Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,550 members, 7,837,106 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State (711 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Nigerians Are Right To Expect Miracles From Buhari - PDP Chief Sunny Onuesoke / North is right Nigeria need to divide,south give 30 to 50% oil money By Musiwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by jara: 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2009
1. You can not stay in one place and know what is going on all over Nigeria unless you read newspaper, watch TV and go on internet. But most people in Nigeria can not afford to while most people outside Nigeria can. So they are better informed than those at home.

2. The days of moving printing machines from one house to another running away from authorities are gone. Damaging info can not be printed in Nigeria, it can be printed and debated outside Nigeria and out of reach of the dictators.

3. To appreciate Nigeria, you have to compare it to other places. Smiling and suffering in Nigeria is not good enough. Those of you who are blaming Diasporans make up less than 10% of Nigerians who are rich and spend whatever money you make outside Nigeria or on products made outside Nigeria. What about 90% of Nigerians?

4. Diasporians send more money home to families than all of you care to spend on the same extended families. You only care about your nuclear families and live in places extended families can not reach you.

5. The amount of businesses created by Diasporians employ Nigerians in various fields. They build houses in Nigeria they do not live in. All the money you people at home make legally and illegally are saved and spent outside. All your businesses employ cronies and you loot the banks or treasury.

6. The dedicated Nigerians are the lower middle class that is disappearing and the poor who are exploited and have no where to go. Most others are oppressors who pay their workers low wages.

7. Good Nigerians at home struggle to change but most of the loud mouths here love the status quo and hate those who call for change. It is true, Nigeria is a failed State and Ghana has to come and preach to you. You remember them? Those you kicked out!

8. Diasporians will not stop until the poor man in Nigeria can afford three or two meals a day.

9. Diasporians are coming home in large numbers and making a difference. Nigeria belongs to us all and nobody is going to shut anyone up until the failed State become a Country for its people. It is THAT Country now, we must make it OURs.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by 2Legit2Qui: 7:19pm On Nov 10, 2009
hahahaha

Some kobo kobo are hard to spend, especially by junkies.

1.  You can not stay in one place and know what is going on all over Nigeria unless you read newspaper, watch TV and go on internet. But most people in Nigeria can not afford to while most people outside Nigeria can. So they are better informed than those at home.

Because they have no job and they sit on their computer all day, and when they have a job, they still spend the time writting jargons on NairaLand instead of doing the job they get paid for - they get third rated information and stale information passed to them and lo, they make big deal out of third rated information - i need them to scratch my butt hole.

2.  The days of moving printing machines from one house to another running away from authorities are gone. Damaging info can not be printed in Nigeria, it can be printed and debated outside Nigeria and out of reach of the dictators.

Can not be printed in Nigeria because it is all lies, if it is damaging and the truth, why wont it be printable in Nigeria? They now use the pages of the internet to write rubbish passed down from third rated sources, they cant show their face in Nigeria because they write jargons.

3.  To appreciate Nigeria, you have to compare it to other places. Smiling and suffering in Nigeria is not good enough. Those of you who are blaming Diasporans make up less than 10% of Nigerians who are rich and spend whatever money you make outside Nigeria or on products made outside Nigeria. What about 90% of Nigerians?

The 90% of Nigerians you are talking about no nothing about the diasporians, they hate the diasporians because to them, they have joined forces with the white man to the detriment of Nigeria, do you think an average Nigerian like the been tos? You are living in a fools paradise if you think Nigerians see the diasporians as the solution to their problems - they call them run away bastards.

4.  Diasporians send more money home to families than all of you care to spend on the same extended families. You only care about your nuclear families and live in places extended families can not reach you.

what is this one? You send money home to your family to feed them and that deserves a national award? Dont send money to them and see how dey will call you names, as if you didnt take their money to travel in the first instance? thats what you are paying back, you deserve no national award for that.

5.  The amount of businesses created by Diasporians employ Nigerians in various fields. They build houses in Nigeria they do not live in. All the money you people at home make legally and illegally are saved and spent outside. All your businesses employ cronies and you loot the banks or treasury.

Rubbish - they build houses? so the Nigerian who live in the hell hole, the jungle, the failed system dont make enough money to build more houses than built by diasporians? You are praising yourself for putting on your boxer short before your trouser, no point!

6.  The dedicated Nigerians are the lower middle class that is disappearing and the poor who are exploited and have no where to go. Most others are oppressors who pay their workers low wages.

[i][color=#990000]So?[/color][/i]

7.  Good Nigerians at home struggle to change but most of the loud mouths here love the status quo and hate those who call for change. It is true, Nigeria is a failed State and Ghana has to come and preach to you. You remember them? Those you kicked out!

Good diasporians beleive in the country Nigeria, pray for her success, wish her well and dont rant about war, failed system, this and that, they have a well meaning organisation to portray the name Nigeria better than the ones here on NairaLand do-

8.  Diasporians will not stop until the poor man in Nigeria can afford three or two meals a day.

Then come back to them, dont stay away and use the left hand to point to your father's house, my people call the people that do that, bastards.

9. Diasporians are coming home in large numbers and making a difference. Nigeria belongs to us all and nobody is going to shut anyone up until the failed State become a Country for its people. It is THAT Country now, we must make it OURs.

Coming because they have no choice, you contradict yourself, the system is failed, failing or it is a jungle, what are they coming to do?
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by yeswecan(m): 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
Whats the issue about diasporians, you guys should put out interesting topics
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by 2Legit2Qui: 7:49pm On Nov 10, 2009
because they destroy Nigeria by their actions, yet they come here to rant nonsense - do you know Nigeria is judged by the actions of these few who rape, kill, rob, fraudulent internationally? This is why i am not free to travel with my green passport, i will be humiliated and given the worst of treatment just because a few of them had destroyed the name Nigeria. It is not because of Nigerians back home, it is because of the ones the international community sees, isisnt it painful? yet, they come here to rant how bad Nigeria is.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by jara: 7:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
2legit,

Read the whole page before you answer because you make no sense at all.

"So"! Is that an answer? It shows how much you care. Greedy Nigerians hoping the system will stay the same so that he can exploit their people to death.

Who told you Diasporians are not coming home? They come home, send their money home and you envy them and want to eat, drink, wear and live like them. But you are too lazy to work hard so you have to loot and take the money outside of the Country.

Ole, akotileta who brags about going out for vacation and medical check ups instead of providing same where you live.

Which schools do you brag of sending your children? Overseas or some American or British schools in Nigeria. Go on, fool us that you care about Nigeria when your money and your heart are outside Nigeria - SHAME!

Those outside are praying to go home, akotileta are throwing every treasure Nigeria has outside. Tell us, who is pointing to his home with the left hand.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by 2Legit2Qui: 7:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
Jara

Your head wey be like snake wey dem don take cutlass match him head.

It is people like you who forged credentials to go abroad that makes the green passport an eyesore worldwide - everywhere i go worldwide, the Nigerian passport is subject to a whole lot of ridicule because of the actions of these people whole live and rob and rape and do all sort and they call themselve Nigerians- go on look in the mirror, you will see how it is a shame for you to come here to rant about Nigeria- idiot.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by jara: 8:15pm On Nov 10, 2009
2legit2?,

My broda, why now? Abeg no curse, face facts and reply with facts.

Your green passport to go where? If your Country sweet you so, why come out? I pity you o. You nor know where 419 start? Na one section for Nigerian law o, my broda.

No matter where you go, the whole world know where 419 letters come from. Those who are greedy enough have honored your invitation to Nigeria. All your politicians, and you must be one because you say na lie outside paper dey talk about how much una dey put Delta money for outside bank. Bank nor dey Nigeria?

Even bank for Nigeria, una loot am and put money outside. Wetin una dey find for outside with these green passports wey dey pain you so? Stay home!

Diasporians can not wait to come home if they are not there already. Please, please read my post again and respond to fact. A nor dey for curse o, my broda.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by dinggle: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
I talk am say dem don deny 2legit2quit visa, where u dey quit dey go??

Like say I get your names, I for go post am for all the embassies to ensure say dem no give u visa comot for Naija, as JARE talk since naija good wetin you dey find come here, enjoy naija make those of us here dey jealous, na d same passport wen dem spoil na him I take collect visa not too long, na people you when never know say any document u carry go embassy, embassy go make photocopy keep am for future reference, na him make dem no go tell u why dem refuse u, dem no wan make u go rectify d docs,  stay dere dey call white man mumu upon all the technology when dem don take produce wealth, d only technology when una take dey produce wealth for naija na ritual killing technology.

Stay dere oh, dey blame Nigerians abroad ur mates don carry dere girl friend head go make money abi u no see that igbo boy wen put him girl friend head for bucket??
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by 2Legit2Qui: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
@dingle

Craze dey exactly for your house. You dey make no sense.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by Liedetect: 9:47pm On Nov 10, 2009
Jara
It is true, Nigeria is a failed State and Ghana has to come and preach to you. You remember them? Those you kicked
out!

Nigerians must always bear in mind that many posters on here calling themselves Nigerians/ Diasporas are not Nigerians. There are many poor saps from many countries with axe to grind but can’t talk to Nigerians face to face. To these people, the net is godsend. They visit Nigerian boards or posts on blogs badmouthing Nigerians and yet want you to believe they are Nigerian. Do remember also that many African are living or have lived in Nigeria but now live in the west.  They use the forum to sow discord between Nigerians by pretending they are Nigerians but if you read what they write closely you’ll notice they make silly mistakes that reveal them to be impostors. Most time they talk rubbish because they know nothing or have unclear knowledge of the country and its people.  Sometimes you know them because they call themselves Nigerians/diasporas but come here crying louder than the bereaved of another country.

I keep going on but it is vital that Nigerians keep this in mind.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by donjon: 10:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
Posted on: Today at 07:49:39 PM
Posted by: 2Legit2Qui

Insert Quote

because they destroy Nigeria by their actions, yet they come here to rant nonsense - do you know Nigeria is judged by the actions of these few who rape, kill, rob, fraudulent internationally? This is why i am not free to travel with my green passport, i will be humiliated and given the worst of treatment just because a few of them had destroyed the name Nigeria. It is not because of Nigerians back home, it is because of the ones the international community sees, isisnt it painful? yet, they come here to rant how bad Nigeria is.

*gbam*
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by donjon: 10:31pm On Nov 10, 2009
Posted on: Today at 07:49:39 PM
Posted by: 2Legit2Qui

Insert Quote

*gbam*
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by redsun(m): 10:53pm On Nov 10, 2009
You guys live in fool's paradise.Africans abroad are judge by the state and condition of african.They see africans,including nigerians as stupid people that can not even cloth and feed their children in the 21st century talkless of being technically innovative.Sub-human state.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by naijamini(m): 2:50am On Nov 11, 2009
@2Legit2Qui

while jara's items may not be 100% correct there was no egregious commission or omission in his statements.

as for you I am forced to ask whether your reply is: 1) your true belief; 2) working for someone ?

Before you answer consider:

If you answer (2) then it is understandable where you are coming from, and that should be the end of it.
If you answer (1) then, 

2Legit2Qui:

hahahaha

Some kobo kobo are hard to spend, especially by junkies.

1.  You can not stay in one place and know what is going on all over Nigeria unless you read newspaper, watch TV and go on internet. But most people in Nigeria can not afford to while most people outside Nigeria can. So they are better informed than those at home.

Because they have no job and they sit on their computer all day, and when they have a job, they still spend the time writting jargons on NairaLand instead of doing the job they get paid for - they get third rated information and stale information passed to them and lo, they make big deal out of third rated information - i need them to scratch my butt hole.

2.  The days of moving printing machines from one house to another running away from authorities are gone. Damaging info can not be printed in Nigeria, it can be printed and debated outside Nigeria and out of reach of the dictators.

Can not be printed in Nigeria because it is all lies, if it is damaging and the truth, why wont it be printable in Nigeria? They now use the pages of the internet to write rubbish passed down from third rated sources, they cant show their face in Nigeria because they write jargons.

3.  To appreciate Nigeria, you have to compare it to other places. Smiling and suffering in Nigeria is not good enough. Those of you who are blaming Diasporans make up less than 10% of Nigerians who are rich and spend whatever money you make outside Nigeria or on products made outside Nigeria. What about 90% of Nigerians?

The 90% of Nigerians you are talking about no nothing about the diasporians, they hate the diasporians because to them, they have joined forces with the white man to the detriment of Nigeria, do you think an average Nigerian like the been tos? You are living in a fools paradise if you think Nigerians see the diasporians as the solution to their problems - they call them run away bastards.

4.  Diasporians send more money home to families than all of you care to spend on the same extended families. You only care about your nuclear families and live in places extended families can not reach you.

what is this one? You send money home to your family to feed them and that deserves a national award? Dont send money to them and see how dey will call you names, as if you didnt take their money to travel in the first instance? thats what you are paying back, you deserve no national award for that.

5.  The amount of businesses created by Diasporians employ Nigerians in various fields. They build houses in Nigeria they do not live in. All the money you people at home make legally and illegally are saved and spent outside. All your businesses employ cronies and you loot the banks or treasury.

Rubbish - they build houses? so the Nigerian who live in the hell hole, the jungle, the failed system dont make enough money to build more houses than built by diasporians? You are praising yourself for putting on your boxer short before your trouser, no point!

6.  The dedicated Nigerians are the lower middle class that is disappearing and the poor who are exploited and have no where to go. Most others are oppressors who pay their workers low wages.

[i][color=#990000]So?[/color][/i]

7.  Good Nigerians at home struggle to change but most of the loud mouths here love the status quo and hate those who call for change. It is true, Nigeria is a failed State and Ghana has to come and preach to you. You remember them? Those you kicked out!

Good diasporians beleive in the country Nigeria, pray for her success, wish her well and dont rant about war, failed system, this and that, they have a well meaning organisation to portray the name Nigeria better than the ones here on NairaLand do-

8.  Diasporians will not stop until the poor man in Nigeria can afford three or two meals a day.

Then come back to them, dont stay away and use the left hand to point to your father's house, my people call the people that do that, bastards.

Coming because they have no choice, you contradict yourself, the system is failed, failing or it is a jungle, what are they coming to do?

Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by udezue(m): 2:58am On Nov 11, 2009
Jara,
PREACH
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by naijaway(m): 3:12am On Nov 11, 2009
Currently, Nigeria is a failed state and might continue on that path because majority see nothing wrong. People talk big but dats dat talking big. If the effort involves sacrifice and dedication they quit. People just like to be called Oga all the time. No goods functioning system. I travel to and fro, and believe me, many who are supposedly making it, are doing so by very shady ways at the expense of their communties and nation. but efizy, knows no bounds i guess. If you are going to eurpe, asia, or middle east, there's no need to carry luggage upon luggage, but if you are going to nigeria and based somewhere else, is like a must because of the dire situation there and if you happen to like going out.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 11, 2009
Diasporians my arse,,are they not nigerians, ,they continue to rubbish the country as if the britikos will come and repair it for us.,these so called "NIDO" go abroad to rubbish nigeria image,,they commit all sorts of crime and when they are about to be killed in libya,saudi or china,then they will remember they have a failed country called nigeria,,they are nothin but dopers,prostitutes,fraudsters,babysitter,only a few had geniue and reasonable job over there.
When the economic meltdown started,americans and other europeans abroad pulled out funds from their operating country to support their govt.,how many nigeria diasporian contributed to the well-being of the nation.,they should just continue their whiteman ass-kissing and leave us here to our faith
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by Afam(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Diasporians my arse,,are they not nigerians, ,they continue to rubbish the country as if the britikos will come and repair it for us.,these so called "NIDO" go abroad to rubbish nigeria image,,they commit all sorts of crime and when they are about to be killed in libya,saudi or china,then they will remember they have a failed country called nigeria,,they are nothin but dopers,prostitutes,fraudsters,babysitter,only a few had geniue and reasonable job over there.
When the economic meltdown started,americans and other europeans abroad pulled out funds from their operating country to support their govt.,how many nigeria diasporian contributed to the well-being of the nation.,they should just continue their whiteman ass-kissing and leave us here to our faith

Well stated.

It seems some of them use the name calling to ease their frustrations and though understandable is very wrong.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by Kobojunkie: 12:31pm On Nov 11, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Dude, you may  need to send this to your representatives. They are working on creating a SPECIAL database for those in diaspora. The last thing you want is for special treatment to go them oo,  And make sure Dora the Explorer Akunyili gets a copy of it too!!!  HER GREAT Nigerian People are the guilty for the IMAGE of Nigeria both at home and abroad!  grin

By the way,  I love the piece in bold !!!
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by redsun(m): 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2009
In the eyes of the world,africans are are collectively seen as one not individually.The abject poverty,misery and backwardness of majority in africa is a shame to rational few well of.

We are crying out for you people to get a glimpse of the miseries so that you can become angry and reject it.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by redsun(m): 1:52pm On Nov 11, 2009
Nobody is feeling hype dissing you because you are not in the league.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by jara: 3:41pm On Nov 11, 2009
Are these AKOTILETA Or Diasporians?

Money laundering: Nigeria tops GIABA’s evaluation report list
National NewsNov 11, 2009
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

ABUJA — Director-General of the Inter-governmental Action Group Against Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing in West Africa (GIABA), Dr Abdullahi Shehu, yesterday in Abuja disclosed that Nigeria came top on the list of countries that has failed to comply with anti-money laundering standards as set out by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS).

Shehu who stated this at the anti-corruption and Financial Crimes Summit that ended in Abuja yesterday, further said among 12 West African countries that were subjected to a mutual evaluation programme by GIABA, Nigeria was found wanting in the area of terrorist financing in Africa.

GIABA is a specialised agency under ECOWAS that monitors cases of money laundering and terrorist financing among member states as well as deals with predicate offences like fraud, corruption, drug trafficking and other economically motivated crimes.

Recommending that the Federal Government evolve strategies towards encouraging alternative means of transaction by public officers in the country, he equally advocated the speedy implementation of non-conviction based asset forfeiture and stolen state asset recovery initiative, which he said would help to combat corruption and financial crimes in Nigeria.

He further bemoaned the fact that public officers in the country prefer to stash their stolen money abroad instead of re-investing it in the country, stressing that though his agency will offer technical assistance to Nigeria, it could not go the extra mile of recovering such stolen assets for it.

According to him, “Nigeria no doubt is a great nation with great resources, but the truth remains that this country today ranks high among countries with prevalent cases of money laundering in the world, considering the mutual evaluation report recently released by GIABA.

“I don’t think that absence of policy framework is the issue, rather the problem I think lies in the absence of strong political will by public officers in this country.
“The EFCC cannot be said to have done enough until it not only prosecute all the political criminals in this country irrespective of their status, but also prove that the money recovered from them was directed towards economic empowerment.

“GIABA cannot recover stolen assets for Nigeria, we can only help to prevent the spillage of such asset and we are recommending that more emphasis be placed on commiserate punishment for offenders despite their status in the society.
Re: Diasporians Are Right Nigeria Is A Failed State by jara: 4:03pm On Nov 11, 2009
I guess all the pensioners and retirees dying before collecting their money are Diasporians, abi no be so?

All those who hijack workers' salaries are Diasporians, no be so?

Most of you, certainly not all, are agents of looters who wants to divide us and dehumanize us so that they can keep the status quo.

All they cry about is that they can not launder their loot because of green passport. Stay there in Nigeria and rot in your rut so that poor people can breath for a change.

Nothing will stop Diasporians for fighting to come back home to their fatherland they love so much. People want to come to a better home, they want to run out with green passport and launder money.

Their children can not even speak any Nigerian languages, na soso American and British schools them dey go. While children who have never been to Nigeria because of these looters speak and sing in Nigeria languages. Ask their children what is his name in Ibibio,"oh my parents do not speak Yoruba to me".  SHAME!

Nigerians are crossing the desert just to get three meals a day and we are rejected by countries we used to feed and nurture in Africa, yet these vultures can talk.

God punish una!

By the way, many Nigerians are doing fine but it is not enough without our home. As for those struggling, that is your shame. But they can still eat, drink and send their children to good schools including Nigeria culture schools, which they could not in Nigeria.

Na God go punish una. Na retirees and pensioners living in Nigeria, curse una no be me o.

(1) (Reply)

This Makes Me Sad And Mad After Reading This.why Are Africans Such Pieces Of Ish / Yar'adua’s Return Put Off Indefinitely, Medical Evacuation To Germany. . . / Nnamdi Uba Plans With Obj And Iwu To Hold Anambra Hostage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.