Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,819 members, 7,841,168 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC (667 Views)

Police Orders Return Of All Licensed Firearms Within 21 Days, Nigerians React / Buhari Not Carrying Youths Along —okorocha / Cash And Firearms Recovered From Justice Ademola Tendered In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by Limitednow: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
THE Federal Road Safety Commission, FRSC, has denied reports that the agency had started distribution of guns and other arms to its officials.

FRSC Head of Media Relations, Bisi Kazeem, who disclosed this in an interview with Premium Times, added that the rumour that the Corps Marshal, Boboye Oyeyemi, has authorized FRSC officials to carry arms is  ‘a figment of the imagination of mischievous individuals’

Kazeem stated that: “The Corps Marshal was lamenting the recent findings that 70 marshals lost their lives this year alone to some outlawed motorists. He then stated that such a high number of losses could have been avoided if FRSC personnel were carrying arms as allowed by the law. But he quickly added that there is no immediate plan to implement the law allowing officials to carry arms. It’s unfortunate that some wicked people now took that to mean that he said officials are now being armed. It’s a figment of their imagination”

The image maker of the FRSC noted that road safety officials undergo regular training on how to handle firearms as permitted by law but there is no plan to ‘implement it in the nearest future’.

“We’ve been undergoing such trainings on regular intervals since 1992 when Ibrahim Babangida was in office. But we have never put the exercise in general practice of our operation and we have no plans of implementing it in the nearest future,” he said.

An amendment to the FRSC Act in 2007 granted the road traffic officials the power to bear arms but corps marshals are always reluctant to implement it.

Source: http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/we-are-not-carrying-firearms-now-frsc/

Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by angeltolly(f): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Ordinary small shakara Nigerians just do you now now you fear give press release sharp sharp cheesy

But seriously...... No go carry gun oo. See someone gave an FRSC official her car papers with left hand, it became an issue, with Gun person fit chop bullet o cheesy

Nigerians have been renewing temporary licence for many years now.... You want to carry gun. Abeg, they need to get their job right first.
Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by Limitednow: 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Lalasticlala needs this
Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by dingbang(m): 1:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
Wetin concern frsc with fire arm, the day I spot any of them with a gun, me sef I go bring out my own..
Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by PaPPi1: 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
bullshit

Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by obiageIi(f): 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2016
Nonsense, very soon NYSC will start asking to carry firearms.
Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by Funlordjnr: 2:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
Road safety Rambo: "oga where is your licence?"

Unarmed driver: "e don expire"

Road safety Rambo: " you go settle us?"

Unarmed driver: "I just wan begin my hustle"

Road safety Rambo: clicks gun...."booyaka".

That's how it goes in naija!
Re: We Are Not Carrying Firearms Now — FRSC by emitope: 3:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
It's not about carrying weapons now; its about the fact that u don't need it. U need speed trackers, alcohol breath test machines...
By the way, what different role do the FRSC play from the VIO, the police and even the Nigerian army( in some places)?

(1) (Reply)

Mavrodi, MMM Founder Writes FG; Lists Benefits / Those Asking For Jonathan’s Re-election Are Corrupt Politicians - APC Chieftain / Obiano's Wife "Osodieme" Visits Anambra First Child Of Year 2017 - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.