Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos (538 Views)

300 Workers Resign From Pastor Paul Adefarasin’s House On The Rock Church / Timi Dakolo Reacts To Busola Demanding N10 Million From Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo / Herbalist Kwaku Bonsam Enters Church To Collect His Juju From Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by Uchesdiaries: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2016
The Lagos State Government have rescued 12 children from the custody of a Pastor, Onoyngu Chibuike, the founder of Voice of Salvation Charitable Organisation, who had been operating an illegal orphanage in Ojo since 2010.

According to The Nation, Chibuike was arrested, last week, when one of the children took ill and was taken to hospital for medical attention. Enquiries from the hospital about the medical history of the indisposed child revealed that Chibuike’s orphanage is not registered under the Lagos State Government.
During interrogation, the pastor claimed that he received a call from God to start the orphanage over six years ago to rescue helpless children from societal vices and misdemeanour and thus registered the orphanage with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in 2010.

He said:

"I am from Anambra State. I am called by God to render this service to humanity by helping the less privileged, such as widows, motherless children and homeless people.

I provide adequate care for these children till their parents can take over their care. For those that were abandoned, I train them even up to university level.

Some of these children here were brought to me by the police or their biological mothers, who in some instances claimed they had the children out of wedlock and they cannot attend to the needs of the children or shoulder their responsibilities."

The Commissioner for Youth and Social Development, Mrs Uzamat Akinbile Yussuf, however, told the pastor that disciplinary actions would be taken against him, as ignorance is not an excuse under the law.

She said:

"Your registration with CAC does not give you any licence to operate an orphanage in Lagos. Orphanage is not a charitable organization. You don’t just operate at will, being led by the Holy Spirit to assist the less privileged is a good idea but you have to operate within the ambit of the law."

12 of the 15 children in his custody have immediately been taken over by the government. Chibuike was handed over to law enforcement agents for further investigation and disciplinary actions.

http://www.uchesdiaries.com/2016/12/police-rescue-12-kids-from-pastors-home.html

Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by HungerBAD: 8:31am On Dec 07, 2016
The Law is the Law.

I don't care what anybody says about this man's intentions, but this man is running a nasty business here. This man was not operating any Orphanage, even if it was an illegal one.

What people like him do, and there are a lot of them in Nigeria like this do, is to look for orphaned kids, or sweet talk some very poor parents into either selling their kids, or telling them he will offer them a good life and the parents will entrust them to him.

These guys in turn now turn around, and start selling these Kids to people who are either looking for kids of their own,sometimes they are contracted into househelps and even in some worse case scenario, sold to even ritualists.

But the prime buyers for kids like these are those foreign based Nigerians.

This is exactly why the United States started the DNA thing, for those who come to Nigeria and file for kids claiming to be theirs. Hundreds of Nigerians have been exposed and arrested at the US Embassy. It is so popular now, that some other Countries have started emulating this at their own embassies.

A man that claims to be a Pastor, and knows he is committing a crime(sin) by operating an illegal orphanage, and yet want us to believe him?why did he not name the Policemen or Station that were handing kids over to him?what Church does he Pastor?what are his Source of revenue that all of a sudden wants to make him start want to help kids?why not help the kids parents instead of requesting their kids from them?

This man is no Pastor, he knows what game he is playing.

3 Likes

Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by IykeChukz(m): 8:32am On Dec 07, 2016
"Your registration with CAC does not give you any licence to operate an orphanage in Lagos. Orphanage is not a charitable organization. You don’t just operate at will, being led by the Holy Spirit to assist the less privileged is a good idea but you have to operate within the ambit of the law."

The only error here is that he uses the concept of Orphanage rather than Charitable Organization which his lawyer can easily change as "Innocent Misrepresentation" since it has been proven that it was registered with CAC.

You want to blackmail someone who has been into such charity since 2010...

For those that wanna quote me, read his comment once more...

"I am from Anambra State. I am called by God to render this service to humanity by helping the less privileged, such as widows, motherless children and homeless people.

I provide adequate care for these children till their parents can take over their care. For those that were abandoned, I train them even up to university level.

Some of these children here were brought to me by the police or their biological mothers, who in some instances claimed they had the children out of wedlock and they cannot attend to the needs of the children or shoulder their responsibilities."

He even deserve National Honour!!!

1 Like

Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by herzern1(m): 8:33am On Dec 07, 2016

Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by jumper524(m): 8:37am On Dec 07, 2016
abeg make una leave the pastor. i actually taught he was a kidnapper bt no he was trying to reduce poverty in the land, infact the gov't should reward this act.

2 Likes

Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by hopefulLandlord: 8:41am On Dec 07, 2016
Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by dikerebel(m): 8:47am On Dec 07, 2016
the children are looking good
Re: Police Rescue 12 Kids From Pastor's Home In Lagos by Nutase: 8:53am On Dec 07, 2016
Eya

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Be Discouraged, God Is Near. / Good people Great Nation / Photos + Video: Members Of The Lord’s Chosen Perform Stunt On The Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.