Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,435 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:46 PM

How Do U Deal With Depression? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do U Deal With Depression? (566 Views)

My Fight With Depression - Man Shares Secret On How To Overcome / 6 Friends Help Their Friend Overcome Depression (Photos) / How Do U Wash Your Viginal Those Of You That Fix Long Nails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do U Deal With Depression? by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
depression is one of the worst things that can happen to anybody. You will find it very difficult to sleep and your self confidence will drop to the barest minimum. How do i know? I have suffered from dat b4 and unfortunately, am at it again; unable to sleep. The biggest contributing factor of my own depression is low self esteem. I have placed my confidence on the wrong things like looks and financial well being but unfortunately, lately those things are gone right now and am unable to keep up. I have big dreams for myself and i have been working hard to acheive dem but low self esteem have been affecting my productivity to a very large extent lately. And do you know the last thing i have lost? Happiness. Its gone completely. Sometimes i regret y i have come into this world at all to face so much suffering. But life must continue. I vow to be successful or die trying. My life is very miserable at the moment but i hope it will improve 2mao. Right now, i need u guy's advice on how to get over this prob. Where should i place my confidence? Everyday i see some very poor pple am beta than, wu are happy and living their lives. I want to be like dem for the mean time as i work to improve my life. This is very much affecting my social life. Am also thinking maybe am lacking some vitamins. Which ones do u recommend?
Re: How Do U Deal With Depression? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 07, 2016
guys please help out
Re: How Do U Deal With Depression? by Gudiza(m): 2:39am On Dec 08, 2016
_

*EXERCISE - This one really helped me...Exercise, especially marathon running will relieve mental stress and physically burn you out, reduce your blood pressure making your tired so you can relax and sleep comfortably.

*MUSIC - download a music track with meaningful lyrics from one of your favourite musicians. Copy the lyrics as well, play it and sing along loud. Try this one I've been listening 'bird set free' by Sia or something more mellow like 'love's divine' by Seal.

*TALK TO YOURSELF/MEDITATE/PRAY - I cannot overstate its importance. These times you have to reassess and do some real soul searching. Ask yourself what Happiness and Success means to you. Then FOCUS on that and work in line with the directions you have identified. Always be grateful when you wake up in the morning. Try (I know this is hard) but, try every morning to think of something genuinely positive that was added to your life the previous day. Could be a smile from a total stranger etc. This sets you in a mood, on your way back to getting your confidence....

*KEEP CLEAN - Stay away from negative energy, people, ladies, etc remember ONLY think/say positive things about yourself. You need only positive encounters so you CANNOT allow your mind be distracted by things, anything (you know them) that make you feel worse and affect your health negatively.... Find that thing you enjoy most be it singing, workout, dancing, watching funny movies etc. and do it more!!!!

Easier said than done eh!! Cheers

----------
Source: (battled depression silently for years, these tips helped me survive mehn....in fact, still do them today smiley)

1 Like

Re: How Do U Deal With Depression? by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2016
Gudiza:
_

*EXERCISE - This one really helped me...Exercise, especially marathon running will relieve mental stress and physically burn you out, reduce your blood pressure making your tired so you can relax and sleep comfortably.

*MUSIC - download a music track with meaningful lyrics from one of your favourite musicians. Copy the lyrics as well, play it and sing along loud. Try this one I've been listening 'bird set free' by Sia or something more mellow like 'love's divine' by Seal.

*TALK TO YOURSELF/MEDITATE/PRAY - I cannot overstate its importance. These times you have to reassess and do some real soul searching. Ask yourself what Happiness and Success means to you. Then FOCUS on that and work in line with the directions you have identified. Always be grateful when you wake up in the morning. Try (I know this is hard) but, try every morning to think of something genuinely positive that was added to your life the previous day. Could be a smile from a total stranger etc. This sets you in a mood, on your way back to getting your confidence....

*KEEP CLEAN - Stay away from negative energy, people, ladies, etc remember ONLY think/say positive things about yourself. You need only positive encounters so you CANNOT allow your mind be distracted by things, anything (you know them) that make you feel worse and affect your health negatively.... Find that thing you enjoy most be it singing, workout, dancing, watching funny movies etc. and do it more!!!!

----------
Source: (battled depression silently for years, these tips helped me survive mehn....in fact, still do them today smiley)

thanks bro i will try dem
i have a question though. Wen it comes to self esteem, where do u normally place ur confidence?

1 Like

Re: How Do U Deal With Depression? by Yinkey6(m): 9:57am On Dec 08, 2016
Gudiza:
_

----------

Good Tips Thou..

(1) (Reply)

Live Healthier Lifestyle In 2017 And Beyond / How To Choose Best Hospital In India For Medical Treatment / Get A Natural Glow This Valentine’s With Ayurvedic Skin Care Combo Products!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.