Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,149 members, 7,825,589 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 (3357 Views)

Sold. Sold. Sold. Toks Honda Accord 08 For Sale @ 2.3m / I Have A Budget Not Exceeding 1.5m For Accord 2006 / »»» Neat Honda Accord 08 @ N1.4M Negotiable ««« (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Handsomebeing(m): 9:57pm On Dec 07, 2016
I have a 2008 Honda Accord V6 and need a new engine. Anyone here that have to sell?

Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Handsomebeing(m): 12:30pm On Dec 08, 2016
Handsomebeing:
I have a 2008 Honda Accord V6 and need a new engine. Anyone here that have to sell?
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by VeeBabs(m): 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
I'm not an auto/parts dealer. Have no engine for sale.

Just curious, what happened to the current engine? No hope for a repair (engine rebuild)?

Had a 2007 Civic that crashed it's valves. Timing chain slipped. Pistons smashed into valves (you know, interference engine, bla bla bla).

Bent 8 out of 16 valves. Damaged piston rings. Would not even crank AT ALL (expectedly).

Engine was rebuilt and she moved again.

Just saying... You might want to try an engine rebuild. Find a very good Mech. Most Mechs are not capable of rebuilding an engine, hence they quickly suggest changing it once presented with the challenge.

Again, I don't know what's wrong with your engine, don't know its history, or what efforts you might have put in already up till this point.

Just saying its worth the try. They'll tell you it's NOT worth it - that you should replace it - mainly because they can't do it and get it right.

Google "Honda Accord 2008 V6 engine rebuild." Interesting info available to show you that it is, indeed, possible (and cheaper).

IF the right hands handle it.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Handsomebeing(m): 2:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
VeeBabs:

Just curious, what happened to the current engine? No hope for a repair (engine rebuild)?

Had a 2007 Civic that crashed it's valves. Timing chain slipped. Pistons smashed into valves (you know, interference engine, bla bla bla).

Bent 8 out of 16 valves. Damaged piston rings. Would not even crank AT ALL (expectedly).

Just saying... You might want to try an engine rebuild. Find a very good Mech. Most Mechs are not capable of rebuilding an engine, hence they quickly suggest changing it once presented with the challenge.

Again, I don't know what's wrong with your engine, don't know its history, or what efforts you might have put in already up till this point.

Just saying its worth the try. They'll tell you it's NOT worth it - that you should replace it - mainly because they can't do it and get it right.

Google "Honda Accord 2008 V6 engine rebuild." Interesting info available to show you that it is, indeed, possible (and cheaper).

Good luck.

Thanks for the vital info. I will look into your suggestion. My engine knocked a few months back and I bought an new engine. Since then the engine has not been same again.
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by iboboyswag(m): 2:48pm On Dec 08, 2016
Cc: Luvinhubby

I would suggest you contact the above copied. He was very helpful when I had a similar situation.

Note he is not a mechanic but a dealer in Honda parts who knows his onions and ways around the biggest Honda market in West Africa; Oyingbo.

Modified..
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by keycash: 4:17pm On Dec 08, 2016
Budget at least 600k since it's V6
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Autopartz: 5:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
Hello,

You can visit www.autopartz.com for the Engine price, and select Honda (Make) Accord (Model) and 2008 (Year) in the 'Specify Vehicle' area. Then search for Engine (Complete) in the Engine Category OR type it in the search box.

A list of registered and verified Honda Accord 2008 Engine dealers in their respective associations would be displayed.

Click on a few of them to get their contact details for the average cost.

However, AutoPartz now supply highest grade engines directly to your doorstep (backed with warranty).

If interested, send requests to 08097772886 (WhatsApp)
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by fidtopade: 6:21pm On Dec 08, 2016
VeeBabs:

Good luck.
I am facing same problem, my camry has been down for some time now. The first mechanic that touched it got it very wrong. I am aware of possibility of rebuilding the engine but how do I find a mechanic that will get it right. Can you suggest a mechanic??
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Autopartz: 2:06pm On Dec 09, 2016
Autopartz:
Hello,

You can visit www.autopartz.com for the Engine price, and select Honda (Make) Accord (Model) and 2008 (Year) in the 'Specify Vehicle' area. Then search for Engine (Complete) in the Engine Category OR type it in the search box.

A list of registered and verified Honda Accord 2008 Engine dealers in their respective associations would be displayed.

Click on a few of them to get their contact details for the average cost.

Ladipo, Oyingbo and Olowu traders are currently listed.

Thanks.
How did it go if you decided to purchase a new engine?
www.autopartz.com
Nigeria's Premier Auto Parts Marketplace
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Handsomebeing(m): 3:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
Autopartz:

How did it go if you decided to purchase a new engine?
www.autopartz.com
Nigeria's Premier Auto Parts Marketplace

I will look at the site over the weekend. Tank you very much.
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Handsomebeing(m): 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2016
keycash:
Budget at least 600k since it's V6

Jesus. For this recession?
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 11, 2016
HonMusa and Gazzuzz come we need your help here
Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by shikadance(m): 6:50am On Jul 30, 2017
I bought my engine for 550k in 2015

Re: Cost Of Engine For Accord 08 by lillyontop(m): 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2017
fidtopade:
I am facing same problem, my camry has been down for some time now. The first mechanic that touched it got it very wrong. I am aware of possibility of rebuilding the engine but how do I find a mechanic that will get it right. Can you suggest a mechanic??

I know some mechanics in ojota that can build your engine for you and if it doesn't work fine after they work I will make a refund of the money spent but if the engine can't be rebuilt they definitely tell

(1) (Reply)

Ad Renewed / Free Carfax Detailed Car Report- Vin Check. / SOLD!!! 2003 Honda Accord V6 Leather Seats (Registered) @1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.