen I was going back to the hospital... I was scammed because my brother was on sick bed and I felt dey will help heal him.

My second experience
I was traveling to osogbo from Ibadan, inside d taxi we were 4 plus d taxi man(me, two women and d taxi man) our dialogue:
Taxi man: please do u know any native doctor in IKIRE?
Me: why do you ask?
Woman: I am coming from kano, my boss kicked the bucket and we servants packed his property (some packed his golds, some house and land document but she went into his room to carry his money but d issue is Dr is jazz on the money if we don't remove d jazz we won't b able to spend it
Taxi man: he knows one herbalist in Ibadan, we should all go so that we can share the money equally
Me: am not interested
2nd woman: why? Am also a passenger going to osogbo
Me: I am not interested ( in hard voice)
Taxi man: stopped d car and asked me to drop, immediately he turned ( I guess to go look for who to scam)

My daddy said anything that taste sweet without stress is not worth believing and that's d more reason I don't date guys cos they are rich(jobless) so that I won't b used for ritual

What an experience...... lol,not all Reich guys are scammers oo
Re: How My Aunty Lost About 200k To Scammers by adinoyiM(m): 5:29am On Feb 07, 2017
Spacko007:
Something like dis almost happened to me last year in kwara state along post office, some guys approached me looking for wonder kola and promised to pay me 15k, a guy just appeared from nowhere saying he know the place that I should follow them so they would give me 15k. But as a correct Muslim guy I was already doing quranic invocations. I don't know what happened I just turned back never look back.

correct man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hoodlums Loot Truck Load Of Coca-Cola Products In Edo State / Men Brutalize Their kids With Hot Iron, Plank (graphic Pics) / Ikorodu Schoolgirls’ Abductor Arrested In Ogun While Making Love (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.