Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash (2377 Views)

OMG: Female Bomber Blows Up Redeem Church In Potiskom Yobe State[photo] / Photo: Nyanya Bomb Blast Victim Begs FCT Minister To Redeem Pledge Made To Her / Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed For £2.7million Lottery Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by marcustan(m): 11:52am On Jan 09, 2007
Yes indeed i need ur help bt its ma friend dat won d lottery 4rm a foreign company he wudnt disclose.Bt he said they re legit.I want 2 help him so i cud get something.He won a lot of cash and they want to pay him via wire transfer.He has no international account and he doesnt know how to get it down.And i too am bereft of ideas.
So i wish u gyz cud fill me in on wat to tell him to do.
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by naijacutee(f): 12:07pm On Jan 09, 2007
Did he play any lottery?

If you win the lottery, who is supposed to pay who? You or them?

I can guarantee you 100% that once he wires the money over, he'll never hear from them again.

Na wa o, people are so gullible. I need to start my own lottery syndicate business. It seems this is a very lucrative field! At least this guy will patronise me. . .
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by tEsLim(m): 6:31pm On Jan 09, 2007
dem go scam both of u. be streetwise

1 Like

Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by jerrymania(m): 1:38am On Jan 10, 2007
make una dey read well before una yarn
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by naijacutee(f): 10:07am On Jan 10, 2007
Ok, o. Sorry I didn't read it properly, it's just that these days, there is a fish to be smelt everywhere.
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by Analytical(m): 11:08am On Jan 10, 2007
If you are so sure this is not a scam, let him open a new account, ensure there is zero balance in the account, then forward the details of the account to them. When the money is transfered and cashed, close the account. Simple!
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by Labans(m): 11:19am On Jan 10, 2007
@ Marcustan please advice your friend to be very careful, this scam guys can come in diffrent form.
I wish him best of luck.
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by Reverend(m): 11:29am On Jan 10, 2007
The whole online lottery game is a scam. I get about 20 of them a day. They want to wire money, pay cash, send it via a certified bankers cheque  tongue tongue

There are ways that they can sting you with all the above methods.

There is nearly always a fee involved. You will be asked to pay for some services  or taxes etc.

If they send you a cheque, they will ask you to bank it and once it has cleared to send them their fee via Western Union, the preferred system of payment for Yahoo boys. You may think that there is no risk as you will have the cheque cleared first. Well, what happens is that the bank clears the cheque after 3 - 4 days and you transfer the fee via WMU to the scammers. It takes about two weeks for the cheque to come back from the issuing bank as a fake,  Guess who is liable for any losses.  The bank? - NO  undecided  The Scammers? - NO  undecided  YOU?  CORRECT  sad

Maybe you think that giving a bank account for wire transfer is also safe? Well then think again  undecided

The fraudsters did not wire you cash from his account, he actually deposited a cheque (check) into your bank account. The bank honor the deposit after initially clearing the cheque, and add the funds to your account. Some weeks later, it will be discovered that the cheque was counterfeit, fake or even stolen, and they seize the funds back from your account. This leaves you a double victim and money gone from your account. You may be under scrutiny from your banks' fraud department, or even the police as a result.

Worse, would be if you had been overpaid, and sent the balance (as instructed by the buyer) to someone else. There is no way to recover these funds, and regardless of any small print in the banking terms and conditions, the bank will NOT give you the money back again!

You thought the whole time that the money was wired when one of the scammers has just banked a fake cheque into your account  undecided This is called flashing  sad sad

DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. THIS IS 100% A SCAM. Most of the lottery scams are operated by Nigerians out of Spain and Holland, but there are many operating out of Nigeria as well.

If you are interested in checking out the 1000's of formats these guys use then visit www.urgentmessage.org  undecided

THERE ARE NO ONLINE LOTTERY GAMES WHERE YOU WIN A FORTUNE (Even though you do not play)

Do not be stupid  sad  

One last point. Those of you in this forum that think that the 419 scumbags and filthy criminals are some kind of folk heroes then think again. They do not care who they steal from, whites, blacks, churches, old ladies, sick people,

All they care about is the money  wink

, Forget 'Chop my Dollar', It is time for honest Nigerians everywhere to 'Chop these Cancerous Filth' off the face of the planet lipsrsealed

You have been warned

3 Likes

Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by layi(m): 12:30am On Jan 11, 2007
The question is : Did you apply for a lottery? How can you win if you didnt apply?

Eni n wa ifa n wa ofo,
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by marcustan(m): 10:54am On Jan 11, 2007
Thanks every1 4 ur various opinions.I took out time to talk to talk him about the whole thing taking Revrends advice.I also gave him the URL dat Revrend put on his 1st post in this topic,and guess what? it was a SCAM.The company(he later revealed 2 me) is Euromillion Belgium.Every1 shud b aware of these and Rev said'they cud come in different forms.
Thanks again evry1 Rev,Naijacute,Teslim,jerry,goodguy and all.
U all were gud
Cheers:-):-)
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by Passionate888: 7:03pm On May 26, 2020
FRAUD
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by Hoodbilonia: 10:00pm On May 26, 2020
Once i heard wire
I don knowsay na all those malware pop out adds for chrome,browser.
Dem wan nack u apako like dis
Lotto for corona time.
Ogun kill devil
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by corvell: 8:57am On May 01, 2023
I think that winning the lottery isn't as difficult as actually redeeming it. Visit 4dno.co/en/special-draws to know more of what I mean. Lottery winning can indeed get rather difficult.
Re: 'Won' A Lottery. Please How Do I Redeem Cash by OKOATA(m): 3:14pm On May 01, 2023
naijacutee:
Did he play any lottery?

If you win the lottery, who is supposed to pay who? You or them?

I can guarantee you 100% that once he wires the money over, he'll never hear from them again.

Na wa o, people are so gullible. I need to start my own lottery syndicate business. It seems this is a very lucrative field! At least this guy will patronise me. . .
kiss

(1) (Reply)

Council Seals 200 Medicine Shops In Abia / Two Sisters Sexually Assault A 22 Year-old Man And Share Photos And Video Via BB / Charity Aiyedogbon's Daughter Who Is Set To Wed July 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.