Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,520 members, 7,836,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? (585 Views)

Nigeria Is The ‘World Champion’ In Population Growth Rate / Population Figure: Stop Misinforming The Public - Itsekiri Leaders Warn Ijaw / Tell Me What Makes You Support A United Nigeria..except That It The Popular Take (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by Bale1(m): 4:54pm On Dec 06, 2016
One of my view point that is always controversial is my opinion about population control and management. to cut the story short I believe that the population of a country should be controlled by the government through various birth policies in other to maximise the enjoyment of the available resources. it can be observed from close examination what over population has caused or will cause to families, nations and the world due to rapid depletion of available resources.
Although it is not the cause of nigeria's failure which could be linked to failed leadership.
would you support birth control in Nigeria and why?
#BaleGodbless#
Re: Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by IamISRAEL(m): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2016
What are you gonna gain debating since you want to turn us all to debaters?
Re: Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by omowolewa: 5:09pm On Dec 06, 2016
Yes, because of some Nairaland posts
Re: Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by mykeljosef: 12:39am On Dec 07, 2016
it should be emphasized in the nothern part..

one poor bas trad who preek deu scratch will go and born 50 chirren he cant take care of

1 Like

Re: Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by Blue3k(m): 1:04am On Dec 07, 2016
No because it's none of your or the governments concern about how many babies a free citezens have. They should not have any power to force anyone to stop having children unless they are guilty of a crime. As in doing some criminal like abusing your children. Other case being commiting crime that land person in prison.

The government of Nigerian doesn't have welfare state so individual bear the cost of their decisions anyway. The only thing we have close to that is allocation system.

Providing birth control options I'd ok with me. The choice ultimately is for the people in relationships.

Bale1:
I believe that the population of a country should be controlled by the government through various birth policies in other to maximise the enjoyment of the available resources.

I don't understand guys like you who always want master to lord over you. Why would you want bureaucracy making arbitrary rules for your household your supposed to be in charge of. Do you feel inadequate for the task of family planning?

You want government that's failed to manage resources it had monopoly on to succeed in your family planning. They ran oil refineries to the ground. They failed at generating electricity with vast gas, coal, solar and hydro resouces. They failed at running telephones monopoly. lastly they failed utilizing vast mineral resouces.

As economy improves the desire to have more children falls. It's poor countries generally that have a lot of kids.
Re: Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by QuotaSystem: 5:49am On Dec 07, 2016
The fact is that population control is important in any modern society desirous of progress.

Without knowledge of population levels and without the ability to forecast future levels, how will planning take place?

A society that knows it's birth rate will be able to plan the number of schools and other infrastructure that will be needed in the next ten years to avoid overcrowding, and prepare for it. It will be able to budget for clinics and required staffing levels, and be able estimate the state's future workforce and retirement rates which will guide policy formulation for advancement. Japan for instance currently has an aging population which they have prepared for by ensuring availability of retirement homes and health programs for the aged, and by formulating policies which encourage child bearing by younger Japanese.

Population control in my opinion is necessary in any developing society.
Re: Would You Support Population/birth Control In Nigeria And Why Or Why Not? by andersonbaba(f): 9:00am On Dec 07, 2016
yes I will support it and my reasons are not far fetched :
1. To reduce poverty- It has been established that a country with a very high population will have a high poverty rate.

2. To reduce crimes- Where a country is well to do, the rate of crime in that country would be reduced to the barest minimum

3. To help control a balanced economy - Research has show that a very populated country is usually prone to economic instability. the reason is because, you will not be able to have an accurate statistical ratio of building the economy on facts but fictitious numbers except a census is conducted

4. To help reduce the high rate of importation - it is trite fact that countries with high population are not able to cater for the needs of their citizen thereby subjecting them to massive importation in order to augment for their lapses.

5. To protect the unity of a state- If you look at the existence of man, you will know that the larger the number, the more divisible they become. e. USSR, China, etc

(1) (Reply)

How Governor Mimiko Funded The Certificate Legal Warfare Against Buhari / APC Is A Viable Platform To Change Nigeria — Jonathan’s Ex-aide / Would Indimi Have Asked To Marry Zahra If Buhari Had Lost The 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.