Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,430 members, 7,830,156 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope (550 Views)

Catholic Bishop Reacts To Patrick Edet's Resignation: "The Pope Must Hear This" / Bishopric crisis: Mbaise Catholics say no to the Pope / Nana Poku 'Heals' Woman With A Kiss In South Africa (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by FMary(m): 12:14pm On Dec 05, 2016
Pope Francis' letter to a dying 9-Year-Old Italian girl, Paolina who was dying of cancer was recently read aloud at her funeral.

“Dear Paolina, your photos are on my desk, because in your very special gaze I see the light of goodness and innocence. Thank you for sending them to me!” the Pope said at the beginning of his letter.

He instructed the girl to “read this letter together with your mother, and the kiss she will now give you will be the kiss of the Pope.”

Originally published on the Italian website “Il Faro di Roma,” the letter was dated Sept. 22 and addressed to 10-year-old Paolina Libraro, who was suffering from an advanced form of cancer.

The girl’s mother had written to the Pope asking him to bless and pray for her daughter. In response, Francis sent his letter with a special VIP ticket for this Oct. 26 general audience, where he would have given her the blessing in person.

However, Paolina, who is from the southeast Italian city of Massafra, was too ill and weak to travel as the audience drew near, and so she couldn’t make the trip to Rome. She passed away Nov. 22 and was buried the same day.

The funeral Mass was held at the Church of St. Leopold Mandic and was presided over by Fr. Michele Quaranta. Nearly the entire town was present, including the city’s mayor, Fabrizio Quarto.

During his homily, Fr. Quaranta read aloud the Pope’s letter, which reassured Paolina that “I unite my hands to yours and to those who are praying for you.”

“In this way we will make a long chain that, I am sure, will reach heaven,” Pope Francis said in the letter, and told the girl to remember “that the first link in this chain is you, because you have Jesus in your heart! Remember it!”

He told her to speak to Jesus not only about herself, but also about her parents, “who need so much to be helped and comforted in front of the difficult steps they are facing.”

“You will certainly be very good at suggesting to Jesus what to do for them,” the Pope said, and asked Paolina to also tell Jesus “what he must to for me too, while I will remind him what he must do for you.”

“I give you a very strong hug and I bless you with my whole heart, together with your parents and your loved ones,” he said, and signed the letter himself.

“When she died, she joined the choir of the saints, led by St. Cecilia,” her cousin, Giuseppe Delprete, told Crux.

“Young Paulina was lucid, and courageous, until the very end,” Delprete said. “She never cried, she was a lively, outgoing young girl who died fighting.”

Her strength was such that her cousin believes she didn’t die a girl, but an adult, fighting as if she were already one, more mature than she should have been at her young age, worried about bringing comfort and reassurances to her mother instead of focusing on her impending death.

“She lived such an intense and great life, that at the age of 10 she was called by God to go home,” her cousin said.

Read Also: Demonic possession is real and there are countless documented cases. However, most people fail to realize that the number of possessions is on the rise.

Here Are Things You Didn’t Know About Excorcism And Demonic Possession Which Is On The Rise

http://www.francismary.org/here-are-things-you-didnt-know-about-excorcism-and-demonic-possession-which-is-on-the-rise/

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by UrennaNkoli(f): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
RIP

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by FMary(m): 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2016
Read Also: Thousands Of Muslims Reporting Visions Of Jesus & Converting

http://www.francismary.org/amazing-thousands-of-muslims-reporting-visions-of-jesus-converting/
Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by Onechancearmy(m): 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
The same Pope who asked Christians to apologise to gays. Anti-christ end time pope.
Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by jokinexcel(m): 1:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
Onechancearmy:
The same Pope who asked Christians to apologise to gays. Anti-christ end time pope.
you misunderstood the pope when he ask Christians to apologize to gays, he is not encouraging homosexuality or supporting it. He said that Christians ought to convert through showing the love which Christ represents and not by discrimination and hatred. He said "They are still God's children and God still love them" so "if God loves them who are we to hate and discriminate against them" just like Jesus love sinners while on earth, we are to convert them through love. The pope said that the way the church treats gays does not reflect the love of Christ. That Christians should apologize to gays and extend the love of Christ to them. Am not a Catholic but I think u misunderstood the pope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by MrMontella(m): 3:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
with all the christ in him.. He cant heal the poor girl grin
Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by AccidentalGenius: 3:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
MrMontella:
with all the christ in him.. He cant heal the poor girl grin
i was wondering too grin grin
Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by FMary(m): 5:32pm On Dec 05, 2016
It's not all about healing, and believing it's all about healing leads us to fake miracle workers

Even Jesus could could have saved himself from the Cross.......

MrMontella:
with all the christ in him..
He cant heal the poor girl grin
Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by AccidentalGenius: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
FMary:
It's not all about healing, and believing it's all about healing leads us to fake miracle workers

Even Jesus could could have saved himself from the Cross.......

hypocrisy and another excuse.
Re: Pope Francis' Letter To Dying 9-year-old Paolina - A Kiss Of The Pope by FMary(m): 10:17am On Dec 07, 2016
What is the hypocrisy here?

AccidentalGenius:

hypocrisy and another excuse.

(1) (Reply)

Mmm Is A Covetous Sin. / Beware The Cult-like Control And Abuse Of Jehovah’s Witnesses / Bible Stories (21): Genealogy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.