Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,900 members, 7,834,996 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo (41165 Views)

Rare Four Generations Pictures / Adorable Four Generations Photos Of A Nigerian Family / Great Grandma Stuns In This Four Generations Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Divay22(f): 11:52pm On Dec 07, 2016
lovely..... wish i i i i i i i hmmm
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by ladyF(f): 12:03am On Dec 08, 2016
femi4:
she don get job (police job) now

lol I never get job o. Biko epp me grin
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by dayleke: 12:05am On Dec 08, 2016
UuzbaGuuzba:
Men have generational pictures too. Infact I have, My grandad, dad, myself and son. But it shall not be on this type of forum. There's no age restrictions here. And anybody can just leave you and your generation with deep insults.

Bro,
U just got me rolling on d floor here.
U too funny o.
Lol@leave you and your generation with deep insults.
Thats NL for you.
Can you even imagine some pple saying d OP get time?
Interests are not d same na...
NLers I hail thee...

3 Likes

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Girlbestfriend(f): 12:31am On Dec 08, 2016
this is beautiful

embarassed
I wish I met my GGM

1 Like

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by chidexy101(m): 1:29am On Dec 08, 2016
Tobycharles:
ur own pass FBI
funny
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by bigfrancis21: 2:41am On Dec 08, 2016
lagosmp3:
“Last week I took it upon myself to visit my wife’s grandmother in a village in Edo State. It has been over 10 years since I saw her and I had a feeling she might not be around for as long as we think.

At 92, you could literally say she’s seen her share of what life has to offer especially when she has witnessed 4 generations of life. It was a 25-hours roundtrip roadtrip that was worth every minute of it. I wanted to document the lineage of the one I considered to have been priviledged to call wife for over 10 years.

I would eventually take the following conceptual picture of my grandma-inlaw, my mother-inlaw, my wife, and my daughter. I wanted to document the family in a way that was different from the family portraits I had taken in the past. Looking at the picture, I eventually got more insights to life than I had envisaged.

Life is indeed beautiful regardless of the trials one has been through. When I look at the picture I see a woman in her 90s who had experienced 4 miscarriages before giving birth to my mother inlaw. I see a woman in her 60s who has lost her husband and is the definition of a strong and virtuous woman. I see a woman in her 30s whose relationship with me can be likened to the undeserved grace God extended towards the Gentiles: I didn’t deserve her but God favored me. I see a woman in her 3s (if there’s something like that, or what will I call a 3.5 years old girl) whose confidence, beauty and intelligence still manages to amuse me every day. What do you see when you look at this portrait of 4 generations?”

Source: http://lagosmp3.com/2016/12/07/check-amazing-five-generations-nigerian-family-photo/

This is nice. I've seen 5 generations before. It was amazing. The 5th generation saw his great great grandmother who is 92 years old.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by bigfrancis21: 2:43am On Dec 08, 2016
willian10:
Since I've been seeing generation pictures like this, na only female i do see, why not male

Due to a couple of reasons. Men marry late in life and also tend to die off early than women due to being risk takers.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by paradigmshift(m): 3:00am On Dec 08, 2016
copy copy Linda ikeji
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Codes151(m): 4:37am On Dec 08, 2016
femi4:
she don get job (police job) now
ohhhh!!! That's nice!! Hmmm! Dem go hear am for deir
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by sisisioge: 5:25am On Dec 08, 2016
Hmmmm... time on their faces. Whew! Me just dey pause the next generation anyhow!
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by femi4: 5:26am On Dec 08, 2016
ladyF:

lol I never get job o. Biko epp me grin
I saw your name on the list grin
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Bishop4bella(m): 5:48am On Dec 08, 2016
What am seeing in this picture is the stages human passes through on earth. Better still I call it life circle of human beings. 3.5yrs when you rely on ur parents for everything and act like a child bcoz u ar still one. At 30yrs a lot in d mind and a lot you been through [education career marriage family abilities investment issues] just name it you find it there. 60yrs hmmmmm decrease in abilities, retirement from works. You are a gra ma or pa. 90yrs! It only takes the grace of God. Either great decrease in abilities or at minimum. Ones become under 3.5yrs again and may not be so because we have 90+who are active.

2 Likes

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by peterveo(m): 5:54am On Dec 08, 2016
All I see in this photo is God's love and grace.

2 Likes

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by bart10: 6:02am On Dec 08, 2016
willian10:
Since I've been seeing generation pictures like this, na only female i do see, why not male

Male no dey fit reach four generations now. Too much wahala go don kaput one generation before the other undecided

2 Likes

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Tobycharles: 6:26am On Dec 08, 2016
LastMumu:
Has anyone else ever wondered why all these pictures of different generations are always women? You can never see one picture like this for men. Why?
who said it can't begin with u

1 Like

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 08, 2016
This is simply lovely,wish my fore mothers were alive...lol.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by akuto: 7:43am On Dec 08, 2016
i love this. beautiful
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by laprince(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
sonnie10:
Beautiful. Although their nose decreases with each subsequent generation

That's the first thing I noticed. And this is a literal display in my own father's family in Edo State.

My late grandma has that kinda cute pointed nose, and it went literally downhill (though pointed). As it stands my nose points downward more than forward.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by tivta(m): 7:53am On Dec 08, 2016
Why is it always females? Come to my family and see 3 generations, all males...
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by chocodaviva(f): 8:05am On Dec 08, 2016
beauty runs in there blood
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by chocodaviva(f): 8:06am On Dec 08, 2016
tivta:
Why is it always females? Come to my family and see 3 generations, all males...

to av three males generation is a rare blessing
take a moment to thank God and cherish dem

3 Likes

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by mamajaz(f): 8:10am On Dec 08, 2016
BarakOkenny:
Who dem EPP?
Badt belle
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Toshiba49ja(m): 9:05am On Dec 08, 2016
bigfrancis21:

Due to a couple of reasons. Men marry late in life and also tend to die off early than women due to being risk takers.

Hehe hehe.... Comof eet jhor....
Women don't take risks?

1 Like

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by iykebest1(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2016
Bestlily:
Lovely
why are you so beautiful?
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Toshiba49ja(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2016
chocodaviva:

to av three males generation is a rare blessing
take a moment to thank God and cherish dem

Na so oo grin
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Olamilekan08(m): 9:23am On Dec 08, 2016
Beautifully beautiful.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by Boyooosa(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2016
@op, according to your question "What do you see when you look at this portrait of 4 generations?”, what I see is: Creativity in the Photographs, skills in your write-up and blessing all around you. I pray that God takes nothing out of what he has gifted you among these blessings... well a self desired prayer sha.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by tivta(m): 1:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
chocodaviva:

to av three males generation is a rare blessing take a moment to thank God and cherish dem
Now that I think about it, you are right. Thanks.
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by weebee(f): 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2016
This is so lovely
Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by MrGerald(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2016
lagosmp3:
“Last week I took it upon myself to visit my wife’s grandmother in a village in Edo State. It has been over 10 years since I saw her and I had a feeling she might not be around for as long as we think.

At 92, you could literally say she’s seen her share of what life has to offer especially when she has witnessed 4 generations of life. It was a 25-hours roundtrip roadtrip that was worth every minute of it. I wanted to document the lineage of the one I considered to have been priviledged to call wife for over 10 years.

I would eventually take the following conceptual picture of my grandma-inlaw, my mother-inlaw, my wife, and my daughter. I wanted to document the family in a way that was different from the family portraits I had taken in the past. Looking at the picture, I eventually got more insights to life than I had envisaged.

Life is indeed beautiful regardless of the trials one has been through. When I look at the picture I see a woman in her 90s who had experienced 4 miscarriages before giving birth to my mother inlaw. I see a woman in her 60s who has lost her husband and is the definition of a strong and virtuous woman. I see a woman in her 30s whose relationship with me can be likened to the undeserved grace God extended towards the Gentiles: I didn’t deserve her but God favored me. I see a woman in her 3s (if there’s something like that, or what will I call a 3.5 years old girl) whose confidence, beauty and intelligence still manages to amuse me every day. What do you see when you look at this portrait of 4 generations?”

Source: http://lagosmp3.com/2016/12/07/check-amazing-five-generations-nigerian-family-photo/
Nnaa mehn...this is beautiful

1 Like

Re: Four Generations Nigerian Family Photo by adebopo: 4:35am On Dec 09, 2016
luvly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Police Arrest 6 For Accusing Woman Of Killing Husband With Overdose Sex / Delta Man Marks 10th Wedding Anniversary, Rides Wife In Helicopter To Mountain / Little Girls Reaction To Moms Threat After She Stole A Candy Trends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.