Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,274 members, 7,811,803 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification (1731 Views)

6 Latest Nokia Android Phones With Prices And Specification / Infinix Zero 5, Price and Specification Discussion Thread / Blackberry 'mercury' To Be Released On February 25th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by Amaechi5(m): 11:50am On Dec 04, 2016
Blackberry Mercury is rumored to arrive soon after new live images of the handset surfaced. Talks of the Blackberry Mercury started in June 2016, although an official launch date is yet to be announced.

GSM Arena reported that the Blackberry Mercury was spotted on GeekBench in October, while CEO John Chen confirmed that it was in the works in November. The alleged live images of the Blackberry Mercury provided more details about the handset.

These include a 4.5-inch display with a 3:2 aspect ratio, a QWERTY keyboard, a prominent selfie camera and what appear to be ambient light sensors on the opposite side of the earpiece. The Blackberry Mercury is said to feature a Qualcomm 2.0GHz chipset, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, an 18-megapixel rear camera and an 8-megapixel front shooter.

Based on the new images, the Blackberry Mercury may run on Android, which has been the norm since the Blackberry Priv. According to the images, the out-of-the-box OS does not seem to be Android 7.0 Nougat, although an update is expected to roll out at a later date.

The Blackberry Mercury is rumored to be the last Blackberry handset with a physical QWERTY keyboard to be developed in-house.

Based on the leaked images, the Blackberry Mercury will look much like the Blackberry Passport, although less square. The Passport also featured a physical QWERTY keyboard.

When the Blackberry Mercury appeared on Geekbench with model number BBB100-1, it was shown to have a Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor with a clock speed of 2.02GHz for the test. The tested handset featured 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory.

The 4.5-inch display was the same as the Blackberry Passport, with a resolution of 720 x 1280. The Blackberry Mercury also had a 3400mAh battery and pre-installed Android OS. The Blackberry Mercury is expected to launch in 2017.

http://www.zpykios.com/2016/12/blackberry-mercury-release-date-specs.html

Re: Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by ramdris(m): 3:19pm On Dec 04, 2016
Rubbish! angry angry
Re: Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by 49cents(m): 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2016
I can't wait!!!!

I am a die hard fan of physical Qwerty keypad

1 Like

Re: Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by Vision4God: 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
BlackBerry OK o.
Re: Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by Nobody: 10:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
My best product ever
Re: Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by Sibrah: 12:45am On Dec 05, 2016
49cents:
I can't wait!!!!

I am a die hard fan of physical Qwerty keypad
You are not alone.
Re: Blackberry Mercury Release Date And Specification by Clarinett(m): 6:22am On Dec 05, 2016
I am a great fan, only BB Mercury will be a replacement to my BB classic.

I cant wait, i just love BB keyboard.

(1) (Reply)

MTN Are Been Compared To Fufu / See the amazing internet Speed I Got on My Glo 4g Network (photo) / Cheap And Affordable Data To All MTN, 9mobile, Airtel And Glo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.