Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,637 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV (1557 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Curriculum Vitae And Resume? / What Is The Difference Between a Cover Letter And an Application Letter? / The Difference Between A Resume And A Cv. I Bet You Didn't Know! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by realGURU(m): 11:09pm On Dec 07, 2016
NAIRALANDERS , I NEED HELP
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by Efisko1(m): 11:45pm On Dec 07, 2016
NL help dis babe pls.. undecided
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by Tonynelson(m): 4:45am On Dec 08, 2016
Abeg if u want mk them help u, put snake for the topic, u r good to go. Tnk me later grin
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 08, 2016
A Resume is a French word meaning "summary". It is ideally a summary of one's education, skills and employment when applying for a new job. A resume does not list out all details of a profile, but only some specific skills customized to the target job profile. It thus, is usually 1 or at the max 2 pages long.

A CV is more detailed than a resume, generally 2 to 3 pages, or even longer as per the requirement. It lists out every skill, all the jobs and positions held, degrees, professional affiliations the applicant has acquired, and in chronological order. A CV is used to highlight the general talent of the candidate rather than specific skills for a specific position.

A Cover Letter is usually a page you have typed in the format of any business letter in which you introduce yourself to a perspective employer. It is written to highlight the qualifications you have for the job for which you are applying and to provide the employer with additional information as to why you are a good candidate for the job.

Lastmumu

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by ammyluv2002(f): 9:22am On Dec 08, 2016
LastMumu:
A Resume is a French word meaning "summary". A resume is ideally a summary of one's education, skills and employment when applying for a new job. A resume does not list out all details of a profile, but only some specific skills customized to the target job profile. It thus, is usually 1 or at the max 2 pages long. A resume is usually written in the third person to give it an objective and formal tone.
A CV is more detailed than a resume, generally 2 to 3 pages, or even longer as per the requirement. It lists out every skill, all the jobs and positions held, degrees, professional affiliations the applicant has acquired, and in chronological order. A C.V. is used to highlight the general talent of the candidate rather than specific skills for a specific position.

A Cover Letter is usually a page you have typed in the format of any business letter in which you introduce yourself to a perspective employer. It is written to highlight the qualifications you have for the job for which you are applying and to provide the employer with additional information as to why you are a good candidate for the job.

See me sef...I dey combine resume and CV together. Chai! angry angry

Thank you, bros!
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by Alhajipablo(m): 10:02am On Dec 08, 2016
Curriculum vitae or CV for short, is a latin expression which loosely translates to ‘the course of life’. By definition, a CV contains your biography or detailed account of academics, experience and projects undertaken, accomplishments, awards and affiliations, publications, teaching experience, honors and grants. A CV is written in a chronological order and the content does not change as per the job requirement.

Résumé, a french word, means to sum up. Résumé is a brief job specific document that summarises the job experience, skillset, accomplishments, education, volunteer and extra curricular activities directly relevant to the particular position. The order in which it written is of little or no importance but the content must be tailored to suit the position applied for.The length of a resume is usually one or two pages whereas the length of the CV may vary as per the content.

CV is mainly used in UK, New Zealand, European Union. Résumé is used in US and Canada. In India, South Africa and Australia, the terms resume and CV are used interchangeably.Depending on which part of the world you stay, you may choose the type of document. In India, unless specified, a combination of CV and resume is used. The document must contain your work experience so far(only relevant experience if you are aiming for change of career), education, training and volunteer activities, accomplishments, and extra-curricular activities, affiliations and publications.
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
ammyluv2002:
See me sef...I dey combine resume and CV together. Chai! angry angry

Thank you, bros!

Why you no go combine CV with resume when you be confirmed olodo. grin How many pages is your resume by the way?

Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by ammyluv2002(f): 4:38pm On Dec 08, 2016
LastMumu:

Why you no go combine CV with resume when you be confirmed olodo. grin How many pages is your resume by the way?

Seriously? Comfirmed olodo? Smh undecided undecided
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
ammyluv2002:
Seriously? Comfirmed olodo? Smh undecided undecided

You do understand I was joking, right? Check my sobriquet again. grin
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by ammyluv2002(f): 4:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
LastMumu:

You do understand I was joking, right? Check my sobriquet again. grin
D'accord! grin cheesy
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by bignoble05(m): 7:20pm On Dec 08, 2016
Very educative.
Re: What Is Difference Between Resume, Cover Letter And CV by 4lorunsho(m): 7:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
OP Nigeria resume is ur CV ooooooo . I stand to be corrected but I know this #Godbless

(1) (Reply)

BOURBON Oil & Gas Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancies In The Ecowas Parliament, Abujavacancy Announcement And Job Profiles – / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Tuterial Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.