Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,769 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:18 PM

Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project (11382 Views)

Dangote's Deep-sea Pipeline project exposes the Lagos crude oil fraud / Nigeria, Morocco Sign Agreement On Regional Gas Pipeline / Shell Relocates Gas Pipeline Across Kolo Creek Underneath River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by zakim(m): 12:23am On Dec 04, 2016
Nigeria and Morocco on Saturday signed a bilateral agreement on the promotion of a regional gas pipeline project that will connect Nigeria and Morocco's gas resources as well as those of other West African nations to foster regional economic integration.

Nigerian Minister of Foreign Affairs Geoffrey Onyema disclosed this in a communiqué presented to the visiting Moroccan King President Mohammed VI and President Muhammadu Buhari at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja.

The minister stated that the gas pipeline project would accelerate energy and electrification projects across the affected member countries.

He said the pipeline project would be designed with the participation of all stakeholders to create a competitive regional electricity market with a potential to be connected to the European energy markets.

Meanwhile, Nigeria and the Kingdom of Morocco have signed a total of 21 bilateral agreements; seven on Friday and 14, yesterday.

The agreements were signed at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja during the three-visit of the King of Morocco, Mohammed VI.

They included an agreement between OCP Group and Dangote Group to develop fertiliser business in Nigeria as well as agreements on strengthening the local blending capabilities and agriculture eco-system, visa exemption for diplomatic and official service passports.

Others were the Bilateral Air Service Agreement, marine fisheries cooperation; agriculture, energy, manufacturing, agro-business, fertilisers as well as stimulation of the local transformation of widely available natural resources.

“It is expected that multiple project opportunities will arise for industrial operators and financial capital by fostering deeper economic integration grounded on positive externalities, sustainable synergies and inclusive approaches

“This South-South open platform will accelerate the structural transformation of the national economies of the region, thereby putting the entire region on a higher growth path.

“The two heads of State agreed to set up a Bilateral Coordination Body to monitor this important project and commended such a strategic Cooperation in Africa,’’ the minister said.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/nigeria-morocco-seal-deal-on-gas-pipeline-project/174401.html#CcRDMQp9PoH60beS.99

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by EYIBLESSN(m): 12:38am On Dec 04, 2016
Hmmmmm. A welcome development.

Hope there are not tonical undertones tones to the business.

But why are Islamic countries prefers doing profitable or non profitable businesses with us??

This is just a question

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Atiku2019: 2:58am On Dec 04, 2016
Another kind of Russia Pipeline?
Well
I Stand With Tinubu smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

#Atiku2019

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Blue3k(m): 3:05am On Dec 04, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

But why are Islamic countries prefers doing profitable or non profitable businesses with us??

This is just a question

They need energy like everyone else. If you look at their trade data it might explain the economics. The geopolitical aspect your asking about I don't know. Morocco 2014 Petroleum Gas Import Value $2.21B.

Source:
http://atlas.media.mit.edu/en/profile/country/mar/#Imports

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Nobody: 7:12am On Dec 04, 2016
Nigerians forget easily, pls what exactly did nigeria signed with chinawhat has happened ever since they signed?? Everyday sign sign! Now your happy... What can nigeria really get from moroco?

26 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by abumeinben(m): 8:48am On Dec 04, 2016
Laff

Science has it that to solve a problem, you need to know the cause of the problem. A soar throat can trigger headache. If you keep taking panadol for the headache, your soar throat will eventually render you dumb.

What is the cause of pipelines vandalization? Has it been addressed?

I'm sure these pipelines would route through the northern deserts, what is the measure on ground to tame the ever resurrecting, technically defeated bokoharam?

I'm no pessimist, it's a welcome development.

However, I feel domestic issues be addressed prior to inviting neighbors into your home.

13 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Nobody: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2016
This is certainly a good move, especially to northern Nigeria. I hope we have alot to gain in the balance of trade

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 04, 2016
Why is it to easy to pipe our Gas to foreign countries yet we can not pipe the gas to our homes. We have more gas consumers in Nigeria than Morrocco.

16 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Godprotectigbo2(f): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2016
grin grin grin. grin
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by jeeqaa7(m): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2016
islamisation in progress.... please disturb

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by segebase(m): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2016
NDA bombin loadin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Earth2Metahuman: 8:54am On Dec 04, 2016
So many nonsense signing

No result.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Olu317(m): 8:54am On Dec 04, 2016
EYIBLESSN:

This is just a question
....In fact it's true that Mr. president got it all wrong. How can Nigeria government be signing project with a country that kept begging Western world to patronize their country in a way to bring development and wealth creation. This is absolutely astonishing. THIS SUNNI alliance against the SHIITES won't last. President Buhari, need to sit up and do the right thing instead of paper signing with no certainty of anything concrete to come out of it. Political Detainees ought to FREED and have access to fair TRIAL. A Babylonian country(NIGERIA) must not go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by abumeinben(m): 8:57am On Dec 04, 2016
johnpowers:
i feel u

Na so
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Princedapace(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2016
gocac:
Nigerians forget easily, pls what exactly did nigeria signed with chinawhat has happened ever since they signed?? Everyday sign sign! Now your happy... What can nigeria really get from moroco?

Your last question is why I'm replying u! Maybe becus u feel Morocco is an African country.. Babe...that country has gone far in many fields.. European countries sign deals with them..in solar technology...agriculture and marine technology...morocco is world class..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by OnichaIgbo(m): 8:58am On Dec 04, 2016
Buhari and pipeline self.
Who else is noticing this: "Muslims na eji Aka Abuo Azo ihe onye ozo world wide"

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by xnsandrxns: 9:01am On Dec 04, 2016
Let's see what we can make out of this
Signings everytime
Nothing to show for it
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Mrsugoeb60: 9:04am On Dec 04, 2016
Good
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by mengho(m): 9:07am On Dec 04, 2016
Lets put it dis way, If GEJ problem is setting up committees up & down dat achieve little to nothing during his tenure.
Then PMBs problem might be just signing MOU, bilateral agreements with little or nothing to show for it, but I might be wrong since his tenure hasn't ended yet cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by waternogetenemy: 9:30am On Dec 04, 2016
I hope dey are planning to utilise the Gas in the Gas Rich Northern Nigeria. This muslims no dey hear word sef... Dem too like trouble.

They are signing agreement mentioning other Afrian countries in their absences, like those african countries have no interest of their own.

Those dayz are gone of colonialism, where one Albino will come and be forming God becos of lighter skin.

Africa is not the place 4 this type of project, we have not finish fighting.

First they must remove the colonial borders and all entities that have nothing in common go their separate ways, before we can embark on such project successfully.

Just look at the dunce called Buhari using SS/SE resources to make friend with that Moroccan idiot. King my foot, Saharawi people must be freed from Morocco and Biafra must be freed from Nigeria, then we are making progress.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Gerad223: 10:01am On Dec 04, 2016
Good deal for life
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 04, 2016
waternogetenemy:
I hope dey are planning to utilise the Gas in the Gas Rich Northern Nigeria. This muslims no dey hear word sef... Dem too like trouble.

They are signing agreement mentioning other Afrian countries in their absences, like those african countries have no interest of their own.

Those dayz are gone of colonialism, where one Albino will come and be forming God becos of lighter skin.

Africa is not the place 4 this type of project, we have not finish fighting.

First they must remove the colonial borders and all entities that have nothing in common go their separate ways, before we can embark on such project successfully.

Just look at the dunce called Buhari using SS/SE resources to make friend with that Moroccan idiot. King my foot, Saharawi people must be freed from Morocco and Biafra must be freed from Nigeria, then we are making progress.

May God bless you o. I thought i was the only one with the kind of thought... The way this guy is lavishing the resources in the SS/SE to promote Northern and muslim agenda is competely appaling

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by lomprico(m): 10:47am On Dec 04, 2016
Buhari and oil eh!
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by enyi1: 10:56am On Dec 04, 2016
Atiku2019:
Another kind of Russia Pipeline?

Well

I Stand With Tinubu smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

Must you always drag Atiku into every incident. Recycling business is just part of you and your obsession with Atiku is like, someone please help me with that picture..

#Atiku2019
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by youngice(m): 11:10am On Dec 04, 2016
Will it stop MDA from bombing the pipeline

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by kabman: 11:23am On Dec 04, 2016
If its connected to Europe,putin will blow it up

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by mustymatic(m): 11:25am On Dec 04, 2016
God bless Nigeria, some people will not like this

1 Like

Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by EYIBLESSN(m): 1:44pm On Dec 04, 2016
Olu317:
....In fact it's true that Mr. president got it all wrong. How can Nigeria government be signing project with a country that kept begging Western world to patronize their country in a way to bring development and wealth creation. This is absolutely astonishing. THIS SUNNI alliance against the SHIITES won't last. President Buhari, need to sit up and do the right thing instead of paper signing with no certainty of anything concrete to come out of it. Political Detainees ought to FREED and have access to fair TRIAL. A Babylonian country(NIGERIA) must not go unpunished.

The Other time they went for Islamic Banking.
Must religious stink in all we does?
Re: Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project by grownaira: 3:02pm On Dec 04, 2016
We pray for the best out of it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ijaw Youth Council Condemns Suspension Of CJN Onnoghen / Pictures From APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Gombe / Governor Chime Was Treated For Cancer Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.