Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Clarifications From Professional Mechanical Engineers Are Needed - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Clarifications From Professional Mechanical Engineers Are Needed (578 Views)

Thread For Mechanical Engineers... / MECHANICAL ENGINEERS ONLY ( Lets Reason Together) / I Do Professional Mechanical And Electrical Designs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clarifications From Professional Mechanical Engineers Are Needed by halmat(m): 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
I'm an undergraduate of Laspotech(HND 1) studying mechanical engineering (power and plant option).

I'm eager to know what to expect from this field as a power and plant technologist. And what areas of improvement should I focus on to help me stand out in labour market.

Also can you suggest any relevant course(s) after my HND aside PGD and masters?

Thanks
Re: Clarifications From Professional Mechanical Engineers Are Needed by Greatken007(m): 4:05am On Dec 05, 2016
You will need some trainings on Heat, ventilation and Air conditioning(HVAC),Valves maintenance,Repairs/Maintenance of pumps,Compressors.in fact just try to grab a general overview of hydraulic power unit.Mechanical Engineering is vast and so you must narrow your interest.In abroad most of the areas listed above are specialized (Valve Engineering is a field on its own). ln masters level you will be focusing on Energy and Power option.
please don't joke with your thermodynamics,fluid mechanics,strength of materials,Refrigeration and Air conditioning.You will play with them till your PHD.
Re: Clarifications From Professional Mechanical Engineers Are Needed by halmat(m): 11:41am On Dec 05, 2016
Greatken007:
You will need some trainings on
Heat,
ventilation and Air conditioning(HVAC),
Valves maintenance,
Repairs/Maintenance of pumps,
Compressors.

Can these be focused on after hnd. Like during my NYSC.

Greatken007:

In fact just try to grab a general overview of hydraulic power unit.Mechanical Engineering is vast and so you must narrow your interest.In abroad most of the areas listed above are specialized (Valve Engineering is a field on its own).

Can these field be pursued in Nigeria as well?

Greatken007:

ln masters level you will be focusing on Energy and Power option.
please don't joke with your thermodynamics,fluid mechanics,strength of materials,Refrigeration and Air conditioning.You will play with them till your PHD.

I will adhere to this sir!

Thanks for the reply

(1) (Reply)

Menstruation Law Sparks Debate In Zambia. / My African Youth Initiative / BEDC Graduated Graduate, Technician Training Program Staffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.