Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,726 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

Should We Allow This Injustice To Continue At LAUTECH? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should We Allow This Injustice To Continue At LAUTECH? (622 Views)

ASUU Branches Vote To Continue Strike / ASUU Strike Update: BUK Kano, UI, ABSU, ATBU Others Voted To Continue Strike / How Do I Fight This Injustice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should We Allow This Injustice To Continue At LAUTECH? by kingjms010(m): 1:02am On Dec 06, 2016
Plans were being made to sabotage our futures. We sit, listen, discus but we fail to act. I'm guilty of this. Six months, going to seven, that's for how long we have been wounded emotionally and intellectually. It is very certain that at some point, we would have blamed ourselves for our choices. Someone once said: "It wasn't my intention to study at Lautech, but after being rejected by top federal institutions, I had to apply to Lautech. Lautech saved my life". Yes, it is quite true that some of us if not most of us shares in this sentiment. We have been given an opportunity to fulfill our dreams, accomplish our goals, set names for ourselves. We are called the future leaders of tomorrow for a reason, but why can't we really act like the leaders we are? Where are we when our brothers and sisters, friends, comrades in this struggle stages protest in the affected part of the states? How have we contributed to this action? What role have we actually played in these efforts to reopen our great institution? These are some of the questions we should be asking ourselves.
The realization should come sooner for everyone of us that the same people we elected to lead us, protect us are the same ones trying to destroy our lives and reputations. This past week, we've have been portrayed as thugs, nuisances for demanding our rights. *Smiles* Then let's show them the thugs we are, we are educated thugs, we should be rational with our actions. We should only do things that will bore good fruits, a sooner resumption. We are not strangers to the downfall of our country's economy. We are in this together but that doesn't give the two states jointly serving ownership reason not to pay the lecturers due. They preach that education is the best legacy, but are they really acting like they believe that themselves?
Just as it has been said earlier, we hold the keys to our futures, all we have to do is open and explore. Education is our right, we should take it, grab it, with any means necessary, as long as it is through legal means. We have to fight for our rights. We should declare war on those delaying our success, those who don't want a better future for us. But can a war be won by just one person? I do not think so, even if it can, it would take time, which we don't have by the way. That is why every single person has to participate in this war. We all have roles to play, it is left to us to decide what role that is. You can war by praying, it is needed, by sharing your opinions, your ideas and what you think can be done as solutions to the debt the government is owing. You cannot sit back in your homes regretting your decisions to choose Lautech as your choice of school and expects the school to be reopened. You have to act. Faith without work is meaningless.
If our voices weren't heard well enough before, now is this the right time to shout louder, spread the word globally. We do not have another six months to waste, we need our lives back. What do you do when someone is holding your lifeline in his hands and you are capable of taking it back and securing it well by yourself, you don't waste time, you snatch it immediately. Let us waste no time no more. We shouldn't give up on this struggle, it is only when we endure it to the end that we will be rewarded. We should be very careful with our decisions and actions, there are times we would have to lower our pride and ego to get what we want, there are times we would have to beg for it, and there are also times we should fight for it. But it will do us more good if we can discern it in our heart the best cause for action. We are Ladokites, we should never be intimidated. We should remain undivided and united to oppress our oppressors
Re: Should We Allow This Injustice To Continue At LAUTECH? by ibkgab001: 1:05am On Dec 06, 2016
Over to you uncle LALA

"Intimidation we condole Not"
Re: Should We Allow This Injustice To Continue At LAUTECH? by Joy83(m): 3:35am On Dec 06, 2016
As children are the victim of bad marriage so citizens/students are the victim of bad political leadership.

May God deliver you from this havoc. I can relate with what the students are passing through now.

(1) (Reply)

Good News! JAMB Coordinator Reveals When Sale Of 2017 UTME Form Starts / Top 10 Countries With Highest Rape Crime - Images / NECO 2017/18 SSCE June/july Exam Time-table [25th May-25th July, 2017]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.