Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:01 PM

Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians (502 Views)

Bauchi: Herdsmen Make Fresh Demands From Government / Jigawa Visit: Allow People See Me, Buhari Tells Security Agencies / 10 Crucial Mistakes I Want To Stop Making In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Jahelastic(m): 7:29pm On Dec 06, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday asked Nigerian elite to stop making what he called expensive demands from his administration because things would no longer be done in the old way.
He warned them to stop insisting that things should be done the old way which impoverished the nation.
The President spoke during a meeting he had with a group of Nigerians in the Diaspora, on the margins of the 3rd Dakar International Forum on Peace and Security in Africa in Dakar, Senegal.

According to a statement by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, the President said his administration was on the right track to improve the image of the country by entrenching accountability and probity in governance.

He told the 11-man Nigerian delegation of association leaders resident in Senegal and Cote D’ Ivoire, that the last 16 years of poor handling of the nation’s resources and infrastructure have continued to impact negatively on the country.

The President, “This administration is pleased we won the election, we are pleased Nigerians are cooperating with us. But the problems are so enormous that we need the cooperation of Nigerians, particularly the elite.

“They (elite) should reflect on the condition of the country, and stop making expensive demands because things cannot be done the old way.”

On the welfare of Nigerians in the Diaspora, Buhari assured them that the Federal Government would continue to promote good neighbourliness and improve the negative perception about Nigerians abroad.

“Nigerians are known for their competitiveness and I am very passionate about Nigeria. I will continue to preach good neighbourliness and work hard to improve the numerous human and material resources in the country,” he said.

http://jahelastic..com.ng/2016/12/stop-making-expensive-demands-from-me.html?m=0
Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by vcente(m): 7:31pm On Dec 06, 2016
Naso
Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Blakjewelry(m): 7:34pm On Dec 06, 2016
Why e be say na when he travel he dey talk, abi he dey fear wey he dey naija
Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by softMarket(m): 7:53pm On Dec 06, 2016
PMB - I will make $1 equal to N1

Nigerians- fullfill ur promise!
Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Jahelastic(m): 8:06pm On Dec 06, 2016
Blakjewelry:
Why e be say na when he travel he dey talk

As you have noticed bro, he only talks when ever he goes out of the country.
Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:07pm On Dec 06, 2016
We are no longer asking President Buhari
to develop Nigeria.
At this point, we are only asking him to
return Nigeria to the state it was before he
(Buhari) became President on May 29, 2015.
*Return our dear Naira to 170 per Dollar
*Return our bag of rice to N7,500
*Return our bankers to their jobs
*Return the over 400 multinational companies
that relocated out of this country back to
Nigeria.
*Return the thousands of Nigerians you made
jobless back to their respective jobs.
*Return our economy to the fastest growing
economy in Africa.
*Return Dangote back to his position as the
richest man in Afirca.
*Return our only indigenous car
manufacturing company, INNOSON Motors,
back to production.
*Return free, fair and credible elections.
Pls Your Excellency, President Mohammadu
Buhari, forget about adding anything new,
just do these and we will ask for no more.
# BuhariBringBackOurNigeria

1 Like

Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by fran6co(m): 8:13pm On Dec 06, 2016
hmm I just can't fit say hw this statement de vex me.
Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Chikelue2000(m): 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2016
If only I have AK47, dis man should just shut up

So angry

I don't even know who voted for dis man

What criteria was used

1 Like

Re: Stop Making Expensive Demands From Me, Buhari Tells Nigerians by Timmypromise(m): 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2016
Even the lazy one's want Buhari to wash their cloth.
#Do Something

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eyaa!! See What MMM 'ers' Did To This Guy.. / MMM Has Not Crashed / 25 Dec. & 1st Jan. Celebrations Paused Till 14th Jan 2017 For Some Nigerians!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.