Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank (879 Views)

Heavy Police Presence In Abule Egba Following Reports Of Gunshots (Photos) / Ikorodu Cultists Behead Rivals In Parents’ Presence In Lagos / Badoo Member Caught & Beaten To Pulp By Mob In Police Presence In Ikorodu(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank by Tunchi101(m): 9:50am On Dec 04, 2016
Call me amebo, I don't care cause I'm still going to share! I can only hope lalasticlala helps me share this too sad
On that very faithful Wednesday morning, I was all dressed up with the fury of a dragon heading to Ecobank to close down my account. This was because every time I checked my account balance, noting less than 10naira was deducted and I was checking my account balance frequently that day on my phone hoping that Ecobank would have returned the 20,000 they removed from my account and have not returned it up to this point.
I sha got to the bank around 9 o'clock AM and I was in that banking hall till 1 o'clock pm because of the mammoth crowd and the tortoise attendance speed by the bankers.
After I withdrew my remaining money from that bank, I headed to the bank I wanted to open my new account with. On my way there( in that same vicinity), all of a sudden, I just saw one responsible and fresh woman grab a young man shouting ' e no go better for you', ' I must to collect my money here today o or somebody would not go home'. I died 7 times consecutively when the woman said ' GIVE ME MY 20 NAIRA CHANGE O' (Economy Things) . I just nodded my head in pity.
I then entered the bank where I wanted to open my new account. I was filling my new account form when a young lady came to meet the customer representative that was attending to me. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, this lady stepped on my feet; I then looked up to her expecting an apology. I wasn't that surprised when she didn't even utter a word because of the look she gave everyone in that bank ( the kindda look that would make you feel like you've got to make it up to her standards in no time). The next thing this lady said to the customer rep was and I quote 'Excuss sa, I won open an accountant in diss place'. I couldn't hold my laughter!
I was still filling that form when a young fresh guy with a school bag came to meet the bank official that was sitting next to the one attending to me. Here was how their conversation went.
Fresh Guy: I tried withdrawing 5million with my withdrawal slip but the woman said there was something wrong with my account. She said I should come up here.

Banker: Alright, can I have your account number.

Fresh Guy: 569669769696956995666665

All of a sudden, the look on that bank official face change; the Fresh Guy noticed the look and started running like someone who had became instantaneously mad! I still wasn't sure what was going on.

Banker: Hello, this is ABCDEF Bank, we just received a fraud alert of 50million naira from one of our customers account and the customer is on the run. Please send some officers down here
The fresh guy by some miracle got out of the banking hall, he even got out of the bank itself even with the 2 so called security men there.
Unknowingly to him, he was being followed by one of the bank officials. The fresh guy took a bike; the bank official did the same. I don't know how but the fresh guy later realized he was being followed.
Cutting the long story short, the fresh guy was apprehended by the bank official even after stabbing the bank official. The fresh guy was later brought in to the custody of the bank and was water handed over to the police.
Honestly, that day was like an action film I never watched!
Let me also use this opportunity to beg Ecobank to please refund the money they took from my account (4051025262) I've already mailed and called you guys like a thousand times!. Please the money is not mine and I'm too young to spend some nights in a police den. I'm sorry for banking with you guys. I won't make the mistake again!
Re: How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank by yomi007k(m): 9:58am On Dec 04, 2016
grin

Ecobank. The glorified microfinance bank.

So op, u dey like tell african magic but u no want mk police carry u seff.

Allow dem carry u, so dt ds film go get part 2. I get contact for 51 iweka road n idumota. We go mk money....lol
Re: How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank by HtwoOw: 10:00am On Dec 04, 2016
You be Gbeborun no he only amebo

That said your 20K debit is blessing in disguise
Re: How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank by Leopantro: 10:11am On Dec 04, 2016
I'm sorry for banking with you guys. I won't make the mistake again!

this just make my day.
have serious issues with First bank. I never use the account I have with them. I only get 2 text message from them every month.

1. Dear customer, your account has been credited with N5 being interest in your savings account.

this is immediately followed by

2. Dear customer, your account has been debited N20 for SMS alert charge for the month.
Re: How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank by Rhayour: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2016
Tunchi101:
Call me amebo, I don't care cause I'm still going to share! I can only hope lalasticlala helps me share this too sad
On that very faithful Wednesday morning, I was all dressed up with the fury of a dragon heading to Ecobank to close down my account. This was because every time I checked my account balance, noting less than 10naira was deducted and I was checking my account balance frequently that day on my phone hoping that Ecobank would have returned the 20,000 they removed from my account and have not returned it up to this point.
I sha got to the bank around 9 o'clock AM and I was in that banking hall till 1 o'clock pm because of the mammoth crowd and the tortoise attendance speed by the bankers.
After I withdrew my remaining money from that bank, I headed to the bank I wanted to open my new account with. On my way there( in that same vicinity), all of a sudden, I just saw one responsible and fresh woman grab a young man shouting ' e no go better for you', ' I must to collect my money here today o or somebody would not go home'. I died 7 times consecutively when the woman said ' GIVE ME MY 20 NAIRA CHANGE O' (Economy Things) . I just nodded my head in pity.
I then entered the bank where I wanted to open my new account. I was filling my new account form when a young lady came to meet the customer representative that was attending to me. Whether knowingly or unknowingly, this lady stepped on my feet; I then looked up to her expecting an apology. I wasn't that surprised when she didn't even utter a word because of the look she gave everyone in that bank ( the kindda look that would make you feel like you've got to make it up to her standards in no time). The next thing this lady said to the customer rep was and I quote 'Excuss sa, I won open an accountant in diss place'. I couldn't hold my laughter!
I was still filling that form when a young fresh guy with a school bag came to meet the bank official that was sitting next to the one attending to me. Here was how their conversation went.
Fresh Guy: I tried withdrawing 5million with my withdrawal slip but the woman said there was something wrong with my account. She said I should come up here.

Banker: Alright, can I have your account number.

Fresh Guy: 569669769696956995666665

All of a sudden, the look on that bank official face change; the Fresh Guy noticed the look and started running like someone who had became instantaneously mad! I still wasn't sure what was going on.

Banker: Hello, this is ABCDEF Bank, we just received a fraud alert of 50million naira from one of our customers account and the customer is on the run. Please send some officers down here
The fresh guy by some miracle got out of the banking hall, he even got out of the bank itself even with the 2 so called security men there.
Unknowingly to him, he was being followed by one of the bank officials. The fresh guy took a bike; the bank official did the same. I don't know how but the fresh guy later realized he was being followed.
Cutting the long story short, the fresh guy was apprehended by the bank official even after stabbing the bank official. The fresh guy was later brought in to the custody of the bank and was water handed over to the police.
Honestly, that day was like an action film I never watched!
Let me also use this opportunity to beg Ecobank to please refund the money they took from my account (4051025262) I've already mailed and called you guys like a thousand times!. Please the money is not mine and I'm too young to spend some nights in a police den. I'm sorry for banking with you guys. I won't make the mistake again!

Ah...u sure say na ENGcontactcentre@ecobank.com u were sending your mails to. cos wen me i send i do receive feedback o
Re: How A Fraud Was Caught In My Presence In A.... Plus A Short Letter To Ecobank by ashala(m): 2:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Eco bank is the pan African bank. Shame to all you haters

(1) (Reply)

Video:two Nigerian Passengers Fighting Each Other On Airplane / Video:two Men Trying To Rape 9 Year Old Girl Caught And Str*pped Unclad In Edo / I Find Nigerian Men Yank Their Crotch Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.