Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,276 members, 7,839,379 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) (57072 Views)

Nwankwo Kanu Celebrates His 44th Birthday Today / Thierry Henry: How I Benched Nwankwo Kanu At Arsenal / Jay-Jay Okocha And Nwankwo Kanu In A Group Photo With World Football Greats (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
saint7000:

Afonjor.

Guy, drop this tribal crap. Stupidity can come from anywhere, some of us can be sometimes stupid and say unbelievable things, and this is not restricted to any tribe. Remember, the heart of man is desperately wicked and man can be from anywhere. This world is deep, God help us.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 2:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
DedeNkem:
This guy is still pamming his hair like a kid in the 80s!

Hahaha, but na normal hair now. No be say na jerry curl like woman own..Moreover, in my mind, Kanu does not look older than all those his Arsenal, Man U, etc contemporaries who are now 42-46..If some people say he is 65, then he must have fantastic genes..
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by madjune(m): 2:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
How many times this guy go bury his mother?

Thought it was in the news years ago that his mother died...
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by jossy4joseph(m): 3:01pm On Dec 04, 2016
Rest in Peace Mama. Take heart papilo
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by CJAYFORTUNE: 3:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
May her gentle soul rest in peace...safe journey Mama.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by AreaFada2: 3:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP Mama Papilo.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by berrystunn(m): 3:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
baum1:

Which kind old man? Bros Kanu dey rock. Nothing bad if him hair plenty..Abi you want am to be like those old baba with gorimapa and big tummy? Nah, e go tay before Kanu be like that, maybe 30 years time...Person wey still dey train pieces and he go even dey fit pass you and me and many people for this our generation..

Go and check x players in his level abroad,
How clear and classic they look.

Na small small boy style of guy be that.. At his age and responsibilities
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by Ibrahimhenry: 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
You think he is like you.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 3:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
berrystunn:

Go and check x players in his level abroad,
How clear and classic they look.

Na small small boy style of guy be that.. At his age and responsibilities

I don't see anything less 'classic' in Oga Kanu. Anyway, people have different views which must be respected.. You don't have to agree with his style anyway, no be by must. But people have different moral compasses. He owes no one an apology for his style. In my eyes, he does not look obnoxious..Very fit man indeed.

Great man that has taken on lots of responsibilities as you have stated.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by brightballer(m): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
baum1:

What happens if God purposely makes your sons academic geniuses of oxford, harvard, cambridge standards but average footballers, would you still force them to play footballer? Let's hear your answers...

All these my sons and daughters must do A and B were the mistakes some of our parents made that landed some people in our generation in the big mess they are today. In our days, it was - my son must go school and get big grades and do nothing else, even if the son obviously has other talents like sports etc...In our generation, it is that my son must play football, daughter must be serena williams, etc, even if the son or daughter is exceptionally intelligent and will do much better by actually reaching their best academic potentials..

We have to be careful so that we don't unknowingly make the mistakes of the previous generation in the opposite sense.
Bro, it is a family thing. My dad played football but not as a professional. My uncle did well too. My two brothers are exceptional until the same system choked up. I play good football, no doubt.
The civilized world teach their kids football. We are born with it here and only need small teachings and the rest is history.
I don't want my son to be an academic giant. He, and if more than one, will play professional football.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by berrystunn(m): 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
baum1:

I don't see anything less 'classic' in Oga Kanu. Anyway, people have different views which must be respected.. You don't have to agree with his style anyway, no be by must. But people have different moral compasses. He owes no one an apology for his style. In my eyes, he does not look obnoxious..Very fit man indeed.

Great man that has taken on lots of responsibilities as you have stated.

He looks unkempt... Too old for that.
Maybe a president should look like that, we should aslo have a different view because he owes no body apology
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 4:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
berrystunn:

He looks unkempt... Too old for that.
Maybe a president should look like that, we should aslo have a different view because he owes no body apology

Haha, you can bend the discussion the way it suits you, and suit yourself and your argument in the process. After all, it's your view. Bask in the Euphoria. We will be here laughing at whatever is funny about it.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
brightballer:

Bro, it is a family thing. My dad played football but not as a professional. My uncle did well too. My two brothers are exceptional until the same system choked up. I play good football, no doubt.
The civilized world teach their kids football. We are born with it here and only need small teachings and the rest is history.
I don't want my son to be an academic giant. He, and if more than one, will play professional football.

Okay, you are making sense, so let me engage you further..

It takes 2 people to donate genes to a child or children..See this plausible perspective -- What happens if your wife's genes are weakly athletic and strongly academic and her genes dominate yours in all of your male children, so that your male kids only have strong academic prowess that would make them become intellectual giants but weak or at best average sporting skills that make them be unfit for world class level football? Would you still push them to play football alone, knowing or suspecting that they are unlikely to make it to the level of football that you are imagining? I believe you know these are different scenarios that are plausible, we are not saying your kids can't make world class level.

I await your answer again....

And no, I do not agree that the civilized world teach their kids football. You are looking at the civilized world from a very restricted perspective, to be frank with you. I know it's your passion for football that is biasing your views ---and we all can be prone to this. Although I agree that there are more soccer/football fans in the world than any other individual sport..

This your argument about football running in a family, I had it too. I was not a bad defender and goalkeeper in my days, between 14-20, my elder brother was a very nice midfielder and our eldest brother was one of the best football enthusiasts that can be found around, active in football analysis since 1990 or 1986...Although it will gladden my heart if my kids play football and get to the highest levels, but even with all these, I still give room for the possibility that the kids may be better at academics than in football. The world is not straight. I know very many talented footballers in the area I grew up who focused on football and disregarded other things. Many of them eventually ruined themselves unfortunately because football did not work for them. The same story I hear and read about happening in the UK. Open-mindedness is important and that is what I have learnt to do in this issue.. There is something else I want to say about man city, but let me read your response first.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by moshino(m): 4:59pm On Dec 04, 2016
askjohnprosper:
He should have buried her in Owerri. why take her to Arochukwu na? Na only when death come Arochukwu comes to mind? when his Popsy died, they nearly uprooted people houses with bulldozers. Is high time Aros start knowing what to do during life. It is not a burial ground or cemetery. RIP Mum.

When your own mother and father dies, you can bury them wherever you like, leave Kanu and his family to bury their parents in peace wherever they want. Face your own life!

1 Like

Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by Afolak(m): 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
I remember that peak Advert ''Papillo! One day I know say you go make us proud''.I hope the mother benefitted from his success before Her demise.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
moshino:

When your own mother and father dies, you can bury them wherever you like, leave Kanu and his family to bury their parents in peace wherever they want. Face your own life!

I bow for people....People have got opinions in this world, lol..Even on issues that directly concern other people only...

To be frank, I was like this, like many other Nigerians..I only changed and started minding my business just few years ago. God showed me the light on how to mind my business and face my life as you said. May the Lord open people's eyes..Some of us can really meddle!
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by brightballer(m): 5:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
baum1:

Okay, you are making sense, so let me engage you further..

It takes 2 people to donate genes to a child or children..See this plausible perspective -- What happens if your wife's genes are weakly athletic and strongly academic and her genes dominate yours in all of your male children, so that your male kids only have strong academic prowess that would make them become intellectual giants but weak or at best average sporting skills that make them be unfit for world class level football? Would you still push them to play football alone, knowing or suspecting that they are unlikely to make it to the level of football that you are imagining? I believe you know these are different scenarios that are plausible, we are not saying your kids can't make world class level.

I await your answer again....

And no, I do not agree that the civilized world teach their kids football. You are looking at the civilized world from a very restricted perspective, to be frank with you. I know it's your passion for football that is biasing your views ---and we all can be prone to this. Although I agree that there are more soccer/football fans in the world than any other individual sport..

This your argument about football running in a family, I had it too. I was not a bad defender and goalkeeper in my days, between 14-20, my elder brother was a very nice midfielder and our eldest brother was one of the best football enthusiasts that can be found around, active in football analysis since 1990 or 1986...Although it will gladden my heart if my kids play football and get to the highest levels, but even with all these, I still give room for the possibility that the kids may be better at academics than in football. The world is not straight. I know very many talented footballers in the area I grew up who focused on football and disregarded other things. Many of them eventually ruined themselves unfortunately because football did not work for them. The same story I hear and read about happening in the UK. Open-mindedness is important and that is what I have learnt to do in this issue.. There is something else I want to say about man city, but let me read your response first.
Good position there. Where do I even start from?
Okay. I plan to marry an athletic lady. She doesn't have to be necessarily a footballer or a sprinter. She just have to engage in physical or light sporting activities.
When I wrote the civilized world teaches their kids football, I expected you to know what I meant. There are thousands of football academies scattered across England. Check out their products. Even an average youngster is drilled and molded into a better footballer. How much more a talented African kid in a British or Spanish football academy!

And bros, if my kids geh my kind of brain join dem mama own, e go too make sense. These days, brilliant and very intelligent footballers make it more even after their playing careers with many moving into coaching, football management and all other sports-related, money-spinning ventures.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by Edetedu5(m): 5:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
May God give KANU the fortitute to bear the loss
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by Oyvic82: 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by hels(f): 5:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
debbie:
Rip mama nnukwu...ezigbo adamazi. A woman that stood for unity in inyom aro. Kanu i hope u and u r brothers and sister will learn from your mum.

And as for the so called aro sons and daughters who have refused to develop their town. I don't want to call names but they are out there .I say shame to you. The past leader and ndi ochie that made aro what it is today have all gone.while the whole aro community is blessed with great pple i am yet to see any use and benefit .

God bless aro okigbo both home and abroad
u b confirm aro blood. I represent adamazi of obinkita village
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 5:56pm On Dec 04, 2016
brightballer:

Good position there. Where do I even start from?
Okay. I plan to marry an athletic lady. She doesn't have to be necessarily a footballer or a sprinter. She just have to engage in physical or light sporting activities.
When I wrote the civilized world teaches their kids football, I expected you to know what I meant. There are thousands of football academies scattered across England. Check out their products. Even an average youngster is drilled and molded into a better footballer. How much more a talented African kid in a British or Spanish football aca[b]demy!

And bros, if my kids geh my kind of brain join dem mama own, e go too make sense. These days, brilliant and very intelligent footballers make it more even after their playing careers with many moving into coaching, football management and all other sports-related, money-spinning ventures. [/b]

Okay, I was expecting you to say something about getting a lady with some athleticism. That's cool.

I agree with your last sentence that both can be combined, that is cerebral capacity and footballing prowess. This is why I disagree with those who push football and relegate quality education. From what I see, it is possible to have star footballer kids who retire at 35, acquire top notch education even up to PhD level by 43, and move into any career of their choice, including football.

No, I can't decode what is not implied by the 'civilised world' in your post. It's open ended and can mean anything. Now that you are intelligently stated what you meant, it makes better sense.

Ha bro, very, very, very few average youngsters make it to pro level. I repeat, very very very very very few...The players you see playing in the premier league, whom you refer to as average, were actually some of the very best in their sets...A number of Academies in the UK and France that I know of, they make a mess of averagely talented kids at academies and release them to the world without any hope. If you know the amount of African and even Oyinbo teens and early 20's roaming the streets in France and the UK, with failed football dreams, it's not great..There are several reports on this on the internet. It's very hard life...Of those academies, only the very very very few of the kids make it to the next level. Football, as you know, it is hard to break into the top. As it happens in Naija, the same can be said elsewhere, although at varying degrees..Nowhere guarantees any promise.

Meanwhile, my friend's nephew was playing Sunday football and didn't know that Man City Academy scout was watching him..Just 2 months ago, to the amazement of his mother and everybody, the scout recommended him to the academy. He was tried and found very good and has now been signed by Man City Academy....Of course, I am sure you know that there are hundreds of other kids looking for the same chance..These academies are very hard to enter. Even Eto's son does not play for the top name academies, though he is very talented like his father and has been doing great things.

In general, only 1% or so, I've forgotten the statistics, will eventually make it to a good level in football. Whenever I think of the excellent players who didn't make it, I marvel. The only player I know that made it to some extent in the circle of people I knew in the late 1990's and early 2000's is Yusuf Ayila. I'm sure you have heard about him. He played for Super Eagles and one Ukrainian club like that. The rest, no show..

Anyway sha, I like your belief. Hopefully, this will work for you. My point is just for you to see things from a much wider perspective.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by DedeNkem: 7:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
baum1:

Hahaha, but na normal hair now. No be say na jerry curl like woman own..Moreover, in my mind, Kanu does not look older than all those his Arsenal, Man U, etc contemporaries who are now 42-46..If some people say he is 65, then he must have fantastic genes..

He's 40yrs and should act like an adult.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by baum1: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
DedeNkem:

He's 40yrs and should act like an adult.

Bro, abeg I don tire to discuss this Kanu matter.

Enjoy!
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by kingsass: 8:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
RIP.......Just realised that KANU Na baba surname grin
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by delishpot: 9:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
This one Na celebration of life o. She enjoy the harvest of her hard labour well well.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by debbie(f): 9:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
hels:
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by excel4us: 9:50pm On Dec 04, 2016
godlovesyou77:
Does it mean that kanu has no scandal? I ve never read anything bad about him. Can someone visit his village to ask the gods if he committed some sins b4 becoming a legend
bad belle
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by gentlegiant95: 10:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
mightyhazell:
I never seen anybody from outside of abia state bearing kanu/kalu!
people from northern cross river also bear kanu e.g kanu agabi SAN
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by VEIL1234: 11:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Wrong! I am Mrs Kanu married to the Kanu family in Nenwe Aninri LGA of Enugu state. I also had a school mate who bears Kanu and is from Imo state. This is not 100% correct. I can agree that most of them are from Abia though...
kettle84:
anybody who bears KANU or kalu is from Abia state.
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by hardbody: 5:49am On Dec 05, 2016
Dahkogrin007:

Wot if d mother is frm Abia and d father ain't frm Abia..... Just saying

We are not dragging him, he is from Amannagwu. I have no reason to join issues with anyone on this. And his father really is a scion of the nde nta compound, there are amadis which in Yoruba equates to son of the soil....should I continue

I know because I should know
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by hardbody: 5:53am On Dec 05, 2016
hels:

Amannagwu ...here

Ndewo Adamazi

...Aro okeigbo. ....24th Dec loading.....
Re: Burial Of Susan Nwannediya Kanu. Nwankwo Kanu Buries His Mother (Pics) by SeanBeezy(m): 7:13am On Dec 05, 2016
askjohnprosper:
He should have buried her in Owerri. why take her to Arochukwu na? Na only when death come Arochukwu comes to mind? when his Popsy died, they nearly uprooted people houses with bulldozers. Is high time Aros start knowing what to do during life. It is not a burial ground or cemetery. RIP Mum.
As tradition demands, both husband and wife must be buried in the same place....but Kanu no dey try at all....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Israel Adesanya Meets Ronaldo (Video) / Emmanuel Adebayor Converts To Islam (video) / Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.