Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,172 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

MMM Photos Published On BBC Is A Fake - Nicholas Owen - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / MMM Photos Published On BBC Is A Fake - Nicholas Owen (751 Views)

CNN, BBC Predict The Future Of MMM Nigeria / MMM: Someone Uploaded A Fake Proof Of Payment / MMM Posts Christmas Greeting. Angry Participants React (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MMM Photos Published On BBC Is A Fake - Nicholas Owen by boman2014: 5:41pm On Dec 05, 2016
The MMM image published on British Broadcast Corporation's (BBC) page, is a hoax

- Investigations reveal that the image regarding a report on BBC's site was photoshopped

BBC newsreader Nicholas Owen has revealed that the caption “MMM Nigeria Reduces Poverty in Nigeria by 20%,” which appeared on an image recently shared online and on social media is a hoax.

SEE PHOTO:

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkyt4bbhuougnp5.8b496204.jpg[/img]

MMM image on BBC is hoax, says Nicholas Owen.

The caption goes on to say that the “UK government advise Buhari lead [sic] government to use MMM to create jobs”.
MMM, which calls itself “a community of ordinary people selflessly helping each other, a kind of the Global Fund of mutual
aid” has been controversial in Nigeria. Its proponents say the
community provides real financial bailout but sceptics say it is a
Ponzi scheme.

The image, however, is a hoax.
Using Google reverse image search, Africa Check found that the
original caption read “British hostage released: British national
released after operation in Yemen”.

Africa Check says they have asked the BBC to confirm this and
will update the report, if they should respond.

Meanwhile, the founder of Omega Fire Ministries International
(OFM), Apostle Johnson Suleman, has told his members to
disassociate themselves from the popular money doubling
scheme, MMM.

Apostle Suleiman said MMM is satanic and that those involved in it
are demonic. Speaking during a church service, the pastor said:

"Go and check the founder of MMM. He was a fraudster in
America; defrauded people, and that's what you're involving
yourself in and you are a Christian, looking for easy way out.

Many Christians have gotten involved. If you are involved in
MMM, I have to pray for you today. It's not of God. Any quick fix
way for money is not of God because some people are being
defrauded to enrich some other people.

"Any quick-rich scheme is wrong. In life, everything you get if is
not favour from a particular individual. If it's quick favour through
a process, you will pay for it later. If it's a person you know that
walked up to you and blesses you, take it. That's favour. But a quick business transaction that can bring a return of over 200 person, is not of God , '' he said.

https://www.naij.com/1073156-mmm-scandal-images-of-nigerias-ponzi-scheme-was-faked-bbc.html

Re: MMM Photos Published On BBC Is A Fake - Nicholas Owen by mznel(m): 6:04pm On Dec 05, 2016
....space booking
Re: MMM Photos Published On BBC Is A Fake - Nicholas Owen by bigtalla(m): 6:06pm On Dec 05, 2016
I still don't understand why non-participant are more worried than the actual risk takers of MMM. I don't just get it

1 Like

Re: MMM Photos Published On BBC Is A Fake - Nicholas Owen by Confussion2: 6:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
watched ait today money show by Nancy and on sound economist.Nancy said her friend called her n told her if not for mmm, youths and hungry nigerians would have chased buhari out of aso rock.I laugh tire.some people dont have d slightest idea how this mmm has saved souls.me wey de owe huge amount by this yime last year bought a cool ride i will be taking home for d xmas.money for biz next year already down.

God punish whoever is tryjng yo cause panic. well i have givers forum,and get help worldwide bbringing in cool cashew for me lolz. make dem go sidon.
kiriasunny@gmail.com to join both.

(1) (Reply)

5 Best Ways To Maximize Your Retirement Savings / How to Raise Money For Your 2017 Projects! / Btc Investment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.