Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,217 members, 7,836,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

5 Quotes From President Buhari's 2016 New Year Message - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 5 Quotes From President Buhari's 2016 New Year Message (420 Views)

10 Key Quotes From President Buhari’s 2018 Democracy Day Speech / Saraki Vs IGP: Photos From President Buhari's Meeting With Senate Delegation / The 7 Strong Candidates That Are Ready To Take Over From President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Quotes From President Buhari's 2016 New Year Message by Thepasserby(m): 9:57pm On Dec 06, 2016
5 Quotes from President Buhari's 2016 new year message

2016 has been a great year in Nigeria. It's just some days left before 2017 comes around and I was reading through previous events on palmchat When I came across President Buhari's new year speech as posted by the vanguard newspaper.

I was able to deduce five quotes from the 500 word speech delivered on 1st January 2016. Find below the quotes that really touched my heart.

1. I am aware

He said and I quote "I am aware that Nigerians have experienced a number of significant hardships over the past months. Living in the State House has not alienated me from your daily sufferings. I am aware of the lengthy queues at fuel stations and of the difficulties businesses have faced in acquiring foreign exchange. These challenges are only temporary; we are working to make things better.

2. I want to be a leader who keeps his promises

I must confess, this better lines are deep.
“When I presented myself to you as a presidential candidate and asked you to vote for me, I wanted to be a leader who keeps his promises. I wanted to be a leader who restores the people’s hope in those elected to serve them. I wanted to be a leader who initiates positive and enduring change.

3. Nigerians will enjoy the fruit of our labour

During his speech, He categorically assured Nigerians of better days ahead by saying that “Nigerians will in due course begin to enjoy the fruits of all our ongoing work".

4. This government will not rest until normalcy is restored to areas affected by Boko haram insurgency.

5. He also charged all ministers to Make sure Nigerians experience positive changes in their lives in 2016. This was How He put it:
“There is much work to do in other areas as well and I have charged all my ministers and other appointees to ensure that Nigerians experience positive changes in their lives in 2016."

Baba has spoken some 12 months ago concerning our country. What's your say on the speech and the outcome we experienced in 2016?

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com
Re: 5 Quotes From President Buhari's 2016 New Year Message by angeltolly(f): 10:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
One chance tongue

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Food For Thought / Magu:serap Drags Senate To Un,says Allegations Against Him Politically Motivated / [BREAKING] Students Beat Up Cross River Governor’s Special Adviser Over Unpaid ‘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.