Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,568 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) (73313 Views)

Garba Shehu Used Efe's 'Based On Logistics' On Twitter, Nigerians React (Pics) / Senate Stops Ban On Importation Of ‘Tokunbo’ Vehicles Through land / Reps To Buhari: Suspend Ban On Importation Of Cars Through Land Borders. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mfm04622: 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
wite111:
The clueless one again!One day we will just wake up and hear that Buhari has banned access to life.Don't worry,it is going round.Men wet dey survive through that way go see the effect of recession now.After all many of them voted for him ignorantly.Let them face it!

What is wrong in this? Pls enlighten me
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bilulu(m): 6:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:

The idea is to encourage local manufacturers which is good. Aren't you happy with the rice revolution? I am.
Wat is good about d policy cuz as it stands now it favour only d rich cuz only dem can import tru d sea y u re left to trek..... Y not ban cars importation as a whole if u really want to encourage local manufacturers? Am tempted to ask..... Are u not tired of defending d undefendable?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by victorazy(m): 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
saintmark88:
How people see the right move and criticize baffles me........ Who Cotonou car epp??

U funny o!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mfm04622: 6:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
signz:
Is it not against ECOWAS trade protocol?

Its a shame if this story is true.

Why can't he just make our ports competitive instead of trying to ban importation of cars through our land borders?

It won't work. Itll only make Customs officers richer

It is NOT as those vehicles were not manufactured in Benin Republic

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by hadura29(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
God know say Na new motor I go buy...coz no visiting of mutiu every 1 month. All the mutius no go gree this ban. How govt want make dem chop sef.. na WA ooooo...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by kingping(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
saintmark88:
How people see the right move and criticize baffles me........ Who Cotonou car epp??

As if people who import from neighbouring countries do not pay duty while importing their vehicles. There is absolutely no reason to place the ban at this time .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by crown08(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
saintmark88:
is it a must to talk

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by bangging(m): 6:47pm On Dec 05, 2016
thesicilian:
Even those who don't have money to buy cars are reacting
like u right? Suffering and smiling...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by arabianights: 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
obailala:
Another assembly of wailers spewing trash. Most dont even have a clue what the policy is about.
if they did. They won't be publicly exposing the low level of intelligence and self development internationally amongst our youth s. With these kinda low I. Q how won't our great grand fathers still be ruling Nigeria. Hand it over to which generation? Rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by eltalentino(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

Don't allow this N-power to be a Sword of Damocles over you.

Eph123 come and see what your friend typed

And you think Atiku is the solution? Smh

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by mfm04622: 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
bilulu:

Wat is good about d policy cuz as it stands now it favour only d rich cuz only dem can import tru d sea y u re left to trek..... Y not ban cars importation as a whole if u really want to encourage local manufacturers? Am tempted to ask..... Are u not tired of defending d undefendable?

Have you thought about the reason anybody will pay customs duties TWICE? If you import through other countries, you pay customs duty there and also to bring it to Nigeria. The truth is, they smuggle these vehicles in, denying Nigeria her proper revenue.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2016

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
Bizibi:
it is the car duty that is not favourable at all.....
That is true, but my first investment after leaving paid employment was autosales and I did much of my importation from Cotonou. Those Lebanese are making huge cakes from us. I can authoritatively say the Car lots across the border are patronized 90% at least by Nigerians. And at the end, the cars are ferried through bushes of Idiroko even though we actually pay legally acceptable duties to get the cars in.

It makes no sense, because govt is not even getting the fees we pay. Its best to just stop it. And let me inform you as an insider. Even though Car Dealers bring in those cars cheaply from Cotonou, they will still mark-up the profits on the same equation as importers from USA.

I support Buhari on this, 100% and I think I might likely vote him in 2019 if the electricity supply stays the way it is or even get better. I am saving tonnes of money during this administration despite the fact that I never supported it.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by DedeNkem: 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
What was his reason for banning road imports?

Instead of focusing on resolving the recession he created, the id*iot is hell bent in creating more and more problems for ordinary citizens! This st*upid ban is going to make cars more expensive!

No country in the world banned importation of goods via road, except in this useless country which is being led by an outright incompetent and tribalist as*shole!
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by TheRealestGuy(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:
Wonderful! Let us watch Innoson grow like the rice farmers. If this sails through then I will declare that we are having a quiet revolution. Nigeria is indeed on the right path.
Importation of cars wasn't banned outright so I dunno what you're happy about.

Besides, since our currency has had it value so badly eroded, buying cars from neighboring countries is now as expensive as getting them from any car dealer I'm Nigeria, and I am saying this authoritatively.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by victorazy(m): 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
mfm04622:

What is wrong in this? Pls enlighten me
Everything is wrong. Think.

bilulu:

You forgot to as him how many local manufacturer has Buhari helped, rather he was digging out tax flaws of Innoson the other day. Do they have light to operate? How much is exchange rate?
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by grownaira: 6:51pm On Dec 05, 2016
Let's see how it goes.
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by he1845(m): 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Well he meant well but wrong timing
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:
Can you kindly keep quiet. You applied for N-power 30k job and you know that you will need to save your two year salary without touching it before you can dream of doing window shopping for a toks car.

People like you with nothing to lose on this government obnoxious policies are the one drumming support for this government.

I won't mind paying you 35k per month to give up that N-power job so that your conscience will be free to condemn this atrocious govt.

My stomach has started "paining me nah"...oh well off to the chemist.
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by lordyugo: 6:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
mrvitalis:
I really don't get what is people's problem with this

Did he ban car importation? No

If u are genuine businessman this will not affect u in anyway.. so u prefer revenue that's supposed to go to Nigeria to continue to go to other countries?? I actually don't understand Nigeria

so importation thru d seas means d revenue goes to nigerians?
So rather than d revenue go to a fellow african country it should go to a foreign country abi.
its ur kind wit stunted mindsets that destroys anythin they handle

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by ritababe(f): 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
Prices of already cleared Tokunbo vehicles will skyrocket. This will also affect the demand for Nigerian used and hence, that will sky rocket too. Dunno anyone personally who still buys new cars with dollar price right now. Checked the price of 2016 Toyota Corolla...Omo, I gats to run away! undecided

that's why we have innoson
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by PaulIdu: 6:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kathmandu:

The idiot will have to save all his empower pay for 60 years to buy a Toyota camry

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by babs50g: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
His policies are just too stringent . What is the ratio of our own manufactured vehicle compare to import . What is the capacity of innoson vehicle ? At least before u ban ur production must be at the optimum, or u create import substitution. Make the economy conducive for investors to put their money down , make sure infrastructure are in place , optimum energy , tax holiday and we shall be call a beautiful country . How many of our vessels are in operation in other countries, same with our aviation.? The country is just up side down . And duty rate of vehicle coming in is about 35%. Where are the money going into . The Nigeria custom, revenue alone enough to feed the whole , same with FiRS . We should be the one lending other countries loan , and not we begging for loan if we gets our acts Together . There is so much waste in the system. What a country ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 05, 2016
PaulIdu:

The idiot will have to save all his empower pay for 60 years to buy a Toyota camry
Bunch of niwits are just supporting buhari like fools

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Bizibi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
Billyonaire:
That is true, but my first investment after leaving paid employment was autosales and I did much of my importation from Cotonou. Those Lebanese are making huge cakes from us. I can authoritatively say the Car lots across the border are patronized 90% at least by Nigerians. And at the end, the cars are ferried through bushes of Idiroko even though we actually pay legally acceptable duties to get the cars in.

It makes no sense, because govt is not even getting the fees we pay. Its best to just stop it. And let me inform you as an insider. Even though Car Dealers bring in those cars cheaply from Cotonou, they will still mark-up the profits on the same equation as importers from USA.

I support Buhari on this, 100% and I think I might likely vote him in 2019 if the electricity supply stays the way it is or even get better. I am saving tonnes of money during this administration despite the fact that I never supported it.
ha! The electricity is bad here in wuse area,anyway I pray they make things easier fr us to buy cars at a reasonable rate

1 Like

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Nobody: 6:56pm On Dec 05, 2016
ritababe:

that's why we have innoson
Innoson demand presently exceeds his supply.

A new car is more expensive than an old one

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Charly68: 6:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
We shall see what this Govt want to achieve between now & 2019 .

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by sylve11: 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2016
annayawchee:
Speechless angry
Michael Jackson cool
Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by Undisputed001(m): 6:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
What I see here is sophisticated ignorance expressed by Nigerians who don't see beyond their noses. How will our own car manufacturers grow if continue to allow them face an unfair competition.
Nigerians! Put on your thinking cap.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) by lindiwey: 7:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
Abagworo:
Wonderful! Let us watch Innoson grow like the rice farmers. If this sails through then I will declare that we are having a quiet revolution. Nigeria is indeed on the right path.

Can the lower class Nigerians afford a brand new Innoson Vehicle? Even a fairly used Innoson vehicle won't be that cheap.. Do u think the big men will have just Innoson vehicles in their garage? It will just be in their fleet of cars. All this policies ends up not favouring the masses..Our local rice is as expensive as the foreign rice just a difference of N50 when buying in mudu,the farmers are balling while the masses suffer and bears the cost

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Video Of Over 40 Cars Recovered From Ex-Governor Matawalle / Man Caught With Dagger Approaching Peter Obi At Oyo Rally - Bishop P.O Evang / Biography Of AVM Isiaka Amao (New Chief Of Air Staff)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.