Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

$30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun (10136 Views)

We Must Borrow More To Deliver Infrastructure —Adeosun / FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan / Confusion Over Buhari’s $30bn Loan Request (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

$30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2016
NATIONAL Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Chief John Odigie-Oyegun, has defended the borrowing plans of President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, saying it was inevitable, in view of the current economic realities in the country.

Odigie-Oyegun said Nigeria must borrow to invest in infrastructure and grow the economy

The APC National Chairman spoke Sunday night after receiving a lifetime achievement award presented to him by the Warri Choral Society during a classical music concert the society held in his honour at the Muson Centre in Lagos.

Assuring that the loan would not be used to pay salaries, Odigie-Oyegun said: “If you read the newspapers, you hear the President being advised to pump money into the economy. So the question is where is the money coming from? Simple!

“It has to come from somewhere, including borrowing — both internal and external. To get this country going again, you have to pay contractors. Some contractors have not been paid for 10 years.

“So long as the borrowing is done not to pay salaries, which the President Buhari administration will not do, but invested to create opportunities, solve our problems of power and things like that.”

“To allow people to have money to consume, to buy goods, to pay for services so that factories can produce. So it is that cycle. We must kick-start the economy and to kick-start it will need money, lots of money.”

He also said the ongoing fight against corruption was necessary for the country to make progress.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nigeria-must-borrow-odigie-oyegun/

1 Share

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by emeijeh(m): 12:14am On Dec 06, 2016
I see
These thieves do not mean well for this nation

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by stexsy(m): 12:16am On Dec 06, 2016
Old fool...

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Chine12(m): 12:33am On Dec 06, 2016
bunch of thieves
This is how the 30billion will be shared.....
Saraki n his boys=8billion

Bubu n his boys(fashola,Ameachi n co. =10billion....

Contractors n (APC)Politicians=7billion

The remaining 5billion for 2019 campaign(INEC n co.)...

which project can dey complete under 2years??
I really pity for who will be the president by 2019...
#common Sense

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by tigerclaws: 12:34am On Dec 06, 2016
i don't know why each time i hear the name oyegun the first name that comes my forking mind is Tinubu shocked
maka why?

btw
oyegun is a vulture for making that statement

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by MONITZ: 12:40am On Dec 06, 2016
And what does this moronic fellow know abt borrowing and credit worthiness? Him think say na politics or betrayal dem dey talk now?

8 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by bonechamberlain(m): 12:44am On Dec 06, 2016
30 billion, the financial institutions would do Nigeria a great favour if they refuse such evil loan request.

Buhari's govt cannot even be trusted with 5million dollar loan. All the funds they have discovered or gotten from TSA to loot recovered, to abacha loot, to ghost workers discovery etc what is the impact on the citizens of this country, nothing but ruthless suffering. angry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by baybeeboi: 12:53am On Dec 06, 2016
Oyegun sef don turn economist?

This Buhari administration sha, everything misplaced.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by legendarystar: 1:32am On Dec 06, 2016
I Think Oyegun And Buhari's Brain Is In Recession Too And That Of The Minister Of Health Too 4 Trying To Ban Suya, Ngwogwo & Kilishi... Ha.

8 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by rosebaby16: 2:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Banning and borrowing is the only change we are seeing.

4 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Donshemzy1234: 2:20pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmm, Who is fooling who
Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by bejeria101(m): 2:24pm On Dec 06, 2016
You are an insolent idiot,are you the minister of finance? What is the ministers job? Awon oponu oshi

4 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 06, 2016
Oldmen in politics telling lies everyday with their unrepentant culture and tradition of stealing. Go to MIT in USA u wld find old white men returning back to school to find ways to improve their country.

5 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Defaramade(m): 2:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nigeria must borrow because it is the APC in government, I'm certain if it was PDP that proposed such borrowing you will vehemently disagree.

2 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by googlepikins: 2:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
Oyegun is a tout and a thief. Buhari is an ostrich head.

6 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by gurunlocker: 2:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
These guys are visionless, they just open mouth and talk crap thinking they are leading stupid people.... Borrow money and lead us in 50 years of continuous payment right..

3 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by excel101(m): 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
Initially i thought the Govt. were sayin that the power problem is being caused by the Niger Delta Avengers, so its now money that's the issue. Now, where are the money recovered so far from corrupt Govt officials? This John Oyegun should shut his trap and concentrate on their (APC) internal issues. Rogues.

4 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Seriousboy: 3:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
You will do everything in your power for Buhari to come back in 2019, we won't do it again. E don do abeg na by force
Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by greenermodels: 3:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
i have concluded that migrating out of Nigeria is the best decision right now because there's no hope that things would be better before 2019 or beyond.

1 Like

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by shumuel(m): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2016
Loan for what again Biko ? Is the year not running to an end ? Let them add whatever the loan is needed for in next years Budget.
Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by tammie24: 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2016
These people should just forget it

We are not borrowing

Rather they are leaving office!

2 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by emmydollars4life(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2016
stexsy:
Old fool...
so they can settle you abi, Can Kemi Cancel debt like Ngozi Okonjo iweala, if she can do that, go and collect, if she can't do that stick ur crazy ass on ur seat.

3 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
Shameless hagard thief! What has your self-serving klepto boss done with TSA, recovered loots, proceeds of recently removed subsidies et.al?
#demonic baaaastards!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by fakati(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2016
Mr. Oyegun why not forget borrowing the loot recover so far will go a long way so be reasonable.

1 Like

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by temitopeking(m): 5:00pm On Dec 06, 2016
i dont think his senses are still valid.......
Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by CioAngels(f): 5:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/nigeria-must-borrow-odigie-oyegun/

Ole, Barawo, Onyeoshi, you want the one you will steal just like others. Support him to Borrow, your greatgrand children will be told the history and they will be forced to bring the ones you starshed away for them to pay back. Heartless thiefs.

2 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by DonCortino: 5:30pm On Dec 06, 2016
We know already. No need to tell us, its for you. (apc) to collect ur share.

Criminals! angry

3 Likes

Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by alsudaes1(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2016
emeijeh:
I see
These thieves do not mean well for this nation

I 'taya' my brother. . .

But God 'pass' dem. . .

I say and reiterate, people are suffering o

So many people have turn 'beggars' and debtors

With the way things are going, Our only Hope is God Almighty.
Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Danny287(m): 6:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Hmmm looters every where just looking for ways to get funds to throw around during 2019 election
Just like the did in Edo and Ondo
Re: $30bn Loan: Why Nigeria Must Borrow - Oyegun by Doubleagent008(m): 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
legendarystar:
I Think Oyegun And Buhari's Brain Is In Recession Too And That Of The Minister Of Health Too 4 Trying To Ban Suya, Ngwogwo & Kilishi... Ha.
that guy na bastard fa. Na him papa suya?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Withdraws Contempt Charge Against NLC, TUC / INEC: GEJ Plans To Replace Prof. Attahiru Jega With Prof. Olufemi Mimiko / Insecurity: Osun To Construct Perimeter Fence In Public Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.