Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,845 members, 7,841,205 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' (677 Views)

Native Doctor Offers 'Solution' To End The Rate Of Corruption In Nigeria. Photo / Adebayo Shittu Reacts To Victor Oluwadamilare's Allegations Of Corruption / Appointment Of Dead Men Into Boards Of Parastatals: Presidency Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by zakim(m): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2016
Mrs Gloria Shoda, President, National Council of Women’s Societies (NCWS), has said that pressure from women push men into acts of corruption.

She made the statement on Wednesday in Abuja at the launch of the Nigerian Women Against Corruption (WAC) Project organised by the EFCC in collaboration with the Office of the Wife of the President.

She disagreed with the popular belief that women are not corrupt, saying it was pressures mounted by women that push the men into acts of corruption.

Shoda said: “they say women are not corrupt, but I have a different opinion. Corruption starts at home, and women are the people that make the men corrupt.

“You sow the seed of corruption by pressuring your husband for “aso-ebi’’, comparing him to others, and hiding to bribe your children with money.

“You drive corruption by buying cars for your female children attending universities, and by marching to the police station to report teachers for cautioning your children in school.

“Those of you who are traders, short-change your customers by manipulating the measures you use in selling rice and `garri;’ is that not corruption?

“You go to your husband’s pocket when he is asleep and steal some money; is that not corruption?’’

The NCWS president said women could help their husbands stop corruption by questioning the sources of their money when they begin to live above their means.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/-women-push-men-into-acts-of-corruption/174954.html#qJ7MEOd0HULQ3Kiu.99

2 Likes

Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by vitalisdiho(m): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
God bless you my dear

1 Like

Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by sarrki(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2016
Good women won't

Controversial and unstable women does

A Good wife builds her home
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by thesicilian: 9:35pm On Dec 07, 2016
Very true. The desire to satisfy a woman can make a man do unspeakable things. Unfortunately when the man gets into trouble the woman will just leave and find another man.

2 Likes

Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by Neozy(m): 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2016
Very True. I Have A Female Friend Like That Who Used To Say She Can't Marry A Man Who Can't Buy Her A Car B4 Or Immediately After Wedding. I'm Not Giving Excuse For Any Man To Be Poor But If I Don't Have Money, Will I Go And Steal? That One No Even Pain Me, She Now Friendzone My Friend (who Is Not Dat Rich) And She's Now Dating A Richer Guy.

1 Like

Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by idupaul: 10:01pm On Dec 07, 2016
sarrki:
Good women won't

Controversial and unstable women does

A Good wife builds her home

All women do jare..Just open your eyes every woman no matter how nice and homely must always drop hints that makes a man become materialistic...There is a way your wife sef will be too good to you you will want to be corrupt so you can spoil her ..I know what I am saying ooo
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by MONITZ: 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2016
idupaul:

All women do jare..Just open your eyes every woman no matter how nice and homely must always drop hints that makes a man become materialistic...There is a way your wife sef will be too good to you you will want to be corrupt so you can spoil her ..I know what I am saying ooo

Mr.Idu,u neva dissapoint me with ur views except just once and u know that very topic where we were like two opposite ends of a pole. ....... That being said,I don't know how most people see life even with so many examples abounding,women are a materialistic lot,even with the ones that look calm and unambitious, they all like to be spoiled silly by their men....

Abi Woman neva tell u say see wetin ur mates dey do b4?
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by idupaul: 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2016
MONITZ:

Mr.Idu,u neva dissapoint me with ur views except just once and u know that very topic where we were like two opposite ends of a pole. ....... That being said,I don't know how most people see life even with so many examples abounding,women are a materialistic lot,even with the ones that look calm and unambitious, they all like to be spoiled silly by their men....

Abi Woman neva tell u say see wetin ur mates dey do b4?

LOL yes I remember that topic oo .... you are right as men even when we go to hangout we are never materialistic till one or two women arrive then suddenly you start to see changes in what we are ordering sef.
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by Nobody: 10:56pm On Dec 07, 2016
The notion that women push men into corrupt acts is utterly outlandish, shouldn't a man have a mind of his own to be able to discern between 'rights' and 'wrong' Are his peers out there not engaged in genuine ventures?.

Making silly excuses for corrupt people.

1 Like

Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by Atiku2019: 10:59pm On Dec 07, 2016
lipsrsealed
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by freeze001(f): 11:30pm On Dec 07, 2016
I wonder when women will stop being their own enemies, stop pulling down fellow women and stop taking the blame for irresponsible activities of men!

Women will be d first to blame a female victim of rape that she was indecently dressed; if d victim is a minor, they'll look for her mother to blame for the actions of a paedophile. Same women are first to maltreat fellow women who lose their husbands, accusing them of murder as if they aren't wives too. Who accuses a man of murdering his wife even when he's a violent beast that probably beats her to death? It is still women that accuse fellow women of 'snatching' men as if the man is an invalid that has no mind or will. They will rather fight a fellow woman than address d greedy lout that cannot peacefully honour his marital vows.

How can a woman claim that women cause men to be corrupt? Everyone should bear their crosses please! Men that sell in d mkt also shortchange their customers.
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:31am On Dec 08, 2016
Most times ladies PUT undue pressure on their men, pushing them to engage in corruption and other crimes to augment their income in order to satisfy their materialistic desires. BUT, the men MUST take responsibility for their own action as long as they willfully carry out to illegal acts irrespective of the drive. On the premise, I disagree with the madam
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by flamingREED(m): 2:37am On Dec 08, 2016
I can't imagine myself being pushed by a woman.

Who are you?!
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by Papertrail11(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Neozy:
Very True. I Have A Female Friend Like That Who Used To Say She Can't Marry A Man Who Can't Buy Her A Car B4 Or Immediately After Wedding. I'm Not Giving Excuse For Any Man To Be Poor But If I Don't Have Money, Will I Go And Steal? That One No Even Pain Me, She Now Friendzone My Friend (who Is Not Dat Rich) And She's Now Dating A Richer Guy.

no disrespect women's like that always end up worse like their life is dead no movement.

as if car is her birthright
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by Neozy(m): 8:10am On Dec 08, 2016
Papertrail11:

no disrespect women's like that always end up worse like their life is dead no movement.

as if car is her birthright
I Wonder O. I Take It As Pride.
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by orunto27: 8:40am On Dec 08, 2016
Correct. They first eat the forbidden Fruit and pushed men to follow. And that was the mother of corruption.
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by Boleyndynasty2(f): 9:19am On Dec 08, 2016
Mtcheeeeeew sounding like the usual APC member always looking for whom to blame. I want something and you can't afford it so you'll have to steal to please me? What nonsense is she saying? We're all a product of our thoughts. U can't go out of your way to steal and please me if a part of you doesn't want more. Even if I compare you with another man, why not follow the footsteps of the man instead of stealing to be like him? angry
Re: 'women Push Men Into Acts Of Corruption' by KingRex1(m): 9:20am On Dec 08, 2016
Lol this is quite funny.

(1) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed, Served with PMB, GEJ, Others (see Her Biography) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With Afdb And GAVI Officials / Jang’s Deputy, Others Defect To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.