Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site (937 Views)

Indians Are Trying To Hack My Facebook Group, PLEASE HELP / My Wordpress Site Showing This Error, What Will I Do? / Wordpress Site And Naija Adsense For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by tgmservice: 7:30am On Dec 04, 2016
So i just built this cool wordpress site for a client. And installed some all necessary stuffs.
I installed this secuirity plugin that lets me know by mail if someone is trying to login into my site.
The thing is that there is the particular ip address from ukriane that has always been trying the acess my wp-admin.
I have installed a plugin that enables change the www.mysite.com/wp-admin url but i still keep geting those notifications, though he keeps failing the login attempt.
I think its a matter of time before he succeds cause he his too persistent i need your help on how to stop this please
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by Afam4eva(m): 7:46am On Dec 04, 2016
Why not blacklist the IP address.

1 Like

Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by D34lw4p(m): 9:03am On Dec 04, 2016
Use a more stronger password. UpperCase, lowerCase and special characters. You should also consider blacklisting the ip address the attack is coming from.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by yomalex(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
tgmservice:
So i just built this cool wordpress site for a client. And installed some all necessary stuffs.
I installed this secuirity plugin that lets me know by mail if someone is trying to login into my site.
The thing is that there is the particular ip address from ukriane that has always been trying the acess my wp-admin.
I have installed a plugin that enables change the www.mysite.com/wp-admin url but i still keep geting those notifications, though he keeps failing the login attempt.
I think its a matter of time before he succeds cause he his too persistent i need your help on how to stop this please
install wordfence

1 Like

Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by Onyejemechimere(m): 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2016
you just said what i wanted to say, op install wordfence and go to settings and limit login attempts, so that once he fails to get the password he will be blocked from acessing your site for 60 days
yomalex:
install wordfence

1 Like

Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by tgmservice: 7:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
Afam4eva:
Why not blacklist the IP address.
thanks how do i blacklist it besides its dynamic IP it changes
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by iamademike: 11:57pm On Dec 04, 2016
tgmservice:
thanks how do i blacklist it besides its dynamic IP it changes

you have gotten your answer except if the security plugin you mentioned is actually wordfence,

Onyejemechimere:
you just said what i wanted to say, op install wordfence and go to settings and limit login attempts, so that once he fails to get the password he will be blocked from acessing your site for 60 days

D34lw4p:
Use a more stronger password. UpperCase, lowerCase and special characters. You should also consider blacklisting the ip address the attack is coming from.

then it could be from any of the plugins you installed on the site or even the theme you are using, so check if they are still being supported and updated. but dont panic
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by warrenweste(m): 12:32am On Dec 05, 2016
oh so some themes are dangerous like that? shocked pls can u specify which theme and plugin to avoid and is it wordpress security or assistance? thnks
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by iamademike: 1:30am On Dec 05, 2016
warrenweste:
oh so some themes are dangerous like that? shocked pls can u specify which theme and plugin to avoid and is it wordpress security or assistance? thnks

Yes, themes and plugins and even the wordpress core that have not been updated will have vulnerabilities that can be taken advantage of.

I cant specify, just make sure you update your wordpress core files, and any theme or plugin you are using. and use only themes and plugins that are regularly updated by the developer.

you can check the link below to see the themes and plugins with vulnerabilities for the month of November.

http://www.ademike.com/blog/november-wordpress-vulnerabilities-roundup/
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by warrenweste(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
iamademike:

Yes, themes and plugins and even the wordpress core that have not been updated will have vulnerabilities that can be taken advantage of.

I cant specify, just make sure you update your wordpress core files, and any theme or plugin you are using. and use only themes and plugins that are regularly updated by the developer.

you can check the link below to see the themes and plugins with vulnerabilities for the month of November.

http://www.ademike.com/blog/november-wordpress-vulnerabilities-roundup/
Ok thanks, what's the name of that your theme?
Re: Help Someone Is Trying To Hack My Wordpress Site by iamademike: 12:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
warrenweste:

Ok thanks, what's the name of that your theme?

Enfold

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Helping Hand On My Website / How To Add Date And Time On Your Website / After Designing A Static Website From Scratch, How Do I Add CMS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.