Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,607 members, 7,955,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:14 PM

Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. (26391 Views)

Quantity Surveying Vs Survey And Geoinformatics / Building Technology Vs Quantity Surveying / Geography Vs Urban & Regional Planning: Which Should He Go For? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by UchecoOtentic(m): 3:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
maximas:
Take Estate Managment is equally good but not as good as Architecture, as an Architect take ESM, mores time I can work without URP n QNT sur. But u can can't do ESM duty.
Then who is going to approve your plan.
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Pecca: 7:51pm On Dec 06, 2016
aleem50:
I am a QS student, and I can tell you categorically that quantity surveying is a very lucrative professional course and u gonna enjoy it. Though estate management is really good too, I won't advice you to choose urp.
You are still a student, yet here u are advising another student on what course to study. what do you know of life and professional practice after studies?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by aleem50(m): 10:08pm On Dec 06, 2016
Pecca:

You are still a student, yet here u are advising another student on what course to study. what do you know of life and professional practice after studies?
you must be stupid, did I mention you? What is your problem? u guys have turned NL to a place where u can just attack and abuses as u wish. If I said that I am currently a QTS student, does it mean that I am a novice about my course of study? It is high time you got a life.

1 Like

Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Lakeside2134: 7:24am On Dec 07, 2016
I applied for architecture but i couldn't make it so i got Surveying and geoinformatics engineering,please guys my question is it a good course and what are the job prospects
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by aydi(m): 8:23am On Dec 07, 2016
ALPHAGUY:
I HAVE 12 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT HANDLING PROJECTS ALL OVER NIGERIA. I AM A REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL IN MY OWN FIELD AND JUST TAKE THESS PIECES OF ADVISE FROM ME;
ESTATE MGT. IS LUCRATIVE BUT HAS A LOT OF QUARKS DOING THEIR JOBS EVEN TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES.
URP IS THE WORST COURSE IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES. IT IS NOT EASILY SELF EMPLOYED. I HAVE NEVER MET A SELF EMPLOYED EMPLOYED URP IN MY 12 YRS OF PRACTICE. I HAVE NEVER EVER NEEDED ONE EVEN. IF URE NOT PATRONISED BY GOVT, URE FINISHED.
THE QS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE FINANCIAL BOSS AND WELL ENVIED BY ALL MEMBERS IN A TEAM OF CONSULTANTS ON ANY PROJECT. HE COMMANDS SO MUCH RESPECT AND ARE NEEDED ALL OVER THE WORLD. QS IS ONE OF THE LARGEST PROFESSIONS IN THE UK AND MIDDLE EAST. PLS ANY SELF EMPLOYED URP IN THE HOUSE THAT CAN BET HE IS NOT HUNGRY SHOULD BE BOLD TO COUNTER MY TAKE ON THIS.
Emusan:

I'll love us to meet! I'll PM you.

Is it possible for someone who studied URP to have a masters in Quantity surveying
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by fizzy94(m): 10:25am On Dec 07, 2016
Is it possible for someone who studied building technology to do masters in quantity surveying?
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Pecca: 3:02pm On Dec 08, 2016
aleem50:
you must be stupid, did I mention you? What is your problem? u guys have turned NL to a place where u can just attack and abuses as u wish. If I said that I am currently a QTS student, does it mean that I am a novice about my course of study? It is high time you got a life.
You must try and concentrate on finishing ur studies first, huh? Like that you can start saying things as it relates to that field...until then just remain part of the decorations; keep your opinions to urself, you hear?
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Reddington(m): 6:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
fizzy94:
Is it possible for someone who studied building technology to do masters in quantity surveying?

Bro believe me, that's a pipe dream.
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by fizzy94(m): 8:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
Reddington:

Bro believe me, that's a pipe dream.
What about masters in architecture?
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Ibrahimndg57(m): 8:47pm On Dec 10, 2016
fizzy94:
What about masters in architecture?
hmmmm never
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by fizzy94(m): 8:24am On Dec 11, 2016
Ibrahimndg57:
hmmmm never
So after studying building technology what course do u think would be suitable to apply for during masters?
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by orikzz(m): 6:35am On Dec 12, 2016
There are no ordinary courses in life.its urr ordinary approach dat makes it look small..All courses guarantee u a well built future if well followed up wit passion..
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Ibrahimndg57(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2016
fizzy94:

So after studying building technology what course do u think would be suitable to apply for during masters?
I think though am not sure you can apply for structural engineering, civil engineering, and even qs
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by fizzy94(m): 6:06am On Dec 13, 2016
Ibrahimndg57:
I think though am not sure you can apply for structural engineering, civil engineering, and even qs
Okay thanks
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Nobody: 6:07am On Dec 31, 2016
kingwax7007:
anyone can do ESM duty...in fact, even the layman!

The draughtsman and any building technologist with an AutoCAD will eat like an architect...

Caretakers are what we call ESMs...anybody can become a real estate mogul even without going to school...
Surveyors too have many unschooled people eating their job...abeg where you cumot from? Visit abuja, Lagos and some major urban centers in Nigeria and around the world... And answer this question again mtcheww valuation, appraisal and management u can do come mk I gv my u.D handout for one year mk you go pass NIESV exam abi archi drawing.. Bros abeg no make me swear for us

But a QS?? Forget it...they are in demand in every section of the industry and are few!!!
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by othman11(m): 1:08pm On Jun 28, 2017
aleem50:
I am a QS student, and I can tell you categorically that quantity surveying is a very lucrative professional course and u gonna enjoy it. Though estate management is really good too, I won't advice you to choose urp.
can i PM pls
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by othman11(m): 1:18pm On Jun 28, 2017
Kherry:
go for QS it a very good course and u gonna enjoy....am proud to be a QS student
can I PM
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by aleem50(m): 5:07pm On Jun 28, 2017
othman11:
can i PM pls
sure you can
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Kherry: 9:40am On Jul 02, 2017
othman11:
can I PM

no problem
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by victoryokwusike(m): 10:46am On Jul 02, 2017
I advise you go for Estate management... because it's the most lucrative in this current country.... even with the recession, they are not still broke... go for estate management
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2017
aleem50:
please what of suveying and geoinformatics
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2017
Lakeside2134:
I applied for architecture but i couldn't make it so i got Surveying and geoinformatics engineering,please guys my question is it a good course and what are the job prospects
Thank you
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 12:40pm On Jul 16, 2017
siryomecs:
My own advice is to go for QS not even estate,
Here r my views
1. Most of the estate mgt work r now done by lawyers
Anybody can come tell u dey r agent
2 if u wanna be d boss of yr own don't go for planning.
3. Remember all decisions r from mind choose wisely
M a planner n forever going to be cos in everyday of my life I applied planning to it
Thanks
please sir what's ur take on surveying and geoinfomatics?...please I need ur reply pleeeease
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2017
hadecunleh:
I am a professional QS. Please dont pick QS, the less QSs we have out there the merrier. Too much money.
please sir how what of survey and geo informatics...please in the name of God..pleeeeease reply me
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 12:46pm On Jul 16, 2017
ALPHAGUY:
I HAVE 12 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN THE BUILT ENVIRONMENT HANDLING PROJECTS ALL OVER NIGERIA. I AM A REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL IN MY OWN FIELD AND JUST TAKE THESS PIECES OF ADVISE FROM ME;
ESTATE MGT. IS LUCRATIVE BUT HAS A LOT OF QUARKS DOING THEIR JOBS EVEN TO GOVERNMENT AGENCIES.
URP IS THE WORST COURSE IN ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES. IT IS NOT EASILY SELF EMPLOYED. I HAVE NEVER MET A SELF EMPLOYED EMPLOYED URP IN MY 12 YRS OF PRACTICE. I HAVE NEVER EVER NEEDED ONE EVEN. IF URE NOT PATRONISED BY GOVT, URE FINISHED.
THE QS HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE FINANCIAL BOSS AND WELL ENVIED BY ALL MEMBERS IN A TEAM OF CONSULTANTS ON ANY PROJECT. HE COMMANDS SO MUCH RESPECT AND ARE NEEDED ALL OVER THE WORLD. QS IS ONE OF THE LARGEST PROFESSIONS IN THE UK AND MIDDLE EAST. PLS ANY SELF EMPLOYED URP IN THE HOUSE THAT CAN BET HE IS NOT HUNGRY SHOULD BE BOLD TO COUNTER MY TAKE ON THIS.
please sir what is ur take on surveying and geoinformatics...please sir kindly Reply me...I really need it ...please

1 Like

Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 12:55pm On Jul 16, 2017
RaggedyAnn:
No one can make the choice for you. You see how everyone is recommending according to their own preferences and experiences?

Why did you apply for Architecture? Why don't you make a list of what you want from a profession? Discover what you are passionate about. You might gain more insight. You can also research the pros and cons of EM, QS, URP and Archy.

Typically, in building construction sites, the consultant team comprises the Architect, Structural engineer, M&E engineers and the QS. The quantity surveyor costs the Specifications to produce the BoQ. He knows where the money is, prepares periodic valuations of work, advices on cost-saving possibilities, vets contractors' submissions for variations and advices the architect/pm on the merit of it. It's a lot of power that is often and easily abused. QS make money on projects. And even when they don't actively connive with the contractors, they get a lot of 'appreciation' for doing their job. Contractors know quantity surveyors to their homes.

Estate management is a good profession but most people currently thriving in the business didn't study it. It's like studying project management as a first degree. What people do is study - say structural engineering, architecture or even quantity or land surveying, and then get an FMP. It gives you more versatility.

URP, hmmm. I wish we were at the point where a planner becomes indispensable to any project. They should be more relevant to all forms of development. The NITP needs to push harder for this. However, currently, you would be hoping for employment at the ministry and it would not be challenging. That isn't to say things may not be different at the time you would be graduating.

Try to speak with young professionals to tell you about their excitements in the various fields, and old professionals to tell you about their regrets. Then decide. Good luck!
please sir what's ur take on surveying and geoinformatics......please I need ur Reply...please
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by aleem50(m): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2017
samwayne154:
please what of suveying and geoinformatics
it is a very good course I must say..
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
aleem50:
it is a very good course I must say..
please sir compared to quantity surveying...in terms of getting job and money
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by aleem50(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2017
samwayne154:
please sir compared to quantity surveying...in terms of getting job and money
Don't use money as a basis in choosing career, money will always come bro. For the job, all the courses in environmental design and management are professional courses, you don't need to look for job, you can stand on ur own and be ur own boss .
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by Ymodulus: 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
aleem50:
Don't use money as a basis in choosing career, money will always come bro. For the job, all the courses in environmental design and management are professional courses, you don't need to look for job, you can stand on ur own and be ur own boss .

Lies.

Please dont say this ever.

5 Likes

Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by aleem50(m): 6:05am On Jul 19, 2017
Ymodulus:

Lies.

Please dont say this ever.
ur mentality might be different Sha.
Re: Estate Management Vs Quantity Surveying Vs Urban And Regional Planning.. by samwayne154(m): 9:56am On Jul 19, 2017
aleem50:
thanks sir, I understand but which one gets work mostly cuz people are talking about a QS and Estate manager in a building site but no one is talking about survey and geoinformatics

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Nairalander's Perspective On "School Na Scam" / IELTS Increases Test Fee To ₦266,000 / Unilorin Remedial Admission List Is Out!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.