Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,544 members, 7,823,387 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:33 AM

Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG (2473 Views)

'Saraki Is Not A Robber': Protest Over Indictment Of Saraki In Offa Bank Robbery / Indictment Of SGF: 92 Groups Threaten Nationwide Protest.. / $180m Halliburton Scam: Ex-heads Of State’s Indictment ‘scared Jonathan’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:44pm On Dec 08, 2016
Idetun-Titun Community is located within Ikorodu Area of Lagos state. Within the community there is a market called Owode Onirin market, situated within the community, a residential community.

In this market, artisans and traders engaged in burning of cable materials, polluting the environment, endangering the lives of inhabitants and exposing residents of the community to life threatening diseases.

Upon carrying out my investigation, I got to realise that the community, through their Landlord Association have written to the Lagos state governor's office, The Lagos State House of Assembly and the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) since 2010. It is also interesting to note that already some people are feeling adverse effect on their health. A perculiar case was a woman, she got some complications in her breathing a couple of years ago due to incessant burning. This was revealed during my interaction with the Chairman of the Community Association.

An interesting thing about it is that the artisans boastfully say that "there is nothing government can do about it" and "no one can stop them". An artisan that I spoke with on condition of anonymity told me that they settle officials of the government and Police, that it is futile to attempt to stop them. He said, "that is why government no de answer the landlord people".

Annother interesting thing to note is that it is alleged that the cables that are usually burnt were stolen power cables, which is in itself a crime against the federal government.

I am disturbed and concerned that the Lagos state government, the Lagos state House of Assembly and the State Environmental Protection Agency would turn a blind eye to the plight of the people of Idetun-Titun community in Ikorodu. I am sure that if a similar thing is done in Ikoyi, Victoria island and other places inhabited by the rich and privileged, it will not take the government an hour to act.

We can't continue to tolerate wickedness against the ordinary masses, we have the responsibility of calling the LASG and Governor Akinwumi Ambode to do the needful and end the madness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oXgkk-z3qU

Find Video that I captured...
Also find copies of letters that were written by the community to the Lagos State Government, State House of Assembly and State Environmental Protection Agency. (uploading it)

May God Bless Us All And Bless Nigeria

Written by TonyeBarcanista.
Shared on Palmchat network
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by HungerBAD: 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2016
Tonye.

You don port for South West Nigeria?

You have done well Barcanista. The truth about Lagos State, is that somebody somewhere is always on the lookout on social media, for News about Lagos State, and this will get noticed and hopefully be attended to soon.

5 Likes

Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Uploading the letters that were ignored by the authorities since 2010
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:50pm On Dec 08, 2016
HungerBAD:
Tonye.

You don port for South West Nigeria?
Boss, for the love of Nigeria na cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
Letter to LASEPA

Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by kingsman66(m): 1:56pm On Dec 08, 2016
am not understanding
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:58pm On Dec 08, 2016
Letter written to Governor Fashola.... but ignored

Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TheEastActivist: 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
Op you should focus on this and leave politics for bright minds grin

Congrats for your new career.
And now this thread should be in the health section instead of politics section.
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:03pm On Dec 08, 2016
Letter written to Lagos state House of Assembly

Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
I was also told that other series of letters to the authorities were written apart from these ones uploaded but like others, they were equally ignored.

Nigerians must come to their aid for the sake of the environment and the country.
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by stobery(m): 2:07pm On Dec 08, 2016
And the op is from my nigerdelta ooo

Ok kwontinu!
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:08pm On Dec 08, 2016
[s]
TheEastActivist:

And now this thread should be in the health section instead of politics section.
[/s]Politics is about service, not all about warring. Gerrout
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:09pm On Dec 08, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TheEastActivist: 2:55pm On Dec 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
[s][/s]Politics is about service, not all about warring. Gerrout

Lol... I always believed you've never had a grasp of what politics means...

Politics is all about warring in terms of ideas...

Now do me a favour... focus on your health matters... grin

By the way, What's this thread still doing in politics section?
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 3:19pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Lol... I always believed you've never had a grasp of what politics means...

Politics is all about warring in terms of ideas...

Now do me a favour... focus on your health matters... grin

By the way, What's this thread still doing in politics section?
And why are you so concerned about what I do instead of bothering about yourself? When did you become this concerned? Shift jare
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by Metroescobar: 3:26pm On Dec 08, 2016
angry
TheEastActivist:

Shut up! Ipob tout!

2 Likes

Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TheEastActivist: 3:37pm On Dec 08, 2016
Metroescobar:
angry

Shut up! Ipob tout!

Op a.k.a barcanista you don't need to switch monicker to vent your frustration to life.. cheesy

I know you won't like to deface your thread screaming IPOB. Hahaha

You are more dumb than I thought. cheesy
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TheEastActivist: 3:41pm On Dec 08, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
And why are you so concerned about what I do instead of bothering about yourself? When did you become this concerned? Shift jare

Getting Too emotional these days..

NL politics can be tiring sometimes as it is harder than reality when people can be brainwashed like zombies... hehe hehe

If you can't stand the heat leave the kitchen... grin

Don't KNOW what this thread is doing in political section, is the mods really working ?
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by Metroescobar: 3:42pm On Dec 08, 2016
TheEastActivist:

Op a.k.a barcanista you don't need to switch monicker to vent your frustration to life.. cheesy

I know you won't like to deface your thread screaming IPOB. Hahaha

You are more dumb than I thought. cheesy

It's not him stop taking nairaland matters to heart! No one cares about ipob so stop crying.....but you are really not making any sense so do the needful and sharrap!

1 Like

Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TheEastActivist: 3:46pm On Dec 08, 2016
Metroescobar:

It's not him stop taking nairaland matters to heart! No one cares about ipob so stop crying.....but you are really not making any sense so do the needful and sharrap!

Lol!!!
No one cares about ipob yet you carry them for your head like gala Hawking it anywhere your argument is flawed...
It seems IPOB is really giving you a serious nightmare and you know what... I love it cheesy
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by TonyeBarcanista(m): 8:39pm On Dec 08, 2016
Metroescobar:

Don't mind him, always looking for who to waste data with him.
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by STONEGEORGE15(m): 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2016
Thank you Barca. The community needs our support.
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by talktimi(m): 11:44am On Dec 09, 2016
The day Nigerians start holding those in position of authority to account is the day we just might start moving foward as a nation but the step has to be taken first of all regardless of party affiliations.
Re: Video And Pictures: Pollution Of Idetun-titun Community And Indictment Of LASG by ibibiofirstlady(f): 12:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
talktimi:
The day Nigerians start holding those in position of authority to account is the day we just might start moving foward as a nation but the step has to be taken first of all regardless of party affiliations.
I am in agreement with you

(1) (Reply)

IKEJI ARONDIZUOGU In Imo State Holds Next Week / We Can’t Survive Another Civil War, Sultan Warns Nigerians / "My People Are Useless. My People Are Senseless" Fela Knew Buhari For Who He Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.