Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:36 AM

Read Exact Words Of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, As He Plans 'WOLEXIT' - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Read Exact Words Of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, As He Plans 'WOLEXIT' (588 Views)

Chinua Achebe: An Icon Beyond Nobel Laureate Award / Wole Soyinka As A Student At University Of Ibadan In 1952 (Throwback Photo) / The Man: Bob Dylan, Newly Crowned Nobel Laureate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read Exact Words Of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, As He Plans 'WOLEXIT' by lifezone247(m): 1:04pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has announced his 'WOLEXIT" as he announced his intention to hold a private funeral on Donald Trump's inauguration, January 20, 2017.
Soyinka, who addressed the media on ‘The green god and the idolatory of mutants,' said he's embarrassed occupying the same nation space with some Nigerians.
Read Soyinka's exact words at the news conference in Lagos.
“Our common sense is totally lost. I am embarrassed sometimes that I occupy the same nation space with some people.
“Where is the arrogance coming from? What right do they have to tell me that I have no right to take a decision in a particular way? I never took orders from (the late) Sani Abacha, why should I take orders from you? Let us have a little respect and spirit of tolerance. I can decide whether to use a garden shell or scissors for my Green Card.
"What is the business of any Nigerian to challenge me on my decision? Barbarians have taken over the country using the anonymity of the Internet. They sit somewhere writing about me, questioning the right of me to express myself.
“I am not an entertainer. Why should I entertain you on that? I am a dramatist. When I say I have done something, Ogun is my guiding spirit on it. Maybe I should be exiting Nigeria and not the US. People that one dedicated one’s life of struggle to can be so slavish in mentality to query the right of their champions to freedom of expression,” he added.
“If I decide to leave the US, it is my personal decision and not that of the millipedes of the Internet, who claw at any excuse. I don’t know what the excitation is. Why do Nigerians tend to weep more than the bereaved? Trump is not really my business. He has been elected. He should do his work.
"There are born-again humans in all areas, why not in politics? Even the stock exchange reacted to Trump’s election. I also reacted in my own way. There is freedom of expression. We have far too many illiterates in this country.’’
http://pulse.ng/local/soyinka-read-exact-words-of-nobel-laureate-as-he-plans-wolexit-id5858097.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=daily-2016-12-06

Re: Read Exact Words Of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, As He Plans 'WOLEXIT' by AloyalNigerian(m): 1:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
shocked shocked
Re: Read Exact Words Of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, As He Plans 'WOLEXIT' by MrEverest(m): 1:26pm On Dec 06, 2016
Nigerians should take it easy on Soyinka, the man is obviously pained!
Re: Read Exact Words Of Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka, As He Plans 'WOLEXIT' by Franky826: 7:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Oga, gerra here mhen...
Know wha'm sayin' undecided

(1) (Reply)

Lets Just Be Friends / Abel's Journal...( It Took A Bucket Of Water) / Abel's Journal 2. (My Ex Girlfriend On My Mind)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.